U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 05:46 PM

447 posts, read 705,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Well.. We Americans want cheaper things? Cheaper gas? Cheaper everything. This is why lower class jobs like Brick laying have gotten to the hands of immigrants.

bricklaying is a craft, and alot of americans still practice this craft...it is called masonry.....i wouldnt call it a lower class job at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 PM

14,195 posts, read 7,399,448 times
Greed isn't particular to one party. As far as I can tell in D.C. some on both sides of the isle want them here. The majority of the citizens, both left and right want this nonsense stopped.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:08 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
greatbasing, if they close all those places. Why not close all the companies in the service and leisure market while they're at it right?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,706,273 times
True enforcement of immigration laws would be interesting from an historical point of view, but I don't think it would be fun to live through.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:07 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
True enforcement of immigration laws would be interesting from an historical point of view, but I don't think it would be fun to live through.
The time is nigh to to put your hypothesis to the test.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:11 AM

1,900 posts, read 1,706,273 times
Works for me, done eating vegetables?

Old 11-10-2007, 09:13 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,413 times
Americans will gladly work in the fields when wages draw labor to that market. There are alot of unemployed and working poor Americans in this country who will start to take a serious look at migrant agricultural jobs when the price is right. immigrants are taking jobs from our menial work force by working for slave wages and this effecting wages all through the labor pool. This is a market, simple supply and demand dont try to make it something its not. We dont need immigrant workers to feed us poor helpless Americans what we need is a fair labor market and our jobs returned

Old 11-10-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Works for me, done eating vegetables?
Oh I highly doubt that would work for you.The rest of America would be happier than sheet, suddenly a nice market would open up for smaller growers, the ones that arent corporate like and exploit illegal labor(maybe they would go Belly Up) . Oh yeah, that would be just fine, double, triple the prices, big fricken deal, Argue it all you want, your opinion is a small minority.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Americans will gladly work in the fields when wages draw labor to that market. There are alot of unemployed and working poor Americans in this country who will start to take a serious look at migrant agricultural jobs when the price is right. immigrants are taking jobs from our menial work force by working for slave wages and this effecting wages all through the labor pool. This is a market, simple supply and demand dont try to make it something its not. We dont need immigrant workers to feed us poor helpless Americans what we need is a fair labor market and our jobs returned
Right, Some people refuse to see, beins they either hire illegals, are related or just never saw the neg. impact. Or just don't give a crap and maybe even hate America and want to see the downward spiral.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:24 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Serious...
You knowingly worked with Illegals? And you are telling us they were better workers than legal citizens...
Well, I have to say you are part of the illegal problem.
As far as I am concerned you are aiding and abetting a criminal! And no better than they are.
reasoning with shops and government does not work very well does it
i mean even if you get mad and yell a lil.
blood pressure increase does not result in wage increase.
we have to change the way we do business.
we have to start using the "u" word
you know ugly dirty, the one that got us to the good life from 1929
yes
UNIONS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or