U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:07 PM

1,001 posts, read 2,742,697 times

Advertisements

Does it only exist as an outlet for some people to express their vitriolic and hyperbolic feelings?

I mean, I rarely see a legitimate point being made, and I rarely read a novel, workable, original, or meaningful point or post. Mostly of what I read is just an expression of frustration, hate, distortion, or something similar. Some of it is borderline bigoted/racist/xenophobic, and most of it is so incredibly inane, ridiculous, misleading, untrue, and/or offensive it's sickening.

Here's a challenge - post something original, productive, intellectual, or don't post anything at all. Because this forum makes me sick to share a country with some of you. And it's a pathetic reflection on this fine website and messageboard.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:12 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,136,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
Does it only exist as an outlet for some people to express their vitriolic and hyperbolic feelings?

I mean, I rarely see a legitimate point being made, and I rarely read a novel, workable, original, or meaningful point or post. Mostly of what I read is just an expression of frustration, hate, distortion, or something similar. Some of it is borderline bigoted/racist/xenophobic, and most of it is so incredibly inane, ridiculous, misleading, untrue, and/or offensive it's sickening.

Here's a challenge - post something original, productive, intellectual, or don't post anything at all. Because this forum makes me sick to share a country with some of you. And it's a pathetic reflection on this fine website and messageboard.

Before answering anything, tell me where in the US you live.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:14 PM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Well Anchorless, why don't you tell us where you live before you go barking orders at everyone - it appears whatever utopia you live in the illegals haven't reached it yet.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:18 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post

What is the point of you posting here if your delicate self is offended?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:27 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
If one lives in the Southwest (New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, So. California), the illegal immigration issue is of prominent importance as illegal immigration: has caused an dramatic increase in violent crime, has clogged hospitals and emergency rooms, has caused the decline in quality of neighborhoods, overcrowded schools, raised taxes for those in these states to pay for the costs of illegals

Those in states not impacted by illegal immigration "don't get it" and cannot see where there is a problem

Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
The only point I can think of, is a place to focus all of the intense revulsion and antipathy, and not have it spread throughout the other forums.

Nothing constructive comes from this forum, CD should just delete it.

I live in CA, and don't agree with the hate movement going on in here.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:32 PM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Well then to all the NIMBYs I would say if you don't play the game, you don't get to make the rules.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:39 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,136,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
The only point I can think of, is a place to focus all of the intense revulsion and antipathy, and not have it spread throughout the other forums.

You are welcome to request that the moderarors remove your access to this part of CD.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:39 PM

223 posts, read 536,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Well then to all the NIMBYs I would say if you don't play the game, you don't get to make the rules.
So you are saying that if we happen to live in a state that isn't overrun by illegals then we don't ge to comment on you complaining about how bad the influx of immigrants has become in your backyard and how bad you want them out?

Who are the NIMBYs here?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:41 PM

1,001 posts, read 2,742,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post

This is the observation I've made as well. It's just an unmoderated concentration of hate. How productive, though

I mean, what do y'all hope to accomplish? It's a gaggle of people who reassure each others' frustrations and emotions and see who can be the loudest and most obscene.

I would hope this forum could engage in more meaningful debate rather than being a soundboard for the same tired rhetoric. And the responses this particular thread has received is strong evidence that this probably won't be the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or