U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Americans are "racist" by wanting illegals kept off our S border no more than Mexicans are "racist" wanting to keep illegals off of their S border.
Exactly! Likewise, while some white Americans oppose Obama due to racism, MOST oppose him due to his policies. I am sooooooo sick of racism being manufactured to support agendas.

 
Old 08-26-2012, 02:40 PM
 
31,921 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Reputation: 8514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mexicans ain't a race: Mitt Romney is Mexican American. Sheesh.

Word has it many "brown" Hispanic OTM's also say they're "Mexican" if picked up by ICE cause it's much easier to try to sneak back in the US from Mexico than a place like Guatemala. Counting those people in with the real Mexicans: I can see why when people think "illegal alien", they think Mexican.
Mitt Romney is not a Mexican-American. He was born here and is an American.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 02:44 PM
 
31,921 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Reputation: 8514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Exactly! Likewise, while some white Americans oppose Obama due to racism, MOST oppose him due to his policies. I am sooooooo sick of racism being manufactured to support agendas.
I am also sick of certain groups being referred to as white supremist groups such as FAIR and Numbers USA just because they support limited legal immigration and denounce illegal immigration. They aren't the KKK nor do they adhere to their racist agenda. Why are these groups brought up anyways? Most Americans aren't members of those groups but they do support the same sane immigration policies. It has nothing to do with race.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I am also sick of certain groups being referred to as white supremist groups such as FAIR and Numbers USA just because they support limited legal immigration and denounce illegal immigration. They aren't the KKK nor do they adhere to their racist agenda. Why are these groups brought up anyways? Most Americans aren't members of those groups but they do support the same sane immigration policies. It has nothing to do with race.
If pro-illegals could offer a cogent argument to justify their support for illegal aliens, they would. But, since they can't, they rely on deflection and baseless accusations of racism. One of their favorite tactics is to vilify groups opposed to illegal immigration by portraying them as vile racists and white supremacists. The fact that they know it's a lie doesn't stop them, because, again, that's all they can do.

If you were to ask them to provide concrete evidence that NumbersUSA and FAIR are white supremacists, the response would be the usual crickets. Of course, the truth can be easily verified. Again, if they could, they would. Thus far, it's just been empty, foolish rhetoric. Consider the source.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 871,323 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoD View Post
Really? I'm against illegal immigrants and I don't have anything to do with the KKK !
What's your point?


T.
His/Her point is that if your anti-illegal immigration that your often labeled as racist and its true.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Reputation: 27525
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
His/Her point is that if your anti-illegal immigration that your often labeled as racist and its true.
I've been called both a bigot and a racist because I've disagreed with policy.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Again, all illegal aliens are not Hispanic or from Mexico.
No just the vast majority of them.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 04:02 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,664,266 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I am also sick of certain groups being referred to as white supremist groups such as FAIR and Numbers USA just because they support limited legal immigration and denounce illegal immigration. They aren't the KKK nor do they adhere to their racist agenda. Why are these groups brought up anyways? Most Americans aren't members of those groups but they do support the same sane immigration policies. It has nothing to do with race.

Mexicans are extremely race sensitive. They assume all Anglos hate Mexicans unless proven otherwise. I don't see this kind of thinking in Asian Americans, India Americans, or Filipino Americans.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 04:15 PM
 
1,150 posts, read 992,902 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
It's not that people are against it, it's what they say in these threads. Your post sounds reasonable and fine. Most of the people sound like they are going to stand on the border and shoot someone for getting too close when coming up from Mexico while they are in Mexico. Also, since these people really only talk about Hispanics, especially Mexicans and have a problem a lot of times with Hispanic-Americans, that is racist.
So what should we be talking about? Illegal Swedes, Russians, Italians? Since the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, and the majority of those are from Mexico, they tend to get the attention. When was the last time you called a business, and were prompted to 'press 1' for German, French, or Arabic? Why is it you can't get a job in some places unless you speak Spanish? Why were some teachers in Texas, and some police officers in California told to learn to speak Spanish, or look for another job? Don't you think it's rather racist for peple to pander to Hispanics in this way? No one was kept from getting a job because they didn't speak Polish, or Japanese. No one was told to learn to speak Greek, or Tagalog. Yes, we do focus on illegal Hispanics, particularly Mexicans, and with good reason, but it's not racism. It's the fact that they are here in overwhelming numbers, and are the ones being catered to.
 
Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 PM
 
31,921 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Reputation: 8514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
So what should we be talking about? Illegal Swedes, Russians, Italians? Since the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, and the majority of those are from Mexico, they tend to get the attention. When was the last time you called a business, and were prompted to 'press 1' for German, French, or Arabic? Why is it you can't get a job in some places unless you speak Spanish? Why were some teachers in Texas, and some police officers in California told to learn to speak Spanish, or look for another job? Don't you think it's rather racist for peple to pander to Hispanics in this way? No one was kept from getting a job because they didn't speak Polish, or Japanese. No one was told to learn to speak Greek, or Tagalog. Yes, we do focus on illegal Hispanics, particularly Mexicans, and with good reason, but it's not racism. It's the fact that they are here in overwhelming numbers, and are the ones being catered to.
Well stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top