U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 07:29 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Neither the states nor the private sector have any US constitutional authority over immigration and naturalization issues.
Well; apparently it is not stopping places like my state (Arizona) in enacting employer sanctions against the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,097,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well; apparently it is not stopping places like my state (Arizona) in enacting employer sanctions against the illegals.
Nothing like illegals complaining about less fortunate illegals, even if the second illegals are willing to work as hard or harder than the first illegals.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,754,701 times
Quote:
Neither the states nor the private sector have any US constitutional authority over immigration and naturalization issues.
You are right.......State police can NOT patrol the border between countries....they can NOT deport people to another country.

They CAN enforce violations of State Laws regarding the employment of persons that do not have a legal right to be in this country.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Nothing like illegals complaining about less fortunate illegals, even if the second illegals are willing to work as hard or harder than the first illegals.
Let me put it this way: while we as a people are slow to anger; suffice to say once we explode-------I pity anybody to tries to stop us. And you can include Americans who are Hispanic------many of them are uber pissed off.

If it means the occupation and placement of Mexico (the source of most of the illegal immigrants) under martial law to protect the USA.......so be it.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:25 PM

692 posts, read 2,371,967 times
I just read an article that stated that the chasm between
the wealthiest and the rest of us is at an all time high,
with some 20% of wealth in going to just 1%.
If anybody still believes that our government is not in the back pocket
of the elite..... is either stupid or a suck up.
Between the backdoor import of labor, offshoreing of manufacturing
and the politicians bending over for special interest groups...
who can afford to fear terrorist.

The influx of immigrants does make us a better country.
It's the process thats F.U.B.R. How about some accountability.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:42 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
Quote:
If it means the occupation and placement of Mexico (the source of most of the illegal immigrants) under martial law to protect the USA.......so be it.
I would really stop and think about making some of these statements in a posting. While I understand resentment and passionate sentiments, I think it is always wise to be circumspect in postings.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I would really stop and think about making some of these statements in a posting. While I understand resentment and passionate sentiments, I think it is always wise to be circumspect in postings.
I understand your concerns; note that here in Arizona the frustration is rising about the illegal immigrant problem and I hope that Congress does something--------soon.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
You are right.......State police can NOT patrol the border between countries....they can NOT deport people to another country.

They CAN enforce violations of State Laws regarding the employment of persons that do not have a legal right to be in this country.
If states do not have any immigration and customs power via the US Constitution; how then, can they impair in the obligation of contracts entered into by the private sector via their 9A power and right?

Quote:
Article 1 Section 10
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Let me put it this way: while we as a people are slow to anger; suffice to say once we explode-------I pity anybody to tries to stop us. And you can include Americans who are Hispanic------many of them are uber pissed off.

In other words, it is ok to be an illegal and engage in illegalities, if might makes right.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,413 times
So maybe we shut down the DEA and shift the federal resources to ICE, build the fence and unleash the feds on business that hire illegals.

jurisdiction problems solved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or