Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:19 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times

Advertisements

What Democrats couldn’t do through legislation (even though they controlled both houses of Congress) is occurring through executive order and department regulation.

What will prevent illegal aliens from voting now?

This week, California officials announced that they will begin issuing driver’s licenses to those illegal aliens receiving legal status under President Obama’s ‘deferred action.’

Since 1993, it has been illegal for anyone other than “a citizen or legal resident of the United States under federal law,” to obtain a California driver’s license. That measure was signed into law by Republican Gov. Pete Wilson.

However, as a result of Obama’s executive order amnesty, hundreds of thousands, possibly even millions of illegal aliens will suddenly become ‘legal’ residents. Therefore, Democrat Gov. Jerry Brown felt the need to grant them licenses.

One word – CHANGE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Not surprised. And not temporary visitor ones either which other states are issuing.

This "2 year temporary " just doesn't seem temporary at all.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:40 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,400 times
Next they will be at the polls voting

Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Next they will be at the polls voting
And not even voter ID laws can stop them because they have "valid IDs".

Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
This is interesting to me, because the last time I went to get a drivers license, I need a birth certificate, a marriage certificate, and two forms of ID. Because they wanted to make sure only "eligible" folks got a Drivers License. Interesting.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,376 times
Good old California... again. I highly doubt the DL will be for a two-year period. Hopefully, the DMV will require insurance proof, as it does for legal citizens.

Maybe falling into the ocean isn't such a bad fate after all!

Old 08-27-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This is interesting to me, because the last time I went to get a drivers license, I need a birth certificate, a marriage certificate, and two forms of ID. Because they wanted to make sure only "eligible" folks got a Drivers License. Interesting.
There is a temporary license that states can issue to immigrants that are here legally.
Many states have them. The Texas temporary license is vertical rather than horizontal and has "temporary visitor" stamped on it and is only valid for the length of their permitted stay.

I'm sure CA has them as well but it seems they are going to use this deferred action process to let them get regular DLs just like citizens. Then again this is CA, a sanctuary state.

CA does offer limited term DLs to authorized immigrants after these immigrants get SS numbers.
So these deferred people will also be applying for SS numbers.

Limited Term for Legal Presence Driver License and Identification Card Applications

Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Homeland Security changed the rules for drivers licenses. But many states opposed their tough regulations. And since we don't have a national identification card, drivers licenses were supposed to suffice.

I wonder how long it will take now for citizens to have mandatory federal id....ten years?

Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,147 times
With all the money they used to pay for these licenses, they could of bought a giant extinguisher to fight their wildfires.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Good old California... again. I highly doubt the DL will be for a two-year period. Hopefully, the DMV will require insurance proof, as it does for legal citizens.

Maybe falling into the ocean isn't such a bad fate after all!
i see you live in california, and you have my sympathy.

it is a disgrace what they are doing to actual citizens who made california the strong state that it used to be, and i can only hope that the good citizens move and leave california to its now predetermined fate. there is no respect for the citizens of california anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration