Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

lawn mowing
gardening
nanny
pick fruit vegies
agriculture
walk beans
landscaping
packing house
roofing
painting
drywaller
framing/carpenter
road construction
wash dishes
cook
haul garbage
shipping/packing
factory/ assembly
laundry
houskeeping
I'm sure I missed some.hmmmmm...this list just keeps getting bigger every year, are you the next American that wont do your job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 05:24 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Great list but wait for the but, but, but........

Old 10-06-2007, 05:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
A big problem is years ago the employers paid decent $$$ for framers, etc.

Not anymore hence illegals willing to work for BS wages.

And; part of the problem may be our birthrate is so low that the labor pool has all but dried up---------and, 'society' has a problem with so-called 'educated people working with their hands.

Witness what happened in Argentina 100 years ago; it was 'beneath' the dignity of the White Hispanics to do menial work yet White immigrants from Italy had no 'attitude' doing the above.

Stupid, very stupid.

If a culture (of any race/ethnicity) is not willing to get dirty, literally, we do not deserve to exist.

NOTE: I do work with my hands and get dirty so I can talk.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:27 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
There is no illegal immigrants where I live and magically every job gets done. How does that happen?

Old 10-06-2007, 05:35 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
There is no illegal immigrants where I live and magically every job gets done. How does that happen?
Sounds like where I live. They don't give the jobs to illegals or minorities JUST BECAUSE they have to. People here are 'not wealthy' and need the work--so they just do it. If they hired illegals, the citizens would not have anywhere to work.

That includes tourisms (bellhops, maids), lawn cutters, landscapers and so on. I think the locals would rebel if a bunch of illegals moved in and took their precious $10/hour jobs.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
That is an accurate list of jobs that legal americans have had stolen from them by illegals willing to work for lowball wages. Not hard to do if you dont have to pay taxes, if 10 of you live in a 1 bedroom apartment, dont have to pay for any insurances.
List of jobs illegals wont do:
1. Apply for immigration legally
2. Apply for a legal social security card
3. Use their real name
4. Obey immigration laws
5. Hold themselves accountable when they are caught
6. Tell their children the truth of why they are being deported
7. Try to affect change in their native country
This list is growing also, Oh wait there isnt enough money in it for them...

Old 10-06-2007, 06:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Sounds like where I live. They don't give the jobs to illegals or minorities JUST BECAUSE they have to. People here are 'not wealthy' and need the work--so they just do it. If they hired illegals, the citizens would not have anywhere to work.

That includes tourisms (bellhops, maids), lawn cutters, landscapers and so on. I think the locals would rebel if a bunch of illegals moved in and took their precious $10/hour jobs.
Very true:

Kingman, Az back in 1989 I was shocked to see obviously Anglo/White and Native Americans doing menial work which would normally be done by illegals from SOB, etc.

NOTE: I had just moved from Calif to Az back then.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:03 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times
They can all be done by legal migrants

If we were really desperate we would increase the immigration quotas. Or we would do what we did when we needed people to build the railroads

We use to have people who would scout labor in other countries back then.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 PM

251 posts, read 1,312,257 times
10hr for a maid? Where? MAYBE...and that is a MAYBE in very few major cities in a very few hotels....last I checked you were lucky to get 7.50, in LA...and last I checked was last month. If people would put all this energy into forcing companies to give REAL living wages and quit being so cheap and shopping at Walmart and buy American we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. And god forbid we pay more then 3.00 for strawberries.

You can't live on those wages unless you have 10 people living in one apartment!

And quite frankly....in a shop I worked at, we hired a few illegals....why....cause the legal americans couldn't be bothered to show up on time if they showed up at all. The illegals busted their ass and it was hard to get them to take full breaks even...the legals would disappear and come back 10-15minutes late EVERY time.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:41 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogal View Post
10hr for a maid? Where? MAYBE...and that is a MAYBE in very few major cities in a very few hotels....last I checked you were lucky to get 7.50, in LA...and last I checked was last month. If people would put all this energy into forcing companies to give REAL living wages and quit being so cheap and shopping at Walmart and buy American we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. And god forbid we pay more then 3.00 for strawberries.

You can't live on those wages unless you have 10 people living in one apartment!

And quite frankly....in a shop I worked at, we hired a few illegals....why....cause the legal americans couldn't be bothered to show up on time if they showed up at all. The illegals busted their ass and it was hard to get them to take full breaks even...the legals would disappear and come back 10-15minutes late EVERY time.
Serious...
You knowingly worked with Illegals? And you are telling us they were better workers than legal citizens...
Well, I have to say you are part of the illegal problem.
As far as I am concerned you are aiding and abetting a criminal! And no better than they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration