U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,939,671 times

Advertisements

Israelís interior minister, Eli Yishai, said that the authorities would begin rounding up Sudanese citizens this fall and would keep them in detention until they could be deported. He has vowed to clear the country of all illegal immigrants within three years.

Israel is kicking out its illegals, many citizens of European countries are trying to stop LEGAL immigration. What is wrong with us?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/wo...nt&tntemail1=y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Israelís interior minister, Eli Yishai, said that the authorities would begin rounding up Sudanese citizens this fall and would keep them in detention until they could be deported. He has vowed to clear the country of all illegal immigrants within three years.

Israel is kicking out its illegals, many citizens of European countries are trying to stop LEGAL immigration. What is wrong with us?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/wo...nt&tntemail1=y

It's not we the people, the majority of Americans are against illegal immigration. It's the greedy politicians and their corporate masters who own this country.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:45 PM

20,894 posts, read 22,678,977 times
Didn't you hear. The UN stuck its nose into this and tried to talk Israel into allowing them all in. Israels response was basically they are on the other side of the fence in EGYPT, why don't you give them a call? Israel met the UNs request part way. They let in two woman and a child.

Quote:
Under pressure from the UN and human rights groups, Israel agreed Thursday to allow into the country three Eritrean refugees

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/middleeast/la-fg-israel-eritrean-refugees-20120907,0,7577716.story

Old 09-07-2012, 04:03 PM

Why is it if Israel is connected to a situation they are refugees yet when 61 people die 30 feet off the coast of Turkey they are called illegals?

Quote:
The boat was carrying Palestinians and Syrians who were described by officials as "illegal migrants"...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/06/world/meast/turkey-boat-sinks/index.html

Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Why is it if Israel is connected to a situation they are refugees yet when 61 people die 30 feet off the coast of Turkey they are called illegals?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/06/world/meast/turkey-boat-sinks/index.html
It's probably similar to the U.S. returning Haitians to Haiti without any opposition. After all, we do have immigration laws. But, when Mexicans are deported, it's considered inhumane. It's a glaring double standard.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,024,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
It's not we the people, the majority of Americans are against illegal immigration. It's the greedy politicians and their corporate masters who own this country.
Is there a source for that stat? I'd like to not have to worry so much over it. And by source, I mean not propaganda like Worldnetdaily or Huff Post...

Old 09-08-2012, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1
... It's the greedy politicians and their corporate masters who own this country.
Quote:
Is there a source for that stat? I'd like to not have to worry so much over it. And by source, I mean not propaganda like Worldnetdaily or Huff Post...
Just look up E-Verify to start with. Its voluntary. Then look up the fines for using illegals. They are less than the tax losses and they are charged by the incident and not cumalative for each person found. Justl ook for the government agencies sites in charge of it. You'll see.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:29 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,455,105 times
Meanwhile, what is the Mexican policy on treating illegal aliens in their country? I think we should follow the same policies with their own people.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:24 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,939,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
Yes, and I watch liberal tv a lot. Those which get live audience responses do not get the response that they would have hoped for concerning illegals. They are taking jobs away from poor folks and artificially lowering the pay for many jobs. The only way they get applause, even at the Dem convention, is to squash any mention of helping illegals alongside favorite liberal issues.

People should notice things like this. The illegal issue is one in which they entire media as well as the political system is in lockstep AGAINST the public good and AGAINST what the public wants.

They serve nothing but to help to lower the standard of living for the country. Why do we need them? I've never heard a rational answer to that question.

I am even doubting the 'Hispanic vote' business, since the Latinos are so varied in culture and when some come here they have no problem at all integrating into American society. I'm not sure that they have much in common with the illegals, nor that they actually vote as a block. That may be media hype, as well.

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-08-2012 at 04:34 AM..

Old 09-08-2012, 06:47 AM

31,498 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes, and I watch liberal tv a lot. Those which get live audience responses do not get the response that they would have hoped for concerning illegals. They are taking jobs away from poor folks and artificially lowering the pay for many jobs. The only way they get applause, even at the Dem convention, is to squash any mention of helping illegals alongside favorite liberal issues.

People should notice things like this. The illegal issue is one in which they entire media as well as the political system is in lockstep AGAINST the public good and AGAINST what the public wants.

They serve nothing but to help to lower the standard of living for the country. Why do we need them? I've never heard a rational answer to that question.

I am even doubting the 'Hispanic vote' business, since the Latinos are so varied in culture and when some come here they have no problem at all integrating into American society. I'm not sure that they have much in common with the illegals, nor that they actually vote as a block. That may be media hype, as well.
The polls prove out that the majority of Hispanic-Americans at least those from Mexican roots are pro-illegal immigrants. It is no coincidence that most illegal immigrants are also from Mexico. There is no hype in that. A good example of that is nearly all Hispanic politicians are of the same mindset and they don't all have Mexican roots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration