U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:32 AM

447 posts, read 706,248 times

Advertisements

when i found this forum, i was searching for a forum that discussed the victims of violent crimes committed by illegals and what they could offer me in terms of what i could do in my own situation.
.it wasnt that kind of forum.
but i started reading , and liked what i read, even though alot of people don't say exactly why they are against illegal immigration.
but in this post, i would like to tell you all why i am against illegal immigration.
in 1996 i really didnt give much thought to illegal immigration, until cinco de mayo.
that was the day an illegal touched our lives in the most horrific way.
my husband was coming home from a late night softball game, and less than a mile from our home, an illegal immigrant who had admitted to police that he'd been drinking eight or nine beers before getting behind the wheel of his car, hit my husband on his motorcycle.
my husband flew 26 feet from the point of impact, landing on the hard asphalt, he dislocated his left hip, shattered his left leg in four places, broke his nose, broke his thumb, suffered severe acl damage to both knees, had damage to both elbows, and had severe road rash...thank god he'd chose to wear the helmet, or he would be dead today. my husband still lives with the injuries and their effects today eleven years later.
our experience with officials after the fact was amazing to say the least.
when the man was arrested, the police and the d.a.'s office told me he was illegal...he had no insurance, and no license,but he was driving.
we were told from the beginning that if convicted of the seven charges against him, he'd probably only face deportation.
i wasnt happy with that, but i could live with it...
but after he pled guilty, he was released pending his sentencing hearing...i told officials that they were crazy to release him , because one, they could never prove his identity, and never tried to...secondly, because he had already lied about who he was, gave a false s.s.# and adress information, and name...and thirdly, because he would never show up for sentencing.
they told me we would just have to hope he would...we would have to take his word.
he didnt show up for sentencing.
instead, he went on the run, and disappeared.
eleven years, i kept in touch with the d.a's office, and gave them our address, and phone number, told them if they did ever capture him we wanted to attend his sentencing hearing,and give victim impact statements...a process i took on routinely over the years.
about two months ago, i called the d.a's office to see if the man had been captured and found out that he had indeed been picked up in california and extradicted back to albuquerque for sentencing in 2005.two years ago.
no-one called us, no-one sent notice in the mail that he'd been captured, no-one knocked on our door.
the sentence that the illegal received was three years in jail, two years and a day suspended for time served and good behavior, one year of supervised probation and one year unsupervised probation, and restitution to be paid to my husband that was never paid...the illegal that almost killed my husband was never deported, and about two weeks after finishing his unsupervised probation was arrested again in california on other charges....and not deported again.....
why do i hate illegal immigration?
because some people are dying because of it.
because in order to gradute high school there is a required bi-lingual course that is only spanish and no other language...because americans are forced to spend billions of their hard earned tax dollars on medical expenses, and welfare expenses for these rule breakers...
why do i have contempt for my government for not doing something about this problem? because they are sworn as they take office to protect this country's citizens and it's borders from all threats foreign and domestic, and yet, each one is failing in their duty.
i plan on voting, and hope this may make the officials listen, but i am only one voice, i need help.....
if you have a story to tell about how an illegal immigrant hurt you, or a loved one, god forbid maybe someone you love or know has been killed by an illegal immigrant, then,please tell your story on this forum so that the pro-illegals might think again and join us all in this fight, and please, call your senators and congressmen, write letters, and lastly vote for the change that is needed...force these idiots in power to listen and act, or force them to run for the hills after elections....
one american hurt or killed by an illegal is one too many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 12:29 PM

14,241 posts, read 7,411,145 times
Glad to hear your husband lived. Many friends of mine in the construction business have been hurt financially. The only one that hasn't been hurt financially has hired illegals to work his roofing business. Needless to say I dont talk to him anymore.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:34 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,192,188 times
I think everyone has been affected by illegals in at least an indirect way, especially when it comes to cost of living

They should have to pay back everything they got

Old 10-06-2007, 04:10 PM

402 posts, read 938,447 times
I stand behind my daughter (vivski) and her family 100% and ask everyone to please write and/or call your state reps, Not just once but as often as possible and go to the polls on election day. Help is needed in getting those elected who are truely concerned for the citizens of the USA.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:15 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,921 times
Indicted immigration official took money to free illegal immigrants, US says

Here is some that were hurt.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 PM

491 posts, read 1,291,491 times
Sorry to hear about your bad fortune, but to say that this only happened because of illegal immigrants is insane. i have seen stuff like this happen with american born citizens as well. some people are just crappy, whether they are illegal or legal.

to be honest, here in wny we need illegal immigrants or the fruit and vegetables won't get picked. most farmers here can't afford to pay even minimum wage to keep business going, and even so, most naturally born citizens in this area won't do that type of work anyways. so for many here its either hire illegals for under the minimum wage or close down.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,921 times
In case anyone does not know of this website;

NumbersUSA

Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 PM

609 posts, read 1,874,103 times
I guess this indirectly hurts all taxpayers. I know a couple of illegals with one child in school in San Antonio. They pay no property taxes, earn $90.000 a years, have been here illegally for 5 years, and the clincher is that they have never paid Federal Income Taxes.
That means you and I pay more.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:33 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
In case anyone does not know of this website;

NumbersUSA

Done. My rep is Pete Sessions and he's done a good job so far.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:34 PM

5,092 posts, read 9,604,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktaren View Post

to be honest, here in wny we need illegal immigrants or the fruit and vegetables won't get picked. most farmers here can't afford to pay even minimum wage to keep business going, and even so, most naturally born citizens in this area won't do that type of work anyways. so for many here its either hire illegals for under the minimum wage or close down.
Well, that is not being honest in sort of meaning of the word -- maybe just lacking knowledge of Ag Math if you do not know any better -- but still not honest.

But let's say you do not know any better . . .

So I gather you have no real knowledge of the business math, but yet feel you should lend to this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or