U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2012, 04:53 PM
 
3,186 posts, read 5,454,537 times
Reputation: 1818

Advertisements

The big question is Why does the USA refuse to use the working plan that Canada has to deal with the illegal alien problem? IT works.. Our politicians wont even talk about it must less do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This should not be an issue. Federal law already prohibits aiding and abetting illegal aliens, including offering a safe haven for them to remain here. If a place to live is not a safe haven, then please tell me what is. If anything, they should be prosecuting those who willfully rent to illegals.

Gosh as always i agree so much with this post. Your correct, this should in no way be a issue. I think some forget that Federal Law prohibits aiding and abetting illegals.

Including their safe havens.

I agree with you those landlords renting knowingly to illegals, should be prosecuted.

Go to to court, what's the judge going to say.

It is illegal to aid and abet illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2012, 05:14 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Gosh as always i agree so much with this post. Your correct, this should in no way be a issue. I think some forget that Federal Law prohibits aiding and abetting illegals.

Including their safe havens.

I agree with you those landlords renting knowingly to illegals, should be prosecuted.

Go to to court, what's the judge going to say.

It is illegal to aid and abet illegals.
Yet we have dozens of cities across this country that are declared sanctuary cities. Why aren't they being sued for aiding and abetting illegal immigrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yet we have dozens of cities across this country that are declared sanctuary cities. Why aren't they being sued for aiding and abetting illegal immigrants?
Who is declaring them as "sanctuary cities", and why? Check the entry for Santa Fe, New Mexico:

"Santa Fe Mayor David Coss opposes taking drivers licenses away from illegal aliens"

The state of New Mexico issues driver's licenses to those that do not have Social Security numbers. A mayor has no ability to enforce a policy over what the state allows. How is there any rationale of why Santa Fe is on a list of this sort, much less a part of a fantasy world where they can be sued (by whatever group) as "aiding and abetting illegal immigrants".

You've lost your way in these far-out claims...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 PM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Who is declaring them as "sanctuary cities", and why? Check the entry for Santa Fe, New Mexico:

"Santa Fe Mayor David Coss opposes taking drivers licenses away from illegal aliens"

The state of New Mexico issues driver's licenses to those that do not have Social Security numbers. A mayor has no ability to enforce a policy over what the state allows. How is there any rationale of why Santa Fe is on a list of this sort, much less a part of a fantasy world where they can be sued (by whatever group) as "aiding and abetting illegal immigrants".

You've lost your way in these far-out claims...

The cities themselves have declared they are sanctuary cities by their protection of illegal immigrants from detection and our immigration laws. You really need examples even though many of those city's policies have been brought up numerous times? Try L.A., Santa Ana, San Francisco just in the state of Calif. alone. Facts aren't far out claims.

Where did I mention Santa Fe, NM? Obama is quick to sue any state that tries to enforce immigration laws and yet he hasn't sued one city or state for aiding and abetting illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 PM
 
3,186 posts, read 5,454,537 times
Reputation: 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Gosh as always i agree so much with this post. Your correct, this should in no way be a issue. I think some forget that Federal Law prohibits aiding and abetting illegals.

Including their safe havens.

I agree with you those landlords renting knowingly to illegals, should be prosecuted.

Go to to court, what's the judge going to say.

It is illegal to aid and abet illegals.
Since when does a federal law mean a ratts ass when no one will enforce it.These illegals they not afraid of no stinkin federal law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The cities themselves have declared they are sanctuary cities by their protection of illegal immigrants from detection and our immigration laws. You really need examples even though many of those city's policies have been brought up numerous times? Try L.A., Santa Ana, San Francisco just in the state of Calif. alone. Facts aren't far out claims.

Where did I mention Santa Fe, NM? Obama is quick to sue any state that tries to enforce immigration laws and yet he hasn't sued one city or state for aiding and abetting illegal immigrants.
A claim to the list of original Sanctuary Cities, USA. Many of the cities don't have a description of why they are on the list, or it is nonsensical (a political representative that is no longer in the position, or like Santa Fe, illogical). Consider the example, how does a mayor in New Mexico "remove" illegal aliens from being issued driver's licenses for their city?

"Local reader observation" is the most amusing description (El Paso, Texas is not on that list, despite "malamute" having the opinion it is a "sanctuary city", so the determination seems to be somewhat arbitrary), and the notion that such places are going to be successfully "sued" on that basis is pure fantasy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
Reputation: 369
[quote=IBMMuseum;26398252]Who is declaring them as "sanctuary cities", and why? Check the entry for Santa Fe, New Mexico:

"Santa Fe Mayor David Coss opposes taking drivers licenses away from illegal aliens"

The state of New Mexico issues driver's licenses to those that do not have Social Security numbers. A mayor has no ability to enforce a policy over what the state allows. How is there any rationale of why Santa Fe is on a list of this sort, much less a part of a fantasy world where they can be sued (by whatever group) as "aiding and abetting illegal immigrants".

You've lost your way in these far-out claims...[/quote]

True, but if the state doesn't object, cities are free to pursue the policy. They're actually breaking federal law, but again, if the federal government doesn't take action against them, and the state allows it, they do pretty much as they like. It's simply a matter of federal and state governments not enforcing the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2012, 12:22 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
True, but if the state doesn't object, cities are free to pursue the policy. They're actually breaking federal law, but again, if the federal government doesn't take action against them, and the state allows it, they do pretty much as they like. It's simply a matter of federal and state governments not enforcing the law.
I just don't see how a mayor or city council can "take [New Mexico] driver's licenses away from illegal aliens". When such garbage data is thrown in, it distorts the claim. New Mexico isn't "breaking" Federal law to issue driver's licenses without requiring a Social Security number, nor can a New Mexico city government refuse to recognize (or strip away somehow) a portion of those licenses when they are valid.

A claim of being a "sanctuary city" on that sort of basis is ludicrous...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 AM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8356
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
A claim to the list of original Sanctuary Cities, USA. Many of the cities don't have a description of why they are on the list, or it is nonsensical (a political representative that is no longer in the position, or like Santa Fe, illogical). Consider the example, how does a mayor in New Mexico "remove" illegal aliens from being issued driver's licenses for their city?

"Local reader observation" is the most amusing description (El Paso, Texas is not on that list, despite "malamute" having the opinion it is a "sanctuary city", so the determination seems to be somewhat arbitrary), and the notion that such places are going to be successfully "sued" on that basis is pure fantasy...
A city or state being a sanctuary for illegal immigrants isn't just about issuing them driver's licenses. That isn't the only thing that equates to aiding and abettiing. Surely you know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top