U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 04:19 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,423,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Lamar's committee has obtained internal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) documents, which show that "the Obama administration is cooking the books to achieve their so-called ‘record’ deportation numbers for illegal immigrants and that removals are actually significantly down – not up – from 2009." Lamar said in a statement that beginning in 2011, his committee discovered that Obama's appointees at the Department of Homeland Security began to include numbers from the Alien Transfer Exit Program (ATEP) in its year-end removal numbers. The ATEP is a joint effort between ICE and Customs and Border Protection that transfers illegal immigrants apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border to another point along the Southwest border for removal.]"But it is illegitimate to count illegal immigrants apprehended by the Border Patrol along the Southwest border as ICE removals," said the statement. The DHS internal documents also reveal a discrepancy between arrests and actual removals. Specifically, ICE has reported 221,656 arrests yet report 334,249 removals for 2012 so far – a discrepancy of nearly 112,000 removals. ATEP accounts for 72,030 removals within this discrepancy, but there are over 40,000 removals that remain unaccounted for.
Breaking News -- Conservative lawmakers to investigate Obama's abuse of power

Wow . . . .Looks like the gloves are off and the ugly is just getting started. Let the games begin . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 04:23 PM

10,589 posts, read 10,322,804 times
It is not the abuse of power- it is the inability to USE power once you have it. Some people don't even know what real power is and when they get it they don't have a clue on what to do with it...It might not be some sinister "abuse of power" but simple ineptness...I always thought that Obama would have made a great high school gym teacher...or basket ball coach..He does not really have any Presidential attributes that I can see...He is a nice enough guy I suppose...but as they say- He is operating out of his league..You don't elect someone to the most powerful position on the planet earth just because they have a sweet tone and are black.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It is not the abuse of power- it is the inability to USE power once you have it. Some people don't even know what real power is and when they get it they don't have a clue on what to do with it...It might not be some sinister "abuse of power" but simple ineptness...I always thought that Obama would have made a great high school gym teacher...or basket ball coach..He does not really have any Presidential attributes that I can see...He is a nice enough guy I suppose...but as they say- He is operating out of his league..You don't elect someone to the most powerful position on the planet earth just because they have a sweet tone and are black.
Don't let the exterior fool you. He rose from being a "community organizer" to becoming a politician in record time. One speech and he's now the POTUS. Dr. King had a sweet tone and was black, but plenty of white folks despised him, so much so a white man killed him. That being said no other black man in history has had such a meteoric rise that defied racial lines in such a short time span.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:41 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,133,751 times
When the president goes into office, he swears to uphold the laws of the land. I sent an e-mail to President Obama reminding him of his oath and got back a response from him that I had an interesting prospective on the problem. My prospective is that as long as the laws are on the books they need to be enforced. He thinks the laws need to be changed, so he is ignoring the laws. I think that is an impeachable offense. I am glad someone is looking into this abuse of power.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When the president goes into office, he swears to uphold the laws of the land. I sent an e-mail to President Obama reminding him of his oath and got back a response from him that I had an interesting prospective on the problem. My prospective is that as long as the laws are on the books they need to be enforced. He thinks the laws need to be changed, so he is ignoring the laws. I think that is an impeachable offense. I am glad someone is looking into this abuse of power.
If this issue heats up as November draws closer, it will definitely be an interesting train wreck to watch.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:36 PM

2,931 posts, read 3,803,629 times
I wouldn't hold your breath considering it's only news on the tin foil hat outlets. Fox ain't covering it.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath considering it's only news on the tin foil hat outlets. Fox ain't covering it.
I noticed that, but that doesn't mean others aren't aware. Now that the convention/circus is over and the debates are coming up, here's hoping that a lot of the important issues will come up.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:04 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,552,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Fox rarely does any coverage on anything that is a negative when it comes to Obama. When they do, it's a blip on the screen and then the talking heads pick up the sledge hammer and bang away at Romney and you end up asking yourself "wwhere did that come from?", then realize it's the usual Fox BS protecting their "Leader".

I laugh at those twisted promos they do "this is what America is about". My two favorites: when one of them is talking about immigration - translation: illegal immigration, and the other is when one of them is walking between empty shipping containers asking why they are empty. Ummmmm, would that be due to the fact that US cannot compete with China because manufacturing in US is a mere fraction of what it once was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or