Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:50 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times

Advertisements

If more city's did this illegals would self deport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 12:32 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Heh, I wish; Farmer's Branch is brimming with illegals. So are adjacent areas. :-(

Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 AM

98 posts, read 95,374 times
Yeah I kinda wish more city's would so stuff like this. But it just gives the pro illegals more ammo. They'll go out on lim and say "it's just like Jim Crow Laws". Then one someone calls them out on how disrespectful and dumb they sound well they just ignore them. I guess some people just don't understand or even really care about this countries history.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Its a good law but ACLU will pitch a fit

Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 AM

753 posts, read 1,481,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Heh, I wish; Farmer's Branch is brimming with illegals. So are adjacent areas. :-(
And it's a shame. The older, nicer areas near the golf course are just gorgeous. I'd love to move there but won't for the very reason you state.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet~d View Post
Yeah I kinda wish more city's would so stuff like this. But it just gives the pro illegals more ammo. They'll go out on lim and say "it's just like Jim Crow Laws". Then one someone calls them out on how disrespectful and dumb they sound well they just ignore them. I guess some people just don't understand or even really care about this countries history.
Jim Crow laws? Illegal aliens are just that: here illegally. US citizen Blacks back in the day were still US citizens yet the ACLU don't get it.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
This should not be an issue. Federal law already prohibits aiding and abetting illegal aliens, including offering a safe haven for them to remain here. If a place to live is not a safe haven, then please tell me what is. If anything, they should be prosecuting those who willfully rent to illegals.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

..................and our jobs.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This should not be an issue. Federal law already prohibits aiding and abetting illegal aliens, including offering a safe haven for them to remain here. If a place to live is not a safe haven, then please tell me what is. If anything, they should be prosecuting those who willfully rent to illegals.
You read my mind. I was going to say if I ever had to appear incourt over this, my argument would be that it's against the law to aid and/or abet illegal aliens. I would like to hear a judge's response to that.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:53 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,449,141 times
Although Canada does NOT have the large number of illegals that America does, we DO have a Federal law that REQUIRES any employer to SEE and photocopy a job applicant's Immigration documents and their Social Insurance Number card, BEFORE they can be hired.

As well , those same documents are REQUIRED to be produced, before an Immigrant can rent a place to live, open a bank account, get a loan, use ANY social services, including our Universal health care system, get a driver's license, buy a car, or just about anything else.

By having ONE national law , we avoid many of the things that make so many Americans mad.

We also prosecute the few employers that might try to get around the law, and we PUBLICISE it, in the newspapers. Going to prison, for a year, for employing illegal people, is a sure fire way to keep it under control.

The few illegal people that we have here are living in a relative's basement, with no hope of ever having a proper job, or sending their kids to school , in Canada. No school here will enroll a child whose Parents cannot produce their Immigration approval documents, to the school board's satisfaction.

By the way, Canada welcomes LEGAL workers from Mexico, who have applied and been accepted, by our Government, to come to work here, for a period of time. They come here, work hard and save their money, then go home when the working season is over. They do this year after year, and both parties are happy with the situation. We get our field crops harvested, they make good money, and they like our fair and equal work permit system.

Jim B

Toronto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration