U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times

Advertisements

Special visa program offers citizenship path for illegal immigrant youth in foster care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 AM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Special visa program offers citizenship path for illegal immigrant youth in foster care
Why haven't their deported parent/parents taken steps to bring their kids back to their homeland instead of continuing to allow them to be in foster care here? An even more important question would by why are these kids here illegally not deported right along with their parents?

Old 08-27-2012, 08:04 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why haven't their deported parent/parents taken steps to bring their kids back to their homeland instead of continuing to allow them to be in foster care here? An even more important question would by why are these kids here illegally not deported right along with their parents?
They should have taken the whole family. Not sure why we continue to allow human smuggling in our own backyard.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:42 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Sometimes illegal kids end up in the foster system through no fault of their own because their parents died, because their parents abandoned them, etc. In those circumstances I think it would actually be cruel to deport the children. You can't deport a minor orphan.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Sometimes illegal kids end up in the foster system through no fault of their own because their parents died, because their parents abandoned them, etc. In those circumstances I think it would actually be cruel to deport the children. You can't deport a minor orphan.
I understand and agree however I was referring to those parents who were deported but chose not to take their foreign born kids with them. If they were abandoned and the parents were deported I would think there would be some way to track the parents. Maybe I am just asking too much. If there is no way whatsover to find their parents of course we can't deport them without assuring they have some place to live but what we should have is an arrangement with Mexico or whatever country they are from to allow these minors back into that country and for their own country to be responsible for them by providing foster care not us.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I understand and agree however I was referring to those parents who were deported but chose not to take their foreign born kids with them. If they were abandoned and the parents were deported I would think there would be some way to track the parents. Maybe I am just asking too much. If there is no way whatsover to find their parents of course we can't deport them without assuring they have some place to live but what we should have is an arrangement with Mexico or whatever country they are from to allow these minors back into that country and for their own country to be responsible for them by providing foster care not us.
I think you are; some parents are useless scumbags and don't deserve to have children. I don't have a problem with us legalizing these orphan children, but we should also terminate their legal relationship with their families so that they can't piggyback on these orphans for visas later on. Otherwise, if word got out, we might see quite a lot of immigrant children pop up in the foster care system.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:07 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Well maybe that's why there is a surge of children without parents crossing the border.
They do get a free pass.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,447,336 times
My opinion, is that few of these kids are really "orphans"...most Hispanic families I know, have more cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, than you can imagine. Why aren't those folks stepping up? I guess Hispanic families don't care much for kids.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well maybe that's why there is a surge of children without parents crossing the border.
They do get a free pass.
It does appear as if they're trying to exploit a loophole in immigration law, one that needs to be closed while protecting the interest of children who are genuine foundlings.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I think you are; some parents are useless scumbags and don't deserve to have children. I don't have a problem with us legalizing these orphan children, but we should also terminate their legal relationship with their families so that they can't piggyback on these orphans for visas later on. Otherwise, if word got out, we might see quite a lot of immigrant children pop up in the foster care system.
I agree but I still think that the first option should be to have the countries of these kids provide foster care to them rather than us or send them the bill for it. If that isn't an option then of course we will have to provide for them but we have so many of our own kids in need of help and little funds help every poor, orphaned child in the world especially caring for them on our own soil. That is just my solution feel free to agree or disagree with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or