U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
Reputation: 2345

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/us...nted=1&_r=1&hp

Quote:
Juan David Gonzalez was 6 years old. He was in the court, which would decide whether to expel him from the country, without a parent — and also without a lawyer.

Immigration courts in this South Texas border town and across the country are confronting an unexpected surge of children, some of them barely school age, who traveled here without parents and were caught as they tried to cross illegally into the United States.

The young people, mostly from Mexico and Central America, ride to the border on the roofs of freight trains or the backs of buses. They cross the Rio Grande on inner tubes, or hike for days through extremes of heat and chill in Arizona deserts. The smallest children, like Juan, are most often brought by smugglers.
What kind of monsterous human beings do this to their children?

The kids should be deported. And their callous parents should be jailed and horsewhipped for child endangerment. Are they that in love with money that they're literally willing to risk their kid's lives in this awful manner? Why the hell would we welcome such people into our society?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2012, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/us...nted=1&_r=1&hp



What kind of monsterous human beings do this to their children?

The kids should be deported. And their callous parents should be jailed and horsewhipped for child endangerment. Are they that in love with money that they're literally willing to risk their kid's lives in this awful manner? Why the hell would we welcome such people into our society?
This is truly sickening. Clearly, their love for money trumps all. No loving parent would even consider jeopardizing the life of their child to gain access to the U.S. and our funds. There really are no words I can use to adequately convey my disgust for such scum without violating TOS. To call them POS would be much too kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is truly sickening. Clearly, their love for money trumps all. No loving parent would even consider jeopardizing the life of their child to gain access to the U.S. and our funds. There really are no words I can use to adequately convey my disgust for such scum without violating TOS. To call them POS would be much too kind.
It's child abuse. The article is crazy.

What kind of society would we have if we told the entire world that all they have to do to get access to American welfare benefits is to let their six year old go off with a smuggler? All that does isencourage people to abuse their children.

The whole premise of the article seems to be based around the stupid idea that these kids are innocent heroes and their parents just fighting poverty. That's absurd. These kids are being cruelly exploited by their parents in an effort to play on American sympathies. All of us would be better off if they all stayed home and make demands on their own goverments instead of ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,552,655 times
Reputation: 2360
That's horrifying. How can a parent send a 6 year old into the unknown? God only knows where some of those children may have ended up along the way and once in the US.

If the parents are in the US I don't see how they would benefit monetarily. The children are illegal and at the very most they would get an education but no government handouts. Nor would the children be eligible for citizenship or amnesty. Well not this one at least.

I would think that if there is no family in the US the children will become wards of the state, placed in a foster home, or adopted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It's child abuse. The article is crazy.

What kind of society would we have if we told the entire world that all they have to do to get access to American welfare benefits is to let their six year old go off with a smuggler? All that does isencourage people to abuse their children.

The whole premise of the article seems to be based around the stupid idea that these kids are innocent heroes and their parents just fighting poverty. That's absurd. These kids are being cruelly exploited by their parents in an effort to play on American sympathies. All of us would be better off if they all stayed home and make demands on their own goverments instead of ours.
One thing to keep in mind is levels of education. Many of these poor have an average of a 5th grade education and no more. Mexico does not have the level of government benefits that the US does.
The US is not deporting you if you get caught.

These people are not going to rally to get the Mexican government changed. They are going to pack up and come here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It's child abuse. The article is crazy.

What kind of society would we have if we told the entire world that all they have to do to get access to American welfare benefits is to let their six year old go off with a smuggler? All that does isencourage people to abuse their children.

The whole premise of the article seems to be based around the stupid idea that these kids are innocent heroes and their parents just fighting poverty. That's absurd. These kids are being cruelly exploited by their parents in an effort to play on American sympathies. All of us would be better off if they all stayed home and make demands on their own goverments instead of ours.
Yes, it's absurd. This is an extreme example of child abuse and endangerment. I tell you, each day the issue of illegal immigration becomes more bizarre. There is obviously no level too low for illegal aliens and their supporters to stoop. Who knows how many of these innocent children will fall prey to pedophiles and other vile creatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:16 AM
 
18,856 posts, read 30,463,066 times
Reputation: 25990
Elian Gonzalez was sent back to Cuba, even though he was eligible for US citizenship. He was sent back to live with his Father in Cuba.

These kids are not even eligible for citizenship like Elian was...I don't see why we are not just sending them back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Elian Gonzalez was sent back to Cuba, even though he was eligible for US citizenship. He was sent back to live with his Father in Cuba.

These kids are not even eligible for citizenship like Elian was...I don't see why we are not just sending them back.
Funny, not one person, at least that I'm aware of, screamed racism when he was returned. But, that's exactly what the Hispanic race hustlers will claim if we dare return these kids. Instead, they will demand we allow their parents and the rest of their family to join them. After all, it's the American way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,552,655 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
One thing to keep in mind is levels of education. Many of these poor have an average of a 5th grade education and no more. Mexico does not have the level of government benefits that the US does.
The US is not deporting you if you get caught.

These people are not going to rally to get the Mexican government changed. They are going to pack up and come here.
They are not all Mexican children. Some of these children come from South America and travel through Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
They are not all Mexican children. Some of these children come from South America and travel through Mexico.
I was replying to the poster that indicated the adults should demand change from their government.
The adults they were referring to would be the poor Mexicans that barely have a 5th grade education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top