Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 03:10 PM

1,059 posts, read 825,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Show me proof of the contrary. I personally know quite alot of people in that situation, hence my conclusion that there are alot. Since illegal immigrants keep such a low profile out of fear of deportation/harassment then there probably isn't much hard data on this.
I would love it if these lawbreakers hid, but this is 2012. Maybe 20+ years ago; however, since the number of illegals keeps rising, they have become bolder and bolder, to the point they are threatening toward American citizens. I feel like we are the victims of a huge home invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,505,584 times
Quote:
Show me proof of the contrary. I personally know quite alot of people in that situation, hence my conclusion that there are alot. Since illegal immigrants keep such a low profile out of fear of deportation/harassment then there probably isn't much hard data on this.
How can I provide proof for something that does not exist? Likewise, you have no proof. Knowing a few people is not the same as having concrete evidence for millions. The point being, no one knows how old the average DACA applicant was when they entered this country. So, the claim that they came here at an early age, and know no other country, is unadulterated BS.

It's just one of the many lies of the pro-illegal lobby intended to garner support by tugging at our heartstrings. After all, I don't know anyone who does not have a soft spot for innocent children. If the illegal alien peddlers ever told the truth, it would be such a shock to their nervous system, it would be lethal. This entire DACA program is nothing but backdoor amnesty, period.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,478,218 times
Quote:
Those who smuggle infants and children in shouldn't be difficult to find -- after all they certainly come out of hiding often enough when its time to enroll those kids in the public schools so they'll get their two free meals, and you will see them hiding in just about every emergency room getting in on their free health care for those kids and themselves.

But now with all those lining up for their Obama-visas, it should not be difficult at all to find where they're hiding and get at least those who don't qualify like their parents and siblings under age 16 and over age 31 deported.

The whole problem is that all they have to do is check the box that says they were smuggled in before age 16, they do not have to prove it. It's all based on the "honor-system". No proof of anything is needed. No receipt from the smugglers showing when the parents had them smuggled in.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,729,582 times
Default Posted on USA Jobs - Government website

Job Title:Student Trainee (Program Analyst) - Internship
Department:Department Of Labor
Agency:Women's Bureau

Job Announcement Number:PW-12-CHI-WB-0222

SALARY RANGE:

$51,995.00 to $67,589.00 / Per YearOPEN PERIOD:

Thursday, September 06, 2012 to Wednesday, September 12, 2012SERIES & GRADE:

GS-0399-09POSITION INFORMATION:

Full-Time - Non-temporary InternPROMOTION POTENTIAL:

09DUTY LOCATIONS:

1 vacancy in the following location(s):
Chicago, IL, USView Map
60604View Map
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:

Eligible students from qualifying educational institutions. Refer to Qualifications section for more information.
U.S. Citizens; Non-Citizens as allowed by law.
This is an Excepted Service position. This job will be filled through an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service.

https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/325768000

Gee that didn't take long did it?

Old 09-12-2012, 02:08 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,758,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I would love it if these lawbreakers hid, but this is 2012. Maybe 20+ years ago; however, since the number of illegals keeps rising, they have become bolder and bolder, to the point they are threatening toward American citizens. I feel like we are the victims of a huge home invasion.
They came out of the shadows in the past 3-1/2 years when they realized they had an advocate in the US with a sympathic, pro-illegal President.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:48 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,864,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Quite frankly, employers don't like to hire foreigners on H1-B visas (so-called "highly skilled") because of all the expense and rigmarole that goes with it. Unfortunately, employers do have problems finding qualified Americans to do engineering, scientific and technical jobs.

Why in the world would an employer hire someone with a recent GED and no experience over a citizen in this market? I have a strong feeling that this newest attempt at welcoming illegals will backfire. Way too many young Americans with HS diplomas and light work experience are looking for work.

Has anyone noticed that there is finally a big push to "buy American"? A lot of us are sick and tired of having our jobs offshored while allowing millions into our country with little or no job skills expecting and receiving hand-outs. Let's try "Hire American" and get US back to work before we become a third world country.
if we had leadership that cared at all about this country, we would have prominant labels on goods whether they were american made or not. i think americans would do even better at making choices that would help their fellow citizens if they were reminded. (not to mention that some working people don't have time to study the labels on every single product to see where it comes from).

i am a little surprised that some investment group hasn't come up with a challenger to walmart, with just american made goods. i think it would be a big hit.

in the meantime, i think it is great that farmer's markets and local efforts are popping up all over the country. almost every town in my area has them now, and i support them.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,864,235 times
i find it very hard to believe that obama hasn't seen these statistics, which perhaps we should all be emailing him at the white house:

Unemployment Rate

1.US Unemployment Rate - 8.1%
2.This month the number of people employed fell by 119,000.
3.In the last two months, the number of people employed fell by 314,000!
4.In the last year, the civilian population rose by 3,695,000. Yet the labor force only rose by 971,000.
5.This month the Civilian Labor Force fell by 368,000.
6.Last month, those "not" in the labor force increased by 348,000 to 88,340,000, another record high.
7.This month we set another record high with a whopping 581,000 dropping out of the labor force. If you are not in the labor force, you are not counted as unemployed.
8.In the last year, those "not" in the labor force rose by 2,723,000
9.Over the course of the last year, the number of people employed rose by 2,347,000.
10.Participation Rate fell .02 to 63.5%;
11.There are 8,031,000 workers who are working part-time but want full-time work, a decrease of 215,00. This one the only bright spot in the report. (my own question- how do they determine this one?)
12.Long-Term unemployment (27 weeks and over) was 5.033 million a decline of 152,000 (likely an artifact of the decline in the labor force).
13.Were it not for people dropping out of the labor force, the unemployment rate would be well over 11%.

thanks to mish:
Read more at Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Petroleum And Gasoline Usage Charts for June, July, August; Unemployment vs. Gasoline Usage Analysis

so keep rewarding illegal immigrants, keep the borders open, keep watching americans lose jobs/benefits/full time work/higher wages, and see what happens to the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration