U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:13 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,022,162 times

Advertisements

Here's a major fallacy in the thinking of the illegals' apologists and gloss over any serious problem that doesn't confront you personally types: illegals maintain their mindset that American laws are optional only. Since they feel they "got away with it" coming here, they establish a life of dismissing American laws. The drunk driving and driving without a license (which is to say without knowledge of driving laws and practices in the U.S.) are ingrained in this lifestyle, seemingly like the misogyny and hatred MOD CUT.

People that actually live in areas with a preponderence of illegals invariably suffer personally, like Choctaw, vivski, and myself (my cars have been totalled by illegals driving without licenses here in L.A.) because sooner or later they'll involve you.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-19-2007 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: offensive slang usage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Here's a major fallacy in the thinking of the illegals' apologists and gloss over any serious problem that doesn't confront you personally types: illegals maintain their mindset that American laws are optional only. Since they feel they "got away with it" coming here, they establish a life of dismissing American laws. The drunk driving and driving without a license (which is to say without knowledge of driving laws and practices in the U.S.) are ingrained in this lifestyle, seemingly like the misogyny and hatred of MOD CUT.

People that actually live in areas with a preponderence of illegals invariably suffer personally, like Choctaw, vivski, and myself (my cars have been totalled by illegals driving without licenses here in L.A.) because sooner or later they'll involve you.
That try to beat the system mentality; unfortunately, is a part of Mexican culture-------the authorities are corrupt and their 'foot soldiers' (Federales) are underpaid and the so-called 'judges' do not back them up.

Hence the illegals having their 'do not give a damn' attitude here in the USA.

The one thing they seem to be petrified of is people not hiring them here------despite our Employer Sanctions Act not even in force yet-------the illegals are starting to flee Arizona in droves.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-19-2007 at 09:36 PM..

Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 PM

402 posts, read 938,779 times
Quote:
Many of our immigrants are great
members of society - irregardless of status.
I could not agree more! But you and I do not use the same definition of Immigrant....You consider (apparently) both illegal and legals as Immigrants. I only consider Legals to be Immigrants.....Illegals are, plain and simple, law breakers from the get go....no matter how nice some of them are, they crossed our border without legal papers that would have given them the right to claim Immigrant status. IMO

Quote:
Was it the Hatfields or McCoys that doctors discovered
were predisposed to rage ?

LOL Since it was my mother-in-law who was the Hatfield I couldn't answer that. I did not know any Doctors ever deicided that one way or another. I can tell you that my husband, (vivski's dad), as half Hatfield who is of English decent; has the calmest temperment I have ever seen in any person. My self, and Vivski....that's a whole different story. We both feel things very passionately. LOL

Old 10-20-2007, 08:23 AM

2,541 posts, read 10,196,256 times
I have only been hurt in the bank by illegals.

Because of them, I pay higher taxes here in NJ.

And plus they dont even pay the rent at the place I work at, so I make less money

Old 10-20-2007, 09:37 AM

447 posts, read 706,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I knew they were illegal because they told me they have no papers. They treated me with respect, and even if they didn't I still love every illegal immigrant. By the way, I live in California, Los Angeles County, welcome to our state! We have more illegal immigrants than you can imagine, and like any race or group of people, some are good, some are bad, some are mediocre. They are still God's favorite and mine TOO!

in the bible, as i 've read it, the jewish people are gods favorite people, he is waiting for them to accept jesus as their savior....144000 people are his chosen people.

doesnt mean he doesnt love us all, doesnt mean he loves jewish people more than he loves mexicans or americans or africans ....just means he is waiting for certain people, his people to believe in the written word.

of course some people are bad, and some people are good, and some are mediocre....but this forum is not about who christ or god (his father )loves, it is about illegal immigration as i've said to you before.

i appreciate the sentiment you are trying to teach here and belive me, the golden rule is alive and well in my home, but when 20+ million people invade my homeland, i see it as a silent war(up until recently) that our government must take control of....
there are real victims here that have been killed and maimed by some of these illegals, and imo one is too many.

"live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover up for evil: live as servants of god." 1 peter 2:16

"judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgement" john 7:24

this illegal immigration issue may not have touched you in a bad way yet, and i hope that it never does, but it has touched my family, and i wish it hadnt....
until you have been in my shoes, please do not judge my heart....
i am not racist, nor am i unwilling to help those who ask....but someone who hurts my family, or takes from me what is not theirs is not someone i want in my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or