Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:08 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

No where is this more evident than in Miami. African Americans who have lived in South Florida for generations have become marginalized by the influx of Cubans and other Latinos. Preference for low income housing goes to Hispanics, because often those running the program are Hispanic. Minimum wage jobs go to those who speak Spanish. It is sad.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The craziest part of La Raza is so many Mexicans and Mexican Americans ARE part "Black" according to George Lopez yet many those people still hate Blacks, even Dominicans who ARE also Hispanic.
True. I have witnessed their self-loathing firsthand. After laughing hysterically, I had to correct a black woman from the Dominican Republic, who had the nerve to tell me she is often mistaken for being black. I guess she thought having Spanish as her native language somehow changed her DNA. It's sad.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No where is this more evident than in Miami. African Americans who have lived in South Florida for generations have become marginalized by the influx of Cubans and other Latinos. Preference for low income housing goes to Hispanics, because often those running the program are Hispanic. Minimum wage jobs go to those who speak Spanish. It is sad.
Indeed it is sad. But, this is only the beginning. Black folks are also being denied jobs and chased out of neighborhoods in the DC area. As a matter of fact, I have yet to see blacks employed at Hispanic-owned businesses.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:39 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
So...what's the solution?
This is why I hope Romney wins so he could stop what Obama is doing regarding giving these 2 millions illegals qnything.

This is one area where I hoped blacks and white amercinas could see common ground.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:10 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Quote:
The craziest part of La Raza is so many Mexicans and Mexican Americans ARE part "Black" according to George Lopez yet many those people still hate Blacks, even Dominicans who ARE also Hispanic.
That is something not often discussed, preference for light skinned Latinos. I have a friend from Puerto Rico, who was "told" she was not eligible for paperwork for unemployment insurance because she was NOT Puerto Rican...ummm....she was born there, she is definitely Puerto Rican...but she is black. She has told me she is often treated very poorly because of her skin color, by other Hispanics.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I couldn't agree more. The racist attitudes of many Mexicans will become more and more evident once they gain political clout. The idiot pro-illegal black politicians will have a rude awakening once they're replaced by Hispanics, who, unlike many white Americans, do not suffer from white guilt. In fact, they don't give a damn about black folks, that is, other than to use black pawns to further their agenda. Once that's accomplished, they will promptly drop black supporters, and distance themselves from anything even marginally related to black Americans.
Once in power, the ethnocentric racists will ensure that their own has total control over our government. The only thing OTH's will be good for in America will be paying the taxes in order to finance the newly selected corrupt regime and over abundant breeding masses.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Uh; back in day the us "Irish" rioted when we were mad, 100 years later the Blacks did, but, I'm real surprised the Blacks in 2012 ain't rioting against the illegal aliens.
This. So-called Black leaders have Black people thinking that illegal immigrants and Black Americans are supposed to "work together." It's imagine how blind they are being about it. Won't be any teamwork when Black people look up and realize they have been pushed out considerably.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This. So-called Black leaders have Black people thinking that illegal immigrants and Black Americans are supposed to "work together." It's imagine how blind they are being about it. Won't be any teamwork when Black people look up and realize they have been pushed out considerably.
So true. I watched a video of a conference in which the keynote speaker was a Hispanic professor. During the Q&A session, a black woman said her support for Hispanic "undocumented" is due to the fact they share the same African roots, and therefore, are her brothers and sisters. It was rather embarrassing when the professor corrected her. He told her few black Americans share the same roots as the majority of Hispanics in this country, in particular, the Mexican majority. He said, in fact, most Hispanics feel no connection whatsoever to black Americans. He also mentioned their lack of "white guilt" and the impact it will have on black Americans in areas with a Hispanic majority. Frankly, I was surprised by his candor. I wish I could recall his name and the title of his book. I posted the video in a thread, but I don't remember the title.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
Romney will not do anything to curb illegal immigration..NOTHING.
Just like Obama, if Romney wins the office he will further the illegal amnesty agenda.

And as a related side note; Romney has Hispanic roots in his family tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So...what's the solution?
This is why I hope Romney wins so he could stop what Obama is doing regarding giving these 2 millions illegals qnything.

This is one area where I hoped blacks and white amercinas could see common ground.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:27 AM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Romney will not do anything to curb illegal immigration..NOTHING.
Just like Obama, if Romney wins the office he will further the illegal amnesty agenda.

And as a related side note; Romney has Hispanic roots in his family tree.
I will wait and see what Romney will do but we already know what Obama has and will do. No, Romney has no Hispanic roots. Hispanic is a culture and none of the Romney's were practicing Hispanics culturally. His father was born in an American colony in Mexico and that is it! His father held Mexican citizenship but that doesn't make him nor his family Hispanic in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration