Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
NumbersUSA was born out of the close friendship of its current executive director, Roy Beck, and Tanton. Their relationship goes back at least 20 years, when Tanton hired Beck as a consultant. Beck also worked for years as Washington editor of Tanton’s white nationalist, brazenly anti-immigrant, and pro-eugenics journal, The Social Contract.

Roy Beck (top) spoke at the 1997 Council of Conservative Citizens gathering, a group that calls African Americans & Blacks “a retrograde species of humanity”
ICE Union’s Lawsuit Funded & Filed by Individuals with Documented Connections to White Nationalism | IMAGINE 2050
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Even if that were true these ICE agents aren't suing based on so-called ties to white nationalism. They have a legitimate reason to sue. It has nothing to do with race. Your link is just another leftist site. They use the term anti-immigrant in the article. The lawsuit has nothing to do with immigrants.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:44 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Even if that were true these ICE agents aren't suing based on so-called ties to white nationalism. They have a legitimate reason to sue. It has nothing to do with race. Your link is just another leftist site. They use the term anti-immigrant in the article. The lawsuit has nothing to do with immigrants.
I don't see where an ICE agent filed the lawsuit, but if it was an ICE agent and they are tied to a White Nationalism group that encourages the harming of others then they are subject to disciplinary action by ICE based on the employee rules that say you can't be a member of any group that encourages violence against others.

Now, I know that White Nationalism doesn't always mean harming those who are not white, but many of the White Nationalism groups do have talk amongst themselves and ideologies that could be seen as promoting the desire to eliminate other races.

I know what you are saying, but what I am saying is that their involvement in those groups may have been grounds to terminate them before anything happened.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
This is nothing but a typical pro-illegal deflection tactic. Rather than focus on the REAL issue, which is ICE agents being forced NOT to uphold the law, the race hustlers attack the lawsuit funding source. But, they know they can't attack this lawsuit as being frivolous, because the facts speak for themselves. So, as usual, they are making this an issue of racism. This is certainly nothing new.

NumbersUSA does NOT promote white nationalism. Don't you think if there were a shred of truth to this accusation, it would be blasted by all of the MSM? After all, they are all covering the lawsuit. Yet, not one has made such a ridiculous claim. Perhaps you'd like to explain why this rag blog has made funding its focus, rather than the lawsuit itself. Imagine 2050? Yes, they imagine this country with open borders and no immigration laws. Give me a break.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Yes it doesn't matter what organization they try to attach it to, its a legitimate reason to sue.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:00 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I don't see where an ICE agent filed the lawsuit, but if it was an ICE agent and they are tied to a White Nationalism group that encourages the harming of others then they are subject to disciplinary action by ICE based on the employee rules that say you can't be a member of any group that encourages violence against others.

Now, I know that White Nationalism doesn't always mean harming those who are not white, but many of the White Nationalism groups do have talk amongst themselves and ideologies that could be seen as promoting the desire to eliminate other races.

I know what you are saying, but what I am saying is that their involvement in those groups may have been grounds to terminate them before anything happened.
The title of the topic is ICE Union's Lawsuit. The linked article is full of nothing but bashiing anti-illegal immigration advocates. Those who object to illegal immigration and are fighting to end it are always smeared by the other side as being white nationalists, racists, etc. It wouldn't matter if it were Mother Theresa filing the lawsuit they would dig up some dirt to focus on her rather than the validity of the lawsuit instead.

Just like sb1070 instead of looking at the valid reasons it was written and what is in the wording of that law the other side focuses on demonizing the writers of it instead of the law itself because they don't want illegal immigrants caught and deported. Their agenda is clear.

I denouce anyone who is a part of any supremist groups. Whatever policies and rules that ICE has in place in regards to any of their agents being supremists should be followed through on as far as disciplinary actions. However, there obviously isn't any evidence of that in this case just an article written by someone who is obviously biased and is using the ususual smear tactics to further their agenda.

Interesting to note what defines a white nationalist/supremist in the eyes of the those who want illegal immigrants to have all kinds of rights in this country.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:06 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
The title of the topic is ICE Union's Lawsuit. The linked article is full of nothing but bashiing anti-illegal immigration advocates. Those who object to illegal immigration and are fighting to end it are always smeared by the other side as being white nationalists, racists, etc. It wouldn't matter if it were Mother Theresa filing the lawsuit they would dig up some dirt to focus on her rather than the validity of the lawsuit instead.

Just like sb1070 instead of looking at the valid reasons it was written and what is in the wording of that law the other side focuses on demonizing the writers of it instead of the law itself because they don't want illegal immigrants caught and deported. Their agenda is clear.

I denouce anyone who is a part of any supremist groups. Whatever policies and rules that ICE has in place in regards to any of their agents being supremists should be followed through on as far as disciplinary actions. However, there obviously isn't any evidence of that in this case just an article written by someone who is obviously biased and is using the ususual smear tactics to further their agenda.

Interesting to note what defines a white nationalist/supremist in the eyes of the those who want illegal immigrants to have all kinds of rights in this country.
That's it in a nutshell.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:19 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
The funding organization has my few paltry dollars for this......I hope more people will step up. It's about time.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:37 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times
Most anti illegal action have been promoted by groups with strong ties to separation of races and white supremacism. Not really surprised here.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
And the other side is represented by the racist group La Raza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration