U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 AM

430 posts, read 1,259,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtallredhead View Post

I also DO know that many americans pay Taxes, -I am well aware of my country and people faults and I think frankly the U.S. is likely headed for a new great depression and may well be an ultimate failure. Don't overgeneralize about "nativists" -we don't all think alike! -Emil.
I meant, there many U.S. citizens who do NOT pay taxes.

Really, I do not primarily blame nor hate most of the illegal migrants themselves, -though I do also have some angry about their actions. I think on Internet forums like this you get mostly people with more extreme , more simplistic views (though with exceptions) that are not reflective of the public as a whole. Most U.S. citizens off all races, -even hispanics- don't want illegal immigration and do not want increased legal immigration either, But the majority also do NOT support mass deportation either. They support earned legalization of a selective nature combined with true enforcement, a mandatory employment verification program, etc..

Unfortunately, the extremists on both sides, but I think really more the open borders advocates who wont fully admit their true anti-U.S.A. views, are stymieing any real progress on this issue and spreading hate/over generalization/propoganda to such an extent that people are getting really upset.

And when people get upset enough, they unfortunately can often become irrational and then start to BECOME truly racist or otherwise bigoted when they were not for the most part before, -and that truly goes both ways on this issue.

I do think most people have at least prejudice in them and that is part of human nature, but under more normal circumstances it is more subdued and people can and most do make the efort not to let it get the better of them. But yes their is always still a lot of bigotry around, but unfortunately this whole situation just makes it far worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 06:55 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,036,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfSoCal View Post
thats quite a chip on your shoulder !!

BTW the cleaners called your hood is ready

Why even hide your hate in the form of a question? just ask are there any mexicans in HR. I am guessing the answer is NO they are more common in Commerce City from what I know. Commerce City will remind you of Oxnard Circa late 1970s
He has good reason to have a BIG chip on his shoulder! Just like the rest of us who have lost are jobs and are neighborhoods do to illegals.
If you know where they are working or who gives them jobs report it.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Get used to it buddy. As more and more illegal immigrants are coming over the borders more generations of Mexicans are coming out. The more educated generations which means that we are moving up to the Middle class and beyond. I know your frustration but its just the way it is now. Say you were the contractor, would you pay a legal worker who doesn't work as fast as those immigrants $65k/yr? or Pay Jose $40,000/yr who does the work in half the time?

White people can try to run away, sooner or later we will all be living in VERY diverse areas. Does the American dream not exist in your mind?
You are correct:

As long as we are a nation of cowards; we will have to 'get used to it'.

Note that this country is slow to anger-------------once we get pissed off; look out!

Can some say the possible demise of Mexico in its present form if the illegal immigration is not stopped and reversed?

I say 'Mexico' due to it both being the source of most illegals------Mexican national and otherwise.

Copy and apply Mexico's laws against illegal immigration in their country.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You are correct:

As long as we are a nation of cowards; we will have to 'get used to it'.

Note that this country is slow to anger-------------once we get pissed off; look out!

Can some say the possible demise of Mexico in its present form if the illegal immigration is not stopped and reversed?

I say 'Mexico' due to it both being the source of most illegals------Mexican national and otherwise.

Copy and apply Mexico's laws against illegal immigration in their country.
I don't think most of us are a nation of cowards at least I hope not. Most of us are more than ready to do what needs to be done. And the only reason it is not done is the government protecting them. And I don't think its worth going to jail because of them.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:23 PM

1,169 posts, read 3,302,107 times
You know, maybe since I grew up in a rural area of Oregon I saw different things, but I really don't get the people saying Americans won't do some of these jobs. When I was in high school me and my friends all picked berries all summer to make money. I worked on a farm planting, hoeing, and picking crops when I was in my late teens until I found a much better job. It offends me when people say no one will do these jobs. Of course they will. But they might have to pay just a little more. Oh, no!!! The government is allowing this, and so are the people who hire them at cheaper wages. I have to say now that if I had a teenage girl I wouldn't drop her and her friends off at the berry field like we all used to do. Too dangerous now.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
My opinion is simple. Deport all illegal aliens. Thats the penalty for breaking our laws.
Those found guilty of identity theft. Deport them after confiscating all their assets which they aquired through fraud.
Those guilty of violent crimes. Jail them,inplant a tracking device then deport them.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,118 times
Default Roofer, come to Tulsa, Oklahoma

We had plenty of work all year, even with illegals working. 30,000 illegals have left Tulsa in the past 90 days due to our new deportation law. We are going to be crying for roofers, if not already. Life is cheap in the flat land.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM

402 posts, read 938,169 times
Quote:
ProLogic says:
Say you were the contractor, would you pay a legal worker who doesn't work as fast as those immigrants $65k/yr? or Pay Jose $40,000/yr who does the work in half the time?

White people can try to run away, sooner or later we will all be living in VERY diverse areas. Does the American dream not exist in your mind?
I most deffinitly would, legal workers make sure the job is done right. The reason there are so many shoddy homes being built today is because those illegals do the work faster Not better.

Of course I believe in the American Dream. I believe that the good things of America first belong to American Citizens. It's our country.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowersltd View Post
We had plenty of work all year, even with illegals working. 30,000 illegals have left Tulsa in the past 90 days due to our new deportation law. We are going to be crying for roofers, if not already. Life is cheap in the flat land.
They are illegals. no one knows how many. So how do we know 30,000 left Tulsa? Don't get me wrong now, I hope they did I hope each and every one get out of the U.S.
Maybe if Americans start work doing what the illegels do we can get a better job done. The American worker has more of a reason to care about the work he or she does. What does a illegal care? They are here today gone tomorrow.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:51 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
How can you even get a job in construction if you don't speak Spanish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or