U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Following a thorough, individualized case review, USCIS has now begun notifying individuals of the determination on their deferral requests," DHS spokesman Peter Boogaard said in a statement. He said about 72,000 applications have been received since the program's Aug. 15 start.
First group of delayed young deportees approved - Yahoo! News

I know for a fact, a thorough background investigation cannot be done with such lightning speed. Let alone, for people who have used aliases and stolen/fake IDs. Furthermore, how could they even confirm info with their countries of origin so quickly? Of course, it doesn't take long to rubber stamp.

Yet, some of our veterans have waited up to 7 years to receive approval for disability benefits. And, it often takes 6 months to conduct a thorough background check on citizens applying for certain Federal jobs. This stinks to high heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 PM

31,587 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I know for a fact, a thorough background investigation cannot be done with such lightning speed. Let alone, for people who have used aliases and stolen/fake IDs. Furthermore, how could they even confirm info with their countries of origin so quickly? Of course, it doesn't take long to rubber stamp.

Yet, some of our veterans have waited up to 7 years to receive approval for disability benefits. And, it often takes 6 months to conduct a thorough background check on citizens applying for certain Federal jobs. This stinks to high heaven.
Funny how our government could approve any applications in such a short time when it comes to illegal immigrants. My wife's stepdad has been waiting a year to get VA benefits for her mother. The excuse is that they are backlogged and still processing his papers/claim.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Funny how our government could approve any applications in such a short time when it comes to illegal immigrants. My wife's stepdad has been waiting a year to get VA benefits for her mother. The excuse is that they are backlogged and still processing his papers/claim.
I don't get it at all.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I shouldn't be surprised, because I knew from the beginning this would be a rubber stamp deal. They haven't even hired additional staff. In fact, just a week ago, Napolitano announced they were still "developing their plan" to hire employees to handle DACA, who would then be trained. Total BS.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
USCIS is still in the process of developing plans to hire and train additional employees to handle the increased workload from DACA applicants, Mayorkas confirmed.
Homeland Security Today: USCIS to Grow Staff to Handle Deferred Action Cases for Illegal Aliens

Talk about a quick recruitment, hiring, and training process. And, they even did it without job announcements.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Quote:

I know for a fact that to sponsor a loved one legally depending on the VISA takes anywhere from 6 months to 5 years. What happened to illegals will have to follow the same path as legals? What happened to no head of line. What happened to they will have to return to nation of origin and apply just like legals do?
Obama the great liar.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I know for a fact that to sponsor a loved one legally depending on the VISA takes anywhere from 6 months to 5 years. What happened to illegals will have to follow the same path as legals? What happened to no head of line. What happened to they will have to return to nation of origin and apply just like legals do?
Obama the great liar.
Without a doubt.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:38 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,554,065 times
Quote:
Homeland Security Today: USCIS to Grow Staff to Handle Deferred Action Cases for Illegal Aliens

Talk about a quick recruitment, hiring, and training process. And, they even did it without job announcements.
What's to announce? Rubber stamp approval for a work visa, then assign them a desk to process work visas. This is Obama's job creation program.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:48 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
There are NO background checks being done on these illegals nor proof required for anything.

I think we all knew that woud be how it was going to be. After all -- illegals don't exactly get dated receipts from their smugglers showing when they were smuggled in -- as usual, it's just all on the honor system -- for those whose very presence in this country is based on lies and fraud.

If an illegal crossed the border yesterday and claims to be under 31, he can fill out this form and be handed a work visa.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,793,608 times
Quote:

Thought you said the policy was just for show and that Obama didn't really intend to go through with it. What changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or