U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:41 PM

251 posts, read 1,170,491 times

Advertisements

Yeah but Clinton was responsible for NAFTA and you usually don't see the fallout of some presidential decisions until the next president takes office. Yes...I am not a happy republican either and can only imagine what the next years will be like....immigration I think will be the LEAST of our problems!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 10:45 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,158,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I'm not just a disappointed Republican, I'm mad as hell at this administration. The politicians have turned their backs on the american people.... on a side note... if anything bad happens in the year 2050 someone will blame Clinton for it...LOL
This illegal immigration thing was a problem way before Clinton. This immigration problem was not just created by a Democrat or Republican solely - it was created by BOTH parties and elected congressional officials who were turning a blind eye in exchange for future campaign contributions, all while selling out the citizens of this country.

Just a side note, there are many legal and documented Mexicans, upset about the illegals too, it's not just natural born Americans.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:45 PM

3,886 posts, read 5,995,057 times
The problem is immigration affects everything from education, crime, health care, the environment, etc.

"A nation that does not have control of its borders is no longer a nation".

Ronald Reagan

Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,098,884 times
A short list of "jobs Americans wont do"

I think it is mainly, because many of those jobs don't require a degree in rocket science. They are basically, warm body jobs that can be filled with, practically, day labor market participants.

How many non-English speaking illegals are being hired for English speaking customer service jobs, or multi-million dollar bonus jobs?

Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
This illegal immigration thing was a problem way before Clinton. This immigration problem was not just created by a Democrat or Republican solely - it was created by BOTH parties and elected congressional officials who were turning a blind eye in exchange for future campaign contributions, all while selling out the citizens of this country.

Just a side note, there are many legal and documented Mexicans, upset about the illegals too, it's not just natural born Americans.

Most of the blame can be traced back to 1965 when the quota system was abolished and sad to say Democrats were by and large responsible being as they had total control of the government then.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:54 PM

251 posts, read 1,170,491 times
10 an hour....400 a week before taxes...taxes usually take out about 33% of your check...so that is 268 take home per week...roughly....1072 a month. The only place were you will e making 10 an hour entering the work force is in a major city...most places start you at 7.00-7.50....only cause they have now been forced to. SO...if I am making a grand a month, I can expect my rent to be in the neigborhood of 800...so that leaves 272 and I still haven't paid my electric,gas or any utilities. Not going out to eat and cooking at home...if you are good...you can live on 5.00 a day....so food alone is AT LEAST 150 a month....geez....I don't seem to have enough money to get to work? Not that I could have a car cause how could I pay insurance let alone gas? 10 an hour a GOOD WAGE????? That is not good for young or old legal or illegal!!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:00 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,690,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
A short list of "jobs Americans wont do"

I think it is mainly, because many of those jobs don't require a degree in rocket science. They are basically, warm body jobs that can be filled with, practically, day labor market participants.

How many non-English speaking illegals are being hired for English speaking customer service jobs, or multi-million dollar bonus jobs?
Well i have stayed in upscale hotels (4 seasons, Marriott Desert Ridge) and have asked employees in the halls (yes usually someone in housekeeping) a question and get speak no English response).
To me that is disturbing. And I have to say it *****s me off!
I wouldn't care if they were German, Asian, or whatever Learn English.
Oh but Wait people in Germany do learn English as a second language in Germany.......So when they go into another country they can talk to someone in a mutual language. WOW ! imagine that concept!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well i have stayed in upscale hotels (4 seasons, Marriott Desert Ridge) and have asked employees in the halls (yes usually someone in housekeeping) a question and get speak no English response).
To me that is disturbing. And I have to say it *****s me off!
I wouldn't care if they were German, Asian, or whatever Learn English.
Oh but Wait people in Germany do learn English as a second language in Germany.......So when they go into another country they can talk to someone in a mutual language. WOW ! imagine that concept!

As I've stated before, 55% of the words in English come directly from Latin. Spanish speaking people already have the vocabulary to learn. All they have to do is apply themselves.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,158,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Most of the blame can be traced back to 1965 when the quota system was abolished and sad to say Democrats were by and large responsible being as they had total control of the government then.
Democrats were only in control for 4 more years and uhhh who was in office from 1969-1977?

As I stated before this is not a one party fault situation, this is the whole damn system and all those from the President to Congress (which consisted of Dems and Rep).

Old 10-06-2007, 11:55 PM

18 posts, read 37,950 times
I Work My Butt Off For $7.50 An Hr. I Work In A Nursing Home..and I Have Done Some Pretty Crappy Job's..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or