U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-03-2007, 02:36 AM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,043,547 times
Reputation: 780

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
lawn mowing
gardening
nanny
pick fruit vegies
agriculture
walk beans
landscaping
packing house
roofing
painting
drywaller
framing/carpenter
road construction
wash dishes
cook
haul garbage
shipping/packing
factory/ assembly
laundry
houskeeping
I'm sure I missed some.hmmmmm...this list just keeps getting bigger every year, are you the next American that wont do your job?
I don't think it's Americans not wanting to do these jobs, it's Americans not wanting to do these jobs for the pay an illegal is willing to accept. When you get almost all your expenses (food, medical insurance, etc.) given to you by the government, don't have to pay taxes, and live with 20 other people, it's not a bad wage. Get rid of the illegals, raise the wage to something an American paying for all his/her expenses can live off of, and Americans WILL do those jobs.

Last edited by SimpleMan; 11-03-2007 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: sentence fragment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 AM
 
Location: NM
402 posts, read 938,714 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
I don't think it's Americans not wanting to do these jobs, it's Americans not wanting to do these jobs for the pay an illegal is willing to accept. When you get almost all your expenses (food, medical insurance, etc.) given to you by the government, don't have to pay taxes, and live with 20 other people, it's not a bad wage. Get rid of the illegals, raise the wage to something an American paying for all his/her expenses can live off of, and Americans WILL do those jobs.

SimpleMan, I know a lot of American citizens who would gladly do those jobs for what illegals get paid. Feeding your own family is a matter of pride, even for the homeless in many cases. I know even more teens who would do them, just to have spending money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 10:32 AM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,594 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
SimpleMan, I know a lot of American citizens who would gladly do those jobs for what illegals get paid. Feeding your own family is a matter of pride, even for the homeless in many cases. I know even more teens who would do them, just to have spending money.
Odd, I've been to San Francisco and none of the homeless seem to want to pick fruit. They'd rather be in the street getting drunk and smoking weed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
 
Location: NM
402 posts, read 938,714 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
Odd, I've been to San Francisco and none of the homeless seem to want to pick fruit. They'd rather be in the street getting drunk and smoking weed.

It isn't odd at all that you and I don't know the same "Homeless" people. There are many places where the homeless stay other than San Francisco. This is a very big country Pro. Homeless does not always mean a person is a bum or a drug addict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 11:15 AM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,594 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
It isn't odd at all that you and I don't know the same "Homeless" people. There are many places where the homeless stay other than San Francisco. This is a very big country Pro. Homeless does not always mean a person is a bum or a drug addict.

What ever you say.. I have seen what I have seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,978,500 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
What ever you say.. I have seen what I have seen.
You demand respect, but you're so judgmental about people that you don't even know. Do you see the hypocrisy here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 11:56 AM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,594 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
You demand respect, but you're so judgmental about people that you don't even know. Do you see the hypocrisy here?

Judgemental in your opinion. You think I haven't been taken to Orphanages and homeless centers to make me feel guilty about having what I have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,978,500 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Judgemental in your opinion. You think I haven't been taken to Orphanages and homeless centers to make me feel guilty about having what I have?
Empirically judgmental.

You have a lot to learn, kid. You are breathtakingly arrogant. You'll get your comeuppance once you go to college and realize you aren't as smart as you think you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,161,594 times
Reputation: 138
I never claimed I was superior to anyone. You just ASSUME I do. Also says a lot about you-- arguing with minors. I know I have a lot to learn, One cannot learn life from books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,978,500 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I never claimed I was superior to anyone. You just ASSUME I do. Also says a lot about you-- arguing with minors. I know I have a lot to learn, One cannot learn life from books.
Minors aren't even supposed to be here. You have to be 18 to register.

Come back when you're an adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top