U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:04 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GClark View Post
BS. A victim of propaganda I see. Who do you think were doing these jobs before the illegals came here and ruined the wage base for everyone here in America that were doing those jobs?
For the record: Saltine is quite anti illegal immigration--------he may have been making a sarcastic point with his post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 06:05 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Not low price produce, produce at all, and meat, who works in the slaughter houses?

No one has shown that illegals have a negative impact on the nation, Obviously with between 6 and 10 million gainfully employed it should be obvious that the impact is pretty darned positive
You are joking, right???? The negative impact has been shown for years. How many American's do you think should be out of work so you can buy cheap lettuce??

Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 PM

709 posts, read 1,541,486 times
Quote:
lawn mowing
gardening
nanny
pick fruit vegies
agriculture
walk beans
landscaping
packing house
roofing
painting
drywaller
framing/carpenter
road construction
wash dishes
cook
haul garbage
shipping/packing
factory/ assembly
laundry
houskeeping
I'm sure I missed some.hmmmmm...this list just keeps getting bigger every year, are you the next American that wont do your job?

Don't forget El Pollo Loco. I never see any Americans working at any of the El Pollo Loco chain restaurants.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:25 AM

235 posts, read 251,014 times
not that americans won't work for these jobs, they will. But its the employers who insist they want to pay very low wages.. and illegals will do that.. they all cram into a home and live like hogs in a pig sty...they don't need higher wages or want them.. they use phony id's to collect many welfare checks a month to support their anchor babies.. the more babies the more money and checks they get.. the taxpayers support these babies through college.The anchor babies support their parents forever.. nice parents? ..

[SIZE=2]$6 billion a year for anchor babies
$6 Billion a Year for Mexican "Anchor Babies? :: Immigration and Border Issues :: Hyscience

Family Security Matters Archive

[/SIZE]

YouTube - From Georgia - Fraudulent ID for illegal aliens - part 1

The Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration: Facts, Figures and Data Show A Disturbing Truth

Old 05-31-2009, 09:05 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Don't forget El Pollo Loco. I never see any Americans working at any of the El Pollo Loco chain restaurants.
I have been seeing ALOT of people that don't and won't speak English working at Fast Food Restaurants.. including McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc.. In N Out seems to be the only chain that hires Americans around here..

Also, at Gas Stations, Chevron and Arco/AM PM tend to be huge employers of rude people that either don't or pretend "not to" speak english to their customers.. Are they illegal? One can only assume since it is obvious that they don't want to assimilate and be Americans..

Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM

2,176 posts, read 862,447 times
A lot more jobs should be on the list. I can get a bachelors degree, but an illegal who just crossed the border last week can get a job over me because he or she speaks spanish?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 PM

688 posts, read 529,968 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
A lot more jobs should be on the list. I can get a bachelors degree, but an illegal who just crossed the border last week can get a job over me because he or she speaks spanish?
What's your degree in? It's hard to get a job right now due to the economy, but if you've gotten a degree and can't get a job because you can't speak Spanish, then you can't get a job because you made a poor choice in regard to your chosen skill (Or, in this case, degree.).

Last edited by Yac; 06-18-2012 at 04:48 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Not sure what that means. I'm sure I'd feel for you if I knew what you meant.

What's your degree in? It's hard to get a job right now due to the economy, but if you've gotten a degree and can't get a job because you can't speak Spanish, then you can't get a job because you made a poor choice in regard to your chosen skill (Or, in this case, degree.).
In many areas of the country, you cannot get a job if you do not speak very fluent Spanish. Where I live for example there are very few jobs for English speakers. Medical assistants, receptionists, store clerks, store managers, auto mechanics, restaurant managers, construction workers and foreman, machinists, nurses, social workers, and many other types of job seekers absolutely will not find a job if they are not fluent in Spanish.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:43 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
African-Americans find language barrier in borderland | www.kfoxtv.com

"They're going from job to job because of the language barrier, or they don’t speak Spanish, and that's one of the main requirements around the local area – you have to be able to speak Spanish, even though they have a degree," said Jon Bessellieu.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That is an accurate list of jobs that legal americans have had stolen from them by illegals willing to work for lowball wages. Not hard to do if you dont have to pay taxes, if 10 of you live in a 1 bedroom apartment, dont have to pay for any insurances.
List of jobs illegals wont do:
1. Apply for immigration legally
2. Apply for a legal social security card
3. Use their real name
4. Obey immigration laws
5. Hold themselves accountable when they are caught
6. Tell their children the truth of why they are being deported
7. Try to affect change in their native country
This list is growing also, Oh wait there isnt enough money in it for them...
Whats the source of all this BS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or