Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:47 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,769,906 times

Advertisements

I came across this article and considering it was written in 2008, more than likely much hasn't changed since it's writing. Or is this an issue that is being smothered by the democrat media supporters? These are only a few highlights of the article. Read about the gang activity. LA had at the time of the writing 500 Mexican gangs, compared to 200 AA gangs. How Mexicans aggressively push people out of their AA communities so they can take over; killing a 14 year old black girl to "send a message"; killing a black man because he went to a store to make a purchase, but the store was "For Latinos Only".

The Rainbow Coalition Evaporates by Steven Malanga, City Journal Winter 2008

Quote:
Akbar Shabazz, a telecommunications consultant, moved out of Gwinnett County, a middle-class Atlanta suburb with a large African-American population, after a huge influx of foreign-born Spanish speakers suddenly created a bilingual culture in the public schools, as well as such overcrowding that some schools had to hold classes in trailers. Since 1990, Gwinnett’s foreign-born population has increased tenfold, to about 185,000—now making up about 25 percent of the total population. “There were so many students speaking Spanish in my daughter’s kindergarten class that she felt isolated,” says Shabazz, who has joined a group of blacks supporting immigration restrictions

^^Taxpayers money funds classes in trailers?? Very third world.

Quote:
Blacks may also be starting to realize that many Latinos hold intensely negative stereotypes about them. In a 2006 study that ten academic researchers conducted of various racial groups’ attitudes in Durham, North Carolina, 59 percent of Latino immigrants said that few or no blacks were hardworking, and 57 percent said that few or no blacks could be trusted. By contrast, only 9 percent of whites said that blacks weren’t hardworking, and only 10 percent said that they couldn’t be trusted. Interestingly, the survey found that blacks were broadly well-disposed toward Hispanics, though how long that will be true remains to be seen.
^^Talk about racism!!!!

Quote:
Such talk portends problems for the Democratic Party, where Hispanics and African-Americans are two crucial constituencies. Courting the growing Hispanic vote, virtually all the top Democratic leaders in Washington support liberal immigration policies, including some form of amnesty. So far, the party has been able to embrace amnesty without threatening its traditional lock on black votes. Republicans are missing an opportunity, thinks Vanderbilt’s Swain. “Some Republicans have positions on immigration that would resonate in the black community, but only a few have tried to take advantage of black anger on immigration,” she says.

For Swain, white members of Congress who favor restrictions on low-wage immigration may be representing black interests better than the Congressional Black Caucus does. Many blacks, she believes, now recognize that former political allies like the Democratic Party, white liberals, and unions have abandoned them in favor of immigrants, who represent the newest Left cause—and that the black political leadership isn’t doing anything about it.
Another thought: Will Affirmative Action no longer be to the benefit of AAs, but become their barrier, and will now be for the benefit of Mexicans? Illegals are getting 2 year visas and they would have the right to use Afirmative Action to their benefit, possibly at the expense of AAs being displaced to meet Affirmative Action requirements.

Last edited by softblueyz; 08-26-2012 at 03:14 AM..

Old 08-26-2012, 03:27 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,731,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I came across this article and considering it was written in 2008, more than likely much hasn't changed since it's writing. Or is this an issue that is being smothered by the democrat media supporters? These are only a few highlights of the article. Read about the gang activity. LA had at the time of the writing 500 Mexican gangs, compared to 200 AA gangs. How Mexicans aggressively push people out of their AA communities so they can take over; killing a 14 year old black girl to "send a message"; killing a black man because he went to a store to make a purchase, but the store was "For Latinos Only".

^^Talk about racism!!!!

Another thought: Will Affirmative Action no longer be to the benefit of AAs, but become their barrier, and will now be for the benefit of Mexicans? Illegals are getting 2 year visas and they would have the right to use Afirmative Action to their benefit, possibly at the expense of AAs being displaced to meet Affirmative Action requirements.
I worked at a law firm back in the mid 80's and the office manager and several of my co-workers were (white) mexicans. At the time I worked for a very high ranking partner and one of my managers' mexican friends wanted my job. She literally harrassed me on a daily basis in an attempt to force me to resign so she could put her mexican counterpart in my position. I began filing complaints against her and she eventually backed off. That was my first taste of their ethnocentricity at work.

As their takeover of the US heats up, I hope all of the stupid politicians pandering for votes have their retirement ducks in a row. At the rate that they are pandering, they will soon be former senators and congressmen as anyone who is not "hispanic" will be replaced by one.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Where I live, because of the military base, some blacks are brought here.

There is a very convenient way to deny black Americans jobs here -- and that is by making a native Spanish fluency language requirement for just about every job. Jobs like automobile mechanic require fluent Spanish even though a mechanic really doesn't need to talk to the car.

Stores will require every clerk and cashier to speak fluent Spanish - so that makes it unnecessary to hire either white or black Americans. Of course they could just have one cashier to accomodate the Spanish speakers but they insist for some reason all must speak Spanish. They aren't required to speak English.

You will find many businesses with 100% of one ethnic group. Job discrimination is very blatant.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
As their takeover of the US heats up, I hope all of the stupid politicians pandering for votes have their retirement ducks in a row. At the rate that they are pandering, they will soon be former senators and congressmen as anyone who is not "hispanic" will be replaced by one.
It's about replacing the American people -- not just blacks. Liberal politicians have changed. At one time liberals supported Cesar Chavez and the UFW. Walter Mondale and Ralph Abernathy even joined Cesar Chavez in a march to the border to call attention to the lack of immigration enforcement and to demand something be done about it.

Now you have liberal politicians like Bloomberg actually suggesting filling our inner cities like that of Detroit with illegals. Giving illegals assistance and enticements to move into run down areas and replace the people of those neighborhoods. Of course they won't openly say it but they mean replace the black Americans with illegal foreigners. No attempt is being made to get inner city youths employment, and now Obama is handing out 2 million work visas to illegal foreigners and completely disregarding the high unemployment rates of American youth.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:08 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Uh; back in day the us "Irish" rioted when we were mad, 100 years later the Blacks did, but, I'm real surprised the Blacks in 2012 ain't rioting against the illegal aliens.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:36 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I worked at a law firm back in the mid 80's and the office manager and several of my co-workers were (white) mexicans. At the time I worked for a very high ranking partner and one of my managers' mexican friends wanted my job. She literally harrassed me on a daily basis in an attempt to force me to resign so she could put her mexican counterpart in my position. I began filing complaints against her and she eventually backed off. That was my first taste of their ethnocentricity at work.

I couldn't agree more. The racist attitudes of many Mexicans will become more and more evident once they gain political clout. The idiot pro-illegal black politicians will have a rude awakening once they're replaced by Hispanics, who, unlike many white Americans, do not suffer from white guilt. In fact, they don't give a damn about black folks, that is, other than to use black pawns to further their agenda. Once that's accomplished, they will promptly drop black supporters, and distance themselves from anything even marginally related to black Americans.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Where I live, because of the military base, some blacks are brought here.

There is a very convenient way to deny black Americans jobs here -- and that is by making a native Spanish fluency language requirement for just about every job. Jobs like automobile mechanic require fluent Spanish even though a mechanic really doesn't need to talk to the car.

Stores will require every clerk and cashier to speak fluent Spanish - so that makes it unnecessary to hire either white or black Americans. Of course they could just have one cashier to accomodate the Spanish speakers but they insist for some reason all must speak Spanish. They aren't required to speak English.

You will find many businesses with 100% of one ethnic group. Job discrimination is very blatant.
Not only the Spanish language job requirement, but Hispanic is now considered a "minority," despite the fact that many are indeed white. So, an employer can hire a white "Hispanic" and still comply with EEO.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I couldn't agree more. The racist attitudes of many Mexicans will become more and more evident once they gain political clout. The idiot pro-illegal black politicians will have a rude awakening once they're replaced by Hispanics, who, unlike many white Americans, do not suffer from white guilt. In fact, they don't give a damn about black folks, that is, other than to use black pawns to further their agenda. Once that's accomplished, they will promptly drop black supporters, and distance themselves from anything even marginally related to black Americans.
The craziest part of La Raza is so many Mexicans and Mexican Americans ARE part "Black" according to George Lopez yet many those people still hate Blacks, even Dominicans who ARE also Hispanic.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not only the Spanish language job requirement, but Hispanic is now considered a "minority," despite the fact that many are indeed white. So, an employer can hire a white "Hispanic" and still comply with EEO.
Depends of what kind of "Hispanic": La Raza wants their "brown" people only, they don't like having to play with Argentines or people from Spain tho they're just as "Hispanic" as a Mexican peasant.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

^^Talk about racism!!!!

Sadly, far too many black Americans have been thoroughly brainwashed to believe in the fanciful black/brown coalition, and the lie that opposition to illegal immigration is racism against "brown" people. They are so blinded by their compelling need to align with the so-called disenfranchised, and support any issue with the "civil rights" label, they don't realize they are cutting their own throats, and are systematically being kicked to the curb. Unfortunately, by the time they realize they've been duped, it will be a fait accompli.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.