U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2007, 01:05 PM

140 posts, read 80,026 times

Advertisements

What I'd like to know is why the moderator is allowing this dialog. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this thread! One other thing; why argue with children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 01:08 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,168,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Minors aren't even supposed to be here. You have to be 18 to register.

Come back when you're an adult.

Read the TOS next time.

Quote:
The owners of City-data.com forum reserve the right to ban any user from access to this website for any reason.

You must be 16 years of age or older to register.

By registering and posting on City-Data.com's Forums you grant owners of City-data.com forum a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive right to license, use, modify, or publish your posts in any media and manner whatsoever.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:16 PM

140 posts, read 80,026 times
Terms of Service - City-Data Forum
Perhaps you should read the TOS and see if anything applies to your conduct.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,168,663 times
I believe that you should tell everyone that they are off-topic as well. I admit I am.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:01 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,046,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
SimpleMan, I know a lot of American citizens who would gladly do those jobs for what illegals get paid. Feeding your own family is a matter of pride, even for the homeless in many cases. I know even more teens who would do them, just to have spending money.
I'm sure that's true. Either way getting rid of the illegals is the solution, even if Americans want to take these jobs, how will they when they are already taken by the 12 million plus illegals who already have them? And who wants to do it now when I'm sure the illegals discriminate and treat anyone who isn't hispanic badly? And before anyone wants to say that many illegals don't "out" non hispanics and are not in many ways extremely racist, make sure you live in an area where you deal with them everyday and have some real world experience. If you are still in school, or live in a ritzy neighborhood where your only interaction with illegals is your maid or gardener, go out into the real world and then get back to me.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:15 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Empirically judgmental.

You have a lot to learn, kid. You are breathtakingly arrogant. You'll get your comeuppance once you go to college and realize you aren't as smart as you think you are.
My experience with those who have gone to college to gro up is that they do anything but grow up. Real life experience is how one grows up. Not in the sheltered enviroment of a college where you are told what to think, told how to see given events if a passing grade is your goal.
Universities have their purpose and serve it. They are also filled with a great many professors who would never make it outside of the uni enviroment.
To stay on topic this notion that illegals only do jobs americans won't no doubt originated from some place like Berkley.
Americans want to work and for the most part do a good job. We just are not willing to work for the wages illegals do. They have this ability because many don't pay taxes, or you have 10 living in a 1 bedroom apartment.. The university types wouldnt understand this because once they gain tenure their jobs are safe. Besides that in their arrogance they honestly feel that no one can replace them.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
My experience with those who have gone to college to gro up is that they do anything but grow up. Real life experience is how one grows up. Not in the sheltered enviroment of a college where you are told what to think, told how to see given events if a passing grade is your goal.
Universities have their purpose and serve it. They are also filled with a great many professors who would never make it outside of the uni enviroment.
To stay on topic this notion that illegals only do jobs americans won't no doubt originated from some place like Berkley.
Americans want to work and for the most part do a good job. We just are not willing to work for the wages illegals do. They have this ability because many don't pay taxes, or you have 10 living in a 1 bedroom apartment.. The university types wouldnt understand this because once they gain tenure their jobs are safe. Besides that in their arrogance they honestly feel that no one can replace them.
Unfortunately; I pretty much agree with your post.

Sad because 40 years ago; a college degree, even an AA/AS meant something---------today, even a Masters oftentimes ain't enough to do squat with. Can someone say 'point of diminishing returns', rhetorically speaking?

And too; I as an automotive alignment/brake technician makes as much $$$ as a typical 4 year college graduate.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:27 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,991,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

Uh...I didn't say he was going to grow up in college; I said he'd get his comeuppance in college. You grow up AFTER college.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:29 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,991,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unfortunately; I pretty much agree with your post.

Sad because 40 years ago; a college degree, even an AA/AS meant something---------today, even a Masters oftentimes ain't enough to do squat with. Can someone say 'point of diminishing returns', rhetorically speaking?

And too; I as an automotive alignment/brake technician makes as much $$$ as a typical 4 year college graduate.

It's because college curricula have been dumbed down, especially over the last ten years. It's been done to accommodate the growing number of people demanding a college education, and also so kids who aren't used to doing any work at all can pass. Angry parents call up colleges all the time wondering how come their little perfect darling isn't passing Organic Chemistry.

You don't need a degree to do most jobs. I don't use my degree in my job, but I'm glad I went to college.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:40 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Quote:
Uh...I didn't say he was going to grow up in college; I said he'd get his comeuppance in college. You grow up AFTER college.
Fair enough..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or