U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-06-2007, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

A tragic story to be sure. One that is happening all to often. No as someone pointed out its not all the fault of illegals. The fact remains that even 1 is too many, and one that wouldnt have happened had immigration been allowed to do their jobs in a rigerous and agressive manner. As it stands they are only allowed to make token jestures.
Our reps in NE. PA are low bowing and sucking up to the illegal lobby's. They are an embarrassment.
Paul Kanjorski?
Carney?
To name two nonperforming wastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2007, 07:29 PM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 705,862 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktaren View Post
sorry i disagree. the farmers have tried to raise their prices to pay real workers, but they have to pay 4 to 5 times more. are you willing to pay $20 for a half gallon of grape juice?

maybe kids there are willing to work for 7 or 8 dollars an hour tying grapes, but not here. more importantly are they willing to do it for $3-4?

you can disagree as you like, i sympathise for the family run farming industry, not only are they outsourced by big industry that own thousands of acres of farmland...owned originally by farmers who went bankrupt themselves.
i have seen alot of suffering of the american people over the years.
but if a farmer resorts to hiring in my opinion , slave labor(3 or 4 dollars an hour) then they are adding to the problem.
i buy a gallon of milk for 4 dollars a gallon, a gallon of gas for whatever the price is...i buy whiskey for 25 dollars a fifth, and cigarettes for 40 dollars a carton,and yes, would be willing to pay more for grape juice too, if the farmer had the b@@@s to stand up for america and hire legal immigrants or citizens only....
you ask if the kids here would be willing to work for 3 or 4 dollars an hour, well, would you? i wouldnt....and neither would i expect my child to...nor would i expect any other immigrant to, whether they were here legally or not....
but in my experience, the illegals are not working for under minimum wage, nor are they living in squaler....scraping pennies to buy milk, because in alot of cases, milk is provided free to them....they do not have to pay medical bills, nor do they have to be deported when they are convicted of a crime.
the immigration law says that in order to come to america, you cannot be a criminal in your own country, and if convicted of a crime after immigrating, you will be deported...funny it isn't honored by some americans who have sadly given up their country to anyone who wants it...would you give your country to iraq or iran?
remember the eleven men who hijacked four planes on september 11th were all here illegally...we have no idea how many more there are...and won't until that day happens again.
just because the illegal immigrant may be willing to work for 3 or 4 dollars an hour, does not make it right.
and the people paying them 3 or 4 dollars an hour, living on the sweat of slaves, will never get my respect or sympathy.
so....sorry....i respectfully disagree with you, and like i said, i hope you never have to go through the pain of what an illegal did to us, nor do i wish you ever have to live with the miscarriage of justice we ended up living with afterward with a government that did not care one cent about it's citizens.
i love america, my family came here in 1639, and i will sing god bless america, even if the courts tell me it's illegal now...if this issue divides a nation...all i can see is that nation will fall....but i know the hearts of most americans are with us, and i see a movement coming on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 PM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 705,862 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A tragic story to be sure. One that is happening all to often. No as someone pointed out its not all the fault of illegals. The fact remains that even 1 is too many, and one that wouldnt have happened had immigration been allowed to do their jobs in a rigerous and agressive manner. As it stands they are only allowed to make token jestures.
Our reps in NE. PA are low bowing and sucking up to the illegal lobby's. They are an embarrassment.
Paul Kanjorski?
Carney?
To name two nonperforming wastes.


in albuerquerqe, mayor martin chavez has with the approval of the city council made our fair city a sanctuary city...they have made it virtually impossible for law enforcement to do the job they were sworn to do, by issuing a written order for them to cease and disist in establishing an persons legal status if pulled over by authorities for a moving violation or crime.
it only applies to people of hispanic race...
new mexico governor bill richardson, though a great foreign ambassador, has also made new mexico a sanctuary state...he is also a presidential candidate who holds dual citizenship with mexico,being raised in mexico for 13 years of his life...http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=27760
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
Reputation: 317
Vivski, sorry about your heartfelt story and it appears your husband is lucky to be here.

There is a good post of statistics here titled "Fun Invader Facts" by member 'Kele'.
Some facts from this:

LESS than 2% of illegals in U.S. are picking crops, but 41% are on welfare.
95% of warrants for murder in L.A. are for illegal aliens; 83% Phoenix; 86% Albuquerque.
75% of people on most wanted list for these three cities are for illegal aliens.
More than 66% of all birth in CA. are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal.
53% of all investigated burglaries reported in CA, NM, NV, AZ, and TX by illegal aliens.
In 2006, illegals sent home $45 Billion back to countries of origin. End Quote.

If illegals are deported, costs of products will go down not up and housing will also drop way down. Big business traitors try to brainwash with fear of price hikes. Less services are needed with less population. A rise in population produces a rise in costs. Many industries have been completely overtaken by illegal aliens and Spanish speaking; farming, gardening, hotel, maids, construction, etc. Businesses are competing with each other in wages paid to illegals and those wages go up sooner or later as an industry is taken over by illegals. Citizens are going from middle class to poor and from poor to the streets, it gets to me as I see more and more perfectly normal citizen families w/ young people and older people on the streets in nice areas, often with homeless signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Reputation: 138
God.. this forum reminds me of SaveOurState. People get hurt by people every day, Illegal or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
Reputation: 6087
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Vivski, sorry about your heartfelt story and it appears your husband is lucky to be here.

There is a good post of statistics here titled "Fun Invader Facts" by member 'Kele'.
Some facts from this:

LESS than 2% of illegals in U.S. are picking crops, but 41% are on welfare.
95% of warrants for murder in L.A. are for illegal aliens; 83% Phoenix; 86% Albuquerque.
75% of people on most wanted list for these three cities are for illegal aliens.
More than 66% of all birth in CA. are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal.
53% of all investigated burglaries reported in CA, NM, NV, AZ, and TX by illegal aliens.
In 2006, illegals sent home $45 Billion back to countries of origin. End Quote.

If illegals are deported, costs of products will go down not up and housing will also drop way down. Big business traitors try to brainwash with fear of price hikes. Less services are needed with less population. A rise in population produces a rise in costs. Many industries have been completely overtaken by illegal aliens and Spanish speaking; farming, gardening, hotel, maids, construction, etc. Businesses are competing with each other in wages paid to illegals and those wages go up sooner or later as an industry is taken over by illegals. Citizens are going from middle class to poor and from poor to the streets, it gets to me as I see more and more perfectly normal citizen families w/ young people and older people on the streets in nice areas, often with homeless signs.
I have a severe distaste for second sourcing, especially if the original source is suspect. Here is something I have found recently which indicates the original sourcing may be inaccurate. If you can refute it, and provide a valid legitimate link to your source, I certainly would welcome it:

News: Study: Immigrant crime rate low - OCRegister.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 705,862 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
God.. this forum reminds me of SaveOurState. People get hurt by people every day, Illegal or not.


true...the world is a vampire...but where do we draw the line?
it's hard enough to take care of the american population, let alone try to keep track of 12+ million illegals...so what? who cares if an illegal hurts you...or someone you love....you don't care about mine...just as the empire falls.
i don't live that way...i love my neighbor, care about his family....and try to do the right thing. the golden rule.....still alive and well in n.m.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 AM
 
537 posts, read 311,881 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
God.. this forum reminds me of SaveOurState. People get hurt by people every day, Illegal or not.
And you sound like a neo-con saying that what he has done wrong is not that important because some Democrat did something wrong long ago. Two wrongs don't make a right no matter how you call people names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I have a severe distaste for second sourcing, especially if the original source is suspect. Here is something I have found recently which indicates the original sourcing may be inaccurate. If you can refute it, and provide a valid legitimate link to your source, I certainly would welcome it:

News: Study: Immigrant crime rate low - OCRegister.com
Thanks for the article, OC Register is a very reputable paper.

"UCI study says immigrants less likely commit crimes than native-born Americans. "

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2007, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,971,445 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
There is a good post of statistics here titled "Fun Invader Facts" by member 'Kele'.
Some facts from this:

LESS than 2% of illegals in U.S. are picking crops, but 41% are on welfare.
95% of warrants for murder in L.A. are for illegal aliens; 83% Phoenix; 86% Albuquerque.
75% of people on most wanted list for these three cities are for illegal aliens.
More than 66% of all birth in CA. are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal.
53% of all investigated burglaries reported in CA, NM, NV, AZ, and TX by illegal aliens.
In 2006, illegals sent home $45 Billion back to countries of origin. End Quote.
I agree that illegals need to be rounded up and deported, but those stats don't pass the sniff test. 95% of warrants for murder? There's no way that's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top