U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 AM

635 posts, read 1,560,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1669160
lawn mowing
gardening
nanny
pick fruit vegies
agriculture
walk beans
landscaping
packing house
roofing
painting
drywaller
framing/carpenter
road construction
wash dishes
cook
haul garbage
shipping/packing
factory/ assembly
laundry
houskeeping
If illegal immgrants were deported, there would be huge holes in all of these job sectors.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 11:25 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
If illegal immgrants were deported, there would be huge holes in all of these job sectors.
Only because the illegal labor has forced legals out of those trades.
What will change.
The quality of construction will rise. Licenced and insured contractors do better work.
Factory work? Ah my field that I work in. Most factory work in the USA is in fact done by legals. The gaps will fill rapidly.
Lawns? People will either learn to cut their own grass or hire legals and pay a fair wage.
Garbage haulers? Well that is a job I wouldnt want. No comment other than its legals that do mine. LOL

Old 11-08-2007, 11:31 AM

Tinman,

I'm sure your right that some of the job sectors will fill. With that in mind, there's no way the other job sectors will be filled. Who wants to clean hotels and houses, wash dishes, cook food for eight hours in a restraunt hole, frame homes, pull weeds, do factory work, do maintenance, paint houses, when you can have a better paying job that's more relaxing and less stressful. You or anyone else will have a difficult time convincing people to do a hard labor job with less or insubstantial pay. In California, you can't afford to live in a mediocre area with minimum wage pay. The jobs I mentioned above are filled 99% by Latinos, and I'm not exaggerating.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Tinman,

I'm sure your right that some of the job sectors will fill. With that in mind, there's no way the other job sectors will be filled. Who wants to clean hotels and houses, wash dishes, cook food for eight hours in a restraunt hole, frame homes, pull weeds, do factory work, do maintenance, paint houses, when you can have a better paying job that's more relaxing and less stressful. You or anyone else will have a difficult time convincing people to do a hard labor job with less or insubstantial pay. In California, you can't afford to live in a mediocre area with minimum wage pay. The jobs I mentioned above are filled 99% by Latinos, and I'm not exaggerating.
I dont doubt it in the least. However legal immigrants are willing to do these jobs. One fact is for sure that illegals have put the hurt on legal immigrants job opprotunities.
Factory work today is still considered a better job. Well not all factories but many. I work in a paper mill. LOL Next time you buy Bounty paper towels I might have made them. The jobs start out base line and become technical. By the way we dont have a Union and are the highest paid in our area, our benifits are better than most as well. Factories that Hire Illegals claim its due to cost. LOL No its so they dont have to provide a fair wage and benifits. They should be fined into submission.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:43 PM

272 posts, read 715,535 times
Jobs Americans won't do....
I used to remember lots of AMERICAN truck drivers....but they expected decent wages...now Illegals have under-cut those wages and drive the trucks....
I see lots of Americans flipping burgers....waiting tables...hanging drywall.....working on farms.....shipping.....painting......
An infamous dictator once said...'if you tell the lie often enough...people will begin to believe that it is true...'
Liberals lying about illegal immigration will not make it legal....or desirable...good for the economy or the country...

Old 11-08-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Mate View Post
Jobs Americans won't do....
I used to remember lots of AMERICAN truck drivers....but they expected decent wages...now Illegals have under-cut those wages and drive the trucks....
I see lots of Americans flipping burgers....waiting tables...hanging drywall.....working on farms.....shipping.....painting......
An infamous dictator once said...'if you tell the lie often enough...people will begin to believe that it is true...'
Liberals lying about illegal immigration will not make it legal....or desirable...good for the economy or the country...
Well said. Illegals only hurt the wages we all depend on. Why should anyone pay fair wages if laws aren't enforced and employeers can hire illegals for much less. I say this because some states have made it illegal for employers to even ask for proof of status. Then the left will say if employers were not so willing to hire illegals blah blah blah. But never to they include the name of these evil employers....

Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 PM

402 posts, read 938,779 times
Quote:
Jesusislord, You try to make it sound like no one ever did these jobs before the illegals came over here. I guess we were like Samatha and just wiggled our noses to get them done.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1945544
Don't go there dude. There are plenty of liberals against illegal immigration, don't draw a stick in the sand.lol

Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,066,171 times
Quote:
Don't go there dude. There are plenty of liberals against illegal immigration, don't draw a stick in the sand.lol
I have to agree here. From the polls I've seen, most who identify as liberal and/or Democrat oppose illegal immigration.

The emotion I see from pro-illegals reminds me of a communist mindset, not an American liberal mindset.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,232,940 times
Quote:
This has previously been discussed a bit on the board, but it never hurts to restate the point. Illegal alien support or opposition is not a liberal or conservative issue. Conservatives have vulnerability from the benefit to business aspect of the issue while liberals are vulnerable from the social services perspective. Both points of view also oppose illegal alien rights significantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or