U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,113,681 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

How about we review our immigration rules as to why they should not be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2012, 08:39 AM
 
31,884 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Reputation: 8496
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How about we review our immigration rules as to why they should not be here.
Mexico apparently objects to that. Note the usual false accusations of racial profiling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2012, 09:06 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times
Reputation: 22174
Notice how silent the Mexican government is on Fast and Furious -- in spite of thousands of deaths from those USA supplied weapons. They are more intent on continuing their social reform program of getting rid of their most illiterate and impoverished classes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 992,467 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Notice how silent the Mexican government is on Fast and Furious -- in spite of thousands of deaths from those USA supplied weapons. They are more intent on continuing their social reform program of getting rid of their most illiterate and impoverished classes.
Exactly. The only thing Mexico is interested in is dumping as many of their poor, uneducated, indigent people onto this country, and making sure they remain here. Not only do they not have to deal with them, they get millions in remittances every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Exactly. The only thing Mexico is interested in is dumping as many of their poor, uneducated, indigent people onto this country, and making sure they remain here. Not only do they not have to deal with them, they get millions in remittances every year.
Absolutely. In addition, the last time I checked, NAFTA is not intended to provide jobs for illegal alien Mexicans. Nor are there provisions in our labor laws for illegal employment. How pathetic can Mexico be? They should be ashamed to dump their discards on U.S. taxpayers. Instead, they whine whenever a state has the nerve to enforce the law. Have they no pride?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 02:11 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,563,366 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely. In addition, the last time I checked, NAFTA is not intended to provide jobs for illegal alien Mexicans. Nor are there provisions in our labor laws for illegal employment. How pathetic can Mexico be? They should be ashamed to dump their discards on U.S. taxpayers. Instead, they whine whenever a state has the nerve to enforce the law. Have they no pride?
When is the US going to start telling Mexico what they should be doing for their citizens, rather than Mexico dictating what the US should be doing for Mexican citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,038,371 times
Reputation: 27523
Migrant workers have their own status. So now claim the illegals are really "migrants" ?
Good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 08:51 AM
 
31,884 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Reputation: 8496
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Migrant workers have their own status. So now claim the illegals are really "migrants" ?
Good one.
It's the same PC language such as undocumented, etc. It doesn't change the fact that they are here illegally which is what their supporters want to distract from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely. In addition, the last time I checked, NAFTA is not intended to provide jobs for illegal alien Mexicans. Nor are there provisions in our labor laws for illegal employment. How pathetic can Mexico be? They should be ashamed to dump their discards on U.S. taxpayers. Instead, they whine whenever a state has the nerve to enforce the law. Have they no pride?
Of course no one has read the 30,000 plus pages of NAFTA -- it might actually say that because NAFTA was certainly when the huge flood of illegals came running over the border.

President Salinas de Gortari even came out and said during the NAFTA negotiations that Mexico had to get rid of 25,000,000 of it's indigent sustenance farmers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Lower east side of Toronto
10,589 posts, read 10,348,157 times
Reputation: 9272
Just don't understand how America has lost the idea of national sovereignty. There are stories of illegals demanding rights under the American constitution. How can that be? It's like some stranger sneaking into my home and sits them selves down at my kitchen table during a family meeting and demanding familiar rights.

What the hell do Mexican authorities have to do with the authorship of the American future? Why do you even pay attention to people with no power what so ever in your own nation? This is beyond comprehension. A person who is not a member of the national club has no rights within that club. America because is is supposedly a sovereign nation is exclusive...and has the right to exclude non members- If the non-member wants to be included- let them apply formally- You just can burst into my home and demand things you need or want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top