U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 AM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 986,333 times
Reputation: 424

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Why is every person who is against illegal immigration, lumped in with the KKK? I am not a racist, nor am I against a multi cultural society.

I do have issues with illegal aliens who flaunt the laws of the United States, and expect to have the same rights as lawful citizens.

If an iilegal alien is apprehended, he or she should be deported. If they have given birth to children here, those children should go home with their parents. We are not rejecting citizens, but those children can't take care of themselves.

In regards to children, unlawfully brought into the United States, they have a country, their birth country.
It's not that people are against it, it's what they say in these threads. Your post sounds reasonable and fine. Most of the people sound like they are going to stand on the border and shoot someone for getting too close when coming up from Mexico while they are in Mexico. Also, since these people really only talk about Hispanics, especially Mexicans and have a problem a lot of times with Hispanic-Americans, that is racist.

Last edited by plates; 08-26-2012 at 01:37 AM..

 
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19 AM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
1,027 posts, read 561,876 times
Reputation: 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Again, all illegal aliens are not Hispanic or from Mexico.
Not all, but the majority of them are Hispanic. I live in Northern California and have seen a drastic downward spiral in my lifetime. Not all due to illegals, but we have had four cities file for bankruptcy, San Jose has had 11 murders in the past 8 days (mostly Hispanic gang members), Americans are out of work in large numbers, our resources (water, etc.) are being depleted at a record rate, huge cutbacks in police departments and some disbanding all together, etc. and etc. There is no more room at the inn. The US has enough of its own problems without importing other countries' unwanted populations. As taxpayers, our money should not go toward supporting those who break into our country illegally. Period. Race has nothing to do with it.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 AM
 
32,027 posts, read 14,783,562 times
Reputation: 8554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
However, using this thread as an example...anti-illegals only concentrate on Hispanic Mexicans. This concentration is so heavy that it is disproportional and therefore makes anti's look like racists.

If we were to run stastics on ethnic/race mentioned in this forum alone I would wager Hispanic Mexican are around 98%-99% IMO (based on my 5 years here ...a SWAG). It is very much a racist agenda.
I don't know how many times it has been explained that the reason that Hispanics or Mexicans get the focus in the discussion about illegal immigration is because 60% of illegal immigrants are Mexicans and 20% are other Hispanics. That leaves only 20% that aren't. How are the facts racist? What group has been marching in our streets and making verbal demands on our country? What group has all kinds of advocacy groups working for them? What group has politicians in congress who share ethnic ties working for them? Come on man, we know about the other 20% of illegal immigrants that are here and we want them dealt with also but using the race card based on the above facts is unwarranted.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 AM
 
32,027 posts, read 14,783,562 times
Reputation: 8554
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
It's not that people are against it, it's what they say in these threads. Your post sounds reasonable and fine. Most of the people sound like they are going to stand on the border and shoot someone for getting too close when coming up from Mexico while they are in Mexico. Also, since these people really only talk about Hispanics, especially Mexicans and have a problem a lot of times with Hispanic-Americans, that is racist.
Please read my post #23 for clarification. No, most people do not talk about taking the law into their own hands and shooting Mexicans as they cross the border illegally so why the focus on a few radicals who talk cr*p? Most Americans do not have a problem with Hispanic citizens either just as long as they don't put their ethnic group above our immigration laws. Has it ever occured to you that those who do might be the racist ones?
 
Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 AM
 
Location: TX
6,009 posts, read 4,974,309 times
Reputation: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Because we have a huge recession without jobs for people here? One would wonder even more why groups like La Raza are so in favor of low skilled migrants even when we don't have jobs for Americans.
I live in a small town in central Texas. I haven't seen many employees who I could reasonably suspect for an illegal immigrant, including manual labor jobs. Not saying you're wrong, but this has always sounded to me like the equivalent of "The house is sinking on one side. I think we might have antlions or somethin."
 
Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,864,905 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
However, using this thread as an example...anti-illegals only concentrate on Hispanic Mexicans. This concentration is so heavy that it is disproportional and therefore makes anti's look like racists.

If we were to run stastics on ethnic/race mentioned in this forum alone I would wager Hispanic Mexican are around 98%-99% IMO (based on my 5 years here ...a SWAG). It is very much a racist agenda.
Without a doubt, some Americans are racists. That will never change. So, naturally, some opponents of illegal immigration are racists. Likewise, a certain percentage of opponents of abortion, our involvement in the Middle East, high gas prices, you name it, are racists. Yet, I have never heard anyone accuse all opponents of the aforementioned of being a racist simply because "some" opponents are. To even suggest that MOST opponents of illegal immigration are racists is at the very least disingenuous.

If 80% of illegal aliens were Haitian, they would be the main topic of conversation on this forum. And, I would still be here fervently opposing their presence. I certainly would never support a cause based solely on shared ancestry. Wrong is wrong.

I am certain if the majority of illegal aliens were Haitian, none of the so-called "immigrant" advocacy groups would be railing against opponents of illegal immigration. Nor would they accuse opponents of illegal immigration of racism. In fact, race would not even be considered a factor. Rather, they would defend opponents of illegal immigration on the basis of our right as a sovereign nation to enforce our immigration laws. They would also argue that we must tackle the problem in the best interest of our country; in particular, our high unemployment, tanking economy, limited resources, and national security. While many would probably feel compassion, few would believe we have an obligation to allow them to stay. If anything, the same people who vociferously support Hispanic illegal aliens, would suggest we apply pressure on Haiti to curtail the flow of Haitian illegal immigration. Again, for the good of OUR country.

It is the height of hypocrisy for Hispanic advocacy groups, in particular, La Raza, to dare call opponents of illegal immigration racists, given their ethnocentric views. Mach, perhaps you can explain why it is NOT racist to want Hispanics (legal or illegal) to have a right to seek a better life in the US, while requesting a moratorium on immigrants from Africa. Can you? Also, if most illegal aliens were Haitian, can you honestly say you would still be a faithful supporter? Or, is your position on this issue based primarily on shared ethnicity?
 
Old 08-26-2012, 10:12 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,389,012 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
A lot of hispanic families have legal and illegal members. Hispanics are very family oriented (and are very willing to take care of elders); let say the children are legal and the parents are illegal. No matter how many laws are passed(and the us will see this maybe not now but in one generation) the children loyalties are going to be ALWAYS with the parents (whether law breakers or not). There is a movie about what happened in Virginia called "9500 Liberty" and pretty much one person said that; one day those kids, that are american by birth, might rise and stand in judgement of what is happened now to their parents.

I am not hispanic, nor illegal nor I have any illegal relatives. I am just saying what is going to happen. Maybe not today nor tomorrow. But one day, in the future. It is a matter of numbers.
Rise and stand in judgement? DON'T go there, please. More and more Americans WILL "rise and stand in judgement" against people who want amnesty for illegal aliens as well as just the the illegals. It ain't just anglo white people who're getting mad; more and more Blacks and Mexican Americans want those illegal aliens OUT of the US.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,389,012 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
eleonora1 you sound like a very rational person, however as I said most of the groups creating the hate mongering are white supremacist.

Just google FAIR (and their principal money avenues such as The Pioneer fund)
VDARE
NumbersUSA

all created and run by white supremacists and white separatists. JUST FYI
Tell THAT to the Black people who want illegal aliens OUT of the US. Many of them SUPPORT those so called "white supremacist" groups.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 10:19 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,389,012 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
However, using this thread as an example...anti-illegals only concentrate on Hispanic Mexicans. This concentration is so heavy that it is disproportional and therefore makes anti's look like racists.

If we were to run stastics on ethnic/race mentioned in this forum alone I would wager Hispanic Mexican are around 98%-99% IMO (based on my 5 years here ...a SWAG). It is very much a racist agenda.
Mexicans ain't a race: Mitt Romney is Mexican American. Sheesh.

Word has it many "brown" Hispanic OTM's also say they're "Mexican" if picked up by ICE cause it's much easier to try to sneak back in the US from Mexico than a place like Guatemala. Counting those people in with the real Mexicans: I can see why when people think "illegal alien", they think Mexican.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 10:19 AM
 
Location: San Diego
33,008 posts, read 30,280,395 times
Reputation: 17819
Americans are "racist" by wanting illegals kept off our S border no more than Mexicans are "racist" wanting to keep illegals off of their S border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top