Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:24 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Excellent, excellent plan. Very fair, very easy to implement.
Sounds good to me but it will NEVER happen with the government we have now. To much pandering for votes goes on to EVER take a hardline act on immigration.

There are very easy and quick solutions, our politicians only care about making it LOOK like they are attempting to solve the problem (though I do question if Govt. even sees this as a problem) while at the same time making it look to the other side that they are sympathetic to these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 01:13 PM

157 posts, read 309,844 times
Thumbs up Logic

Two thumbs up for Terry Anderson! He has the Best Plan I have heard. Liquidate those assets. Let them pay for deportation. American tax payers have paid way too much the way it is.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:31 PM

116 posts, read 436,754 times
If there is really 38 million, that is to large of number to do anything about. Lets just raise our hands in retreat and welcome the fine people into our country!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:50 PM

220 posts, read 381,579 times
Veiled Prophet,

Given such malfeasance, our current government can only be deemed positively illegitimate and ripe for replacement.

They have betrayed nearly every patriotic by allowing the immivasion.

ArizonaBear,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That 38 million number sounds way too high..........even 20 million illegal immigrants I doubt.
There was a highly professional study put out by CAPS which put the estimate of our illegal population in the range of 20 to 38 million (not counting the anchors).

So, yes, our Southwest has actually been invaded and colonized without a shot being fired. This is one of the reasons why I am not nearly so optimistic as you are.

bls5555,

Quote:
Sounds good to me but it will NEVER happen with the government we have now. To much pandering for votes goes on to EVER take a hardline act on immigration.
Yes, it will never happen because our government doesn't serve us anymore.

politically_correct,

Quote:
If there is really 38 million, that is to large of number to do anything about. Lets just raise our hands in retreat and welcome the fine people into our country!
Are you hispanic?

Old 03-16-2008, 04:28 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
Veiled Prophet,

Given such malfeasance, our current government can only be deemed positively illegitimate and ripe for replacement.

They have betrayed nearly every patriotic by allowing the immivasion.

ArizonaBear,

There was a highly professional study put out by CAPS which put the estimate of our illegal population in the range of 20 to 38 million (not counting the anchors).

So, yes, our Southwest has actually been invaded and colonized without a shot being fired. This is one of the reasons why I am not nearly so optimistic as you are.

bls5555,

Yes, it will never happen because our government doesn't serve us anymore.

politically_correct,

Are you hispanic?
When will you guys understand that the "anchors" are U.S citizens ? Also, if the southwest has been invaded and colonized, how come our military haven't noticed and are not involved in this so called invasion? How come most americans don't know about this? Just stop with all these conspiracy theories because it just discredits your so called anti-illegal movement.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
When will you guys understand that the "anchors" are U.S citizens ?
That will be changing IMO

Old 03-16-2008, 04:33 PM

blacknight04

Quote:
When will you guys understand that the "anchors" are U.S citizens ?
I know they are "citizens" (such as the term goes), I was obliquely responding to AZBear when he implied that the estimate of 38 million illegals probably included the anchors.

The CAPS study did not count the anchors (because they are "citizens") in order to get to the 20-38 million figure.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:34 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sure it will.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Sure it will.
The movement to make the change has already started

Old 03-16-2008, 04:43 PM

Greatday,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
We've already been invaded...the time to reinterpret the birth right citizenship clause in our 14 amendment is over. It'll never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration