Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,769,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
About the effect on blacks....blah, blah, blah...give it a rest. When did you all start caring about blacks? LMAO....really? The welfare of blacks is now a right wing concern? When did that start? Oh yea...when you found another group that you dislike even more.
When will you start caring about blacks? I care about my fellow Americans. You seem to think you actually know more about me than what my posts reveal. Your obvious hate for "those people" is always evident in spite of the fact that you don't come right out and say who "those people" are. Oh, wait, there is that "one exception" from "those people".

Shutting down companies that hire illegals is the government's job. If citizens had that power, it would happen.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
About the effect on blacks....blah, blah, blah...give it a rest. When did you all start caring about blacks? LMAO....really? The welfare of blacks is now a right wing concern? When did that start? Oh yea...when you found another group that you dislike even more.
One does not have to care about blacks per se to care about the future of this country. All American youth but especially black youth is facing serious unemployment - and then what?

Do we just accept that we are the one nation in the world where citizenship counts for nothing and the entire world can compete with us for jobs -- yet not one other nation, not even Mexico will allow unemployed Americans including black Americans to come and take jobs from their citizens?

Like my grandfather always said -- what becomes of Detroit is what becomes of the USA, he didn't live in Detroit. And it doesn't matter if you're talking about whites there or blacks there -- you're talking about the lives of Americans.

We now have political leaders who really do not give a damn about the fates of the American people. Not one politician cares to bring up the high rate of youth unemployment, including and especially black youth unemployment which is terrifyingly high. They'd rather talk about all they're doing to entice cheap foreign labor and the nice work visas they're handing to them. Screw the Americans.

Why should Americans care about blacks? Because they are fellow Americans and it's also not smart to have so many black kids without any kind of future. And people -- like Obama -- can write off Detroit because it's not a hispanic city, Detroit was the capitol of our manufacturing industry and without that, what future is there?

It was the automobile industry especially that made us the richest nation in the world, it was the industry that created jobs -- jobs that didn't require 8 years of college but could lift someone into middle class. Nothing else can replace it. So - now we face a serious crisis of jobs but even still, the politicians don't see the problem with wide open borders where anyone can just waltz in, steal some documents and use them.

And you're right - illegals are not leaving and going home. They're still pouring over the border, maybe not in as large of numbers but that's hard to determine. Remittances to Mexico are way up which indicates a significant number are still coming.

Unlike Mexico and other countries, when we allow our social problems to get out of control, we cannot simply dump them into another country. Mexico has a sure solution to it's chronic unemployed and illiterate class -- it can write comic books showing them how to get illegally into the USA.

We're building up an underclass that will have no where to go. So yes -- whatever anyone feels about race and the underclass black Americans, they are Americans. Their families have been here from the very start. They're not going anywhere -- certainly Mexico won't take them, in spite of it's insistence we take it's underclasses off it's hands.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
Take Las Vegas as an example. Years ago, African Americans flocked to Vegas for the unskilled labor jobs. Maids, doorman, valets. Las Vegas was actually quite progressive in the 1950's, black Americans were elevated into chef positions and supervisory roles, based on merit and work ethic. Fast forward to today, most unskilled positions are staffed with illegals, who will work for less wages. Supervisory staff is expected to be bi-lingual to communicate with all staff members, that pretty much rules out African Americans. Racism is rampant, and blacks are marginalized in the current economy. But, companies can still extol their "virtues" of hiring "minorities", as minority hiring is lumped as white vs. Non white, without breakout distinction of Hispanics and Blacks.

Look at the figures of African American poverty and unemployment rates. It is shameful. And directly correlates to escalating illegal immigration.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:42 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Like Shaft said, "it just warms my black heart" that all of a sudden, you all LOVE us black folks...seemingly out of the blue. I wonder what brought that on?

Oh yea! You fear the "brown hordes" more than you dislike blacks. Lol...its too transparent. Just admit it.

For the last time, you guys' anger is misplaced. WHITE owned businesses and corporations are hiring these people. The jobs are the invitation. You guys simply can't deal with that, so you're lashing out at blacks for their apathy, when whites are responsible for the problem in the first place. I know that hurts, but all I can do is offer you an Advil. Sorry.

Close down a large corporation...until then, you're all full of feces.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Like Shaft said, "it just warms my black heart" that all of a sudden, you all LOVE us black folks...seemingly out of the blue. I wonder what brought that on?

Oh yea! You fear the "brown hordes" more than you dislike blacks. Lol...its too transparent. Just admit it.

For the last time, you guys' anger is misplaced. WHITE owned businesses and corporations are hiring these people. The jobs are the invitation. You guys simply can't deal with that, so you're lashing out at blacks for their apathy, when whites are responsible for the problem in the first place. I know that hurts, but all I can do is offer you an Advil. Sorry.

Where do you see "LOVE"?

I didn't say I just love a bunch of people I never met.

I just care about my country and it's not good for my country to just let a large chunk of Americans have no future of any kind. Jobs are the solution for the American underclass. Giving jobs instead to anyone who would cross the border illegally doesn't help this country. It doesn't solve our social problems.

Mexico is much smarter -- while it doesn't intend to improve anything for it's underclass populations, it does have a plan for them. Get them to the USA and let them become our problem. And stupidly we're going along with their plan. We haven't begun to solve the problems of our own underclass but we're taking in the underclass of other nations.

And so all money to help people get caught up in education and so on now does not go to Americans. It's the illegals who now have all kinds of funding for drop-out programs, and are being promised free college educations, being told they will be given first dibs on any college scholarships and financial aid.

And the Americans being left behind? What becomes of them? Whether you love them or not, you should see the problem in this approach.

And now our middle class is fast shrinking -- Mexico's middle class is growing.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:15 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,769,906 times
Quote:

Well we certainly know where your anger is placed.

Where in this thread has anyone "lashed out about blacks for their apathy"? If that's what you read then you have a serious problem with comprehension.

You seriously think that it is within the power of citizens to "close down a corporation"? I'll repeat myself: it is the job of government to investigate and close down corporations that hire illegals. Instead of closing a corporation down, the corporation gets fined for hiring illegals. (Are you still with me?) Investigating corporations that hire illegals is NOT a priority with this President. Actually it isn't even an issue any longer. Based on his performance where illegals are concerned, he more than likely thinks that illegals depend on those jobs and it would be unfair to cause illegals to lose their jobs due to a forced shut down and keeping in mind that they would not qualify for unemployment and be forced to return to their native country.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:34 PM

62,728 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
In this case, an invitation is called "a job." Who is employing these people? Get rid of the potential jobs, and you get rid of the problem.

But if course, you don't wanna do that. No...its easier to rant about the person doing what you'd do in his situation...go somewhere else for a better life. I'd do it too.

You guys aren't serious about ending illegal immigration. When I see ONE LARGE American corporation forced to shut its doors for hiring illegal labor, then I'll believe you guys. Til then, you're just talking out of rear body orifices.

I've seen no evidence of that, and I'm far closer to the border than you. If they don't know how many are here in the first place, then saying that a third have left is a joke. I can take you to several businesses in Central Phoenix right now that I had shipping contracts with where I know half the workers AT LEAST are illegal. And its not hard to tell....its obvious.

So again, the folks that invite cheap illegal labor are getting away with it and no one is doing anything about it.
Ok, I've read just about enough of your offensive remarks in here.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Well we certainly know where your anger is placed.

Where in this thread has anyone "lashed out about blacks for their apathy"? If that's what you read then you have a serious problem with comprehension.

You seriously think that it is within the power of citizens to "close down a corporation"? I'll repeat myself: it is the job of government to investigate and close down corporations that hire illegals. Instead of closing a corporation down, the corporation gets fined for hiring illegals. (Are you still with me?) Investigating corporations that hire illegals is NOT a priority with this President. Actually it isn't even an issue any longer. Based on his performance where illegals are concerned, he more than likely thinks that illegals depend on those jobs and it would be unfair to cause illegals to lose their jobs due to a forced shut down and keeping in mind that they would not qualify for unemployment and be forced to return to their native country.
Very good point. An American citizen could not shut down a corporation or arrest someone bringing in illegals even if he or she wanted to.

That job belongs to the federal government and in some cases state government and the Chief Executive aka president took an oath of office to uphold these laws but refuses to do so.

An American citizen cannot storm into Walmart headquarters and arrest anyone or shut down anything when it's discovered that they hire illegals for their cleaning staff that they pay so little, they sleep in the back corner of the store. Obama could have them shut down for that but he just issued 2 million new visas by Executive Order just so the corporations can get their cheap foreign labor.

The one who was given the responsibility of making sure federal laws are carried out blocked those very same laws with an Executive Order. Not for the benefit of a single unemployed or employed American citizen, but for the benefit of those who bring in the cheap labor illegally to vastly increase their profits.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:14 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,548,957 times
So what are the solutions?

Old 09-23-2012, 05:06 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,101,372 times
Lots of Americans hire illegals regardless of ethnic origin. This is the grief we get for raiding companies that hire illegals.

Mexican Woman Goes Crazy After Husband is Caught in Immigration Raid - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.