Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,526,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Good news for deferred action applicants: If you used a false social security card, you need not reveal the number on your deferred action application forms. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has clarified that when the forms ask for an applicant’s social security number, it refers to social security numbers issued to the applicant. If you used a friend’s number, a made-up number or a stolen number, you should answer N/A for “not applicable” where it asks for the number.
Dreamers need not reveal use of phony social security*number when filing for Obama program - NY Daily News

Well, isn't this special. I suppose the DACA "non-criminal behavior" requirement considers ID theft and fraud examples of good moral character. Next, they'll drop DUIs from the list. I guess they have to kill someone to disqualify. And then, only if caught and convicted.

Can someone please explain how an exhaustive criminal background check can be conducted on ID thieves and frauds without knowing the numbers and aliases used? How on earth can DHS know if any of these applicants are wanted by authorities for stealing from bank accounts, using stolen IDs to get credit cards, purchase cars, or mortgage loans leaving their victims thousands of dollars in debt? They would throw the book at a citizen for doing the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 11:05 AM

62,758 posts, read 28,957,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Dreamers need not reveal use of phony social security*number when filing for Obama program - NY Daily News

Well, isn't this special. I suppose the DACA "non-criminal behavior" requirement considers ID theft and fraud examples of good moral character. Next, they'll drop DUIs from the list. I guess they have to kill someone to disqualify. And then, only if caught and convicted.

Can someone please explain how an exhaustive criminal background check can be conducted on ID thieves and frauds without knowing the numbers and aliases used? How on earth can DHS know if any of these applicants are wanted by authorities for stealing from bank accounts, using stolen IDs to get credit cards, purchase cars, or mortgage loans leaving their victims thousands of dollars in debt? They would throw the book at a citizen for doing the same.
A citizen would never get away with committing a felony and certainly not rewarded for having done so.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A citizen would never get away with committing a felony and certainly not rewarded for having done so.
The more I learn about this travesty, the more disgusted I become. This is beyond criminal. It's treasonous. We have no idea what miscreants are being approved. Obama and Napolitano should both be ashamed of themselves.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:31 AM

98 posts, read 95,148 times
Yeah this is kind of funny I wonder why isn't any one talking about this on the news. Because there would be massive out rage because a lot of people have had their identity stolen. Now identity thieves get work permits and state ID's in some states. It's so stupid it's funny.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,651,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This is discrimination.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:49 AM

This makes my blood boil.

Quote:
I'm an EWI and they didnt ask me for jack sh**.
Quote:
Oh good. I see you're from NY, which isn't too far from me, so hopefully the people here in MA are easy going like your people there.
Quote:
I got a stupid representative that told me to go back to their offices on oct 15th because there was a whole. I told her I couldn't wait and then she told me then come back oct 5th. Nevertheless, Im going this friday and they better give me a ref # or something.
Quote:
The way I view it is once you have your DACA approval and EAD they can't "touch" you for two years. If someone asks for a visa state you don't have one. "I'm looking to apply for a SSN and these are my required documents.
My Social Security experience and question - DREAM Act Portal Forum

When should I quit my job. - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Old 09-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet~d View Post
Yeah this is kind of funny I wonder why isn't any one talking about this on the news. Because there would be massive out rage because a lot of people have had their identity stolen. Now identity thieves get work permits and state ID's in some states. It's so stupid it's funny.
Yep. That's why my status is "Resident of the new Twilight Zone." I can't believe this is real.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:19 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,770,588 times
Quote:

Yeah, and screw the citizen who's ID was stolen. A friend of mine had her ID stolen and it was a long drawn out mess to fix it. And screw the citizen who pays to get notification in the event of possible theft.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,413,264 times
Quote:
Yep. That's why my status is "Resident of the new Twilight Zone." I can't believe this is real.

I sometimes feel now that i live in a fairy-tale. But pich myself and realize all the things that are truly happening and not for the better, are real.

And the way the direction of this Country is going, is quite sad.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,186,497 times
A legal applicant can be denied and very often are denied because of a mispelling in translation of a valid birth certificate. Yet illegals can get a free pass for crimes. If a legal attempted the exact same crime they would be absolutely denied. Obama liar and chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration