U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 08:09 PM

457 posts, read 428,682 times

Advertisements

DEPORT THEM ALL! With a lawyer under one arm and a politician under the other! NOW do you care to argue against deportation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 02:50 PM

33,294 posts, read 14,535,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I rarely agree with Romney, but in this case, I agree with everything he said. Since you are applauding him, I can only assume you do as well. At no time did he say he is in favor of amnesty, or rewarding illegals with a path to citizenship. He simply stated he is not in favor of rounding up millions of illegals for deportation. If you understood the deportation process, you would understand his argument. I think some people perceive deportation as being a procedure whereby ICE will enter homes, work places, etc. and start apprehending illegals for immediate removal from the country. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.

Before illegals can be deported, DHS must first determine if they have been previously deported. Why? Because, a prior deportation automatically classifies the case as a federal offense. This requires an investigation by local and federal law enforcement agencies, which, of course, means wasting our scant tax funds. If it is determined an illegal alien has a prior deportation, which is common for millions, our lengthy due process applies.

As a federal offense, each case must be prosecuted in our federal courts, which requires providing a tax-funded public defender if the illegal cannot afford an attorney, which is usual. Unless the illegal pleads guilty and waives a court appearance, the case must be processed by the court and an indictment must be presented to a federal grand jury. To prove probable cause for the charges in the indictment, a federal agent must testify before the grand jury. More tax funds are wasted. If indicted, illegals must be given their day in court, which is another total waste of tax funds. Not to mention, most will require a tax-funded interpreter, and the ensuing deportation will cost additional thousands of tax dollars. This is a simplified version of the process, which is actually far more involved. But, I think you catch my drift. There is also a process for those without a prior deportation, which again involves squandering our valuable tax funds; whereas, it will cost us nothing, if they leave of their own volition.

A better solution is to enforce our laws, which is exactly what Romney stated. He also mentioned E-Verify to ensure only legal workers are employed. Why do you think he said some will choose to return home and apply through legal channels? They would only "choose" that option if they realized they could no longer remain in this country, which is exactly the outcome we need. If we had a president with enough b*lls to enforce our laws, severely punish all who willfully employ illegals, and deny them all tax-funded benefits, most would indeed leave. They stay because they can. This isn't rocket science.

Not supporting mass deportation is not the same as supporting amnesty. Nor does it mean illegals are welcome to remain in this country. I think you need to watch the video again.
I care about as much of what Romney says as I do Hillary.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:51 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Yep, Romney got nowhere as just like Hillary, he forgot who he would be supporting as a POTUS. Romney probably has illegal cleaning and yard help! Most that whine have a "dog in the fight".

Old 01-27-2017, 09:37 PM

772 posts, read 246,264 times
Poor Romney...never got over the fact he lost the presidency.

President Trump wiped the floor with him, had him running back and forth to meet with him at Trump Tower.

Romney reminds me of an ostrich. He needs to find a hole and stick his head in it, perhaps that will put him out of his misery!

Old 01-28-2017, 02:19 AM

2,919 posts, read 770,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
he goes on to say "I'm not going to be rounding up people and deporting them"

Viva Romney!!!

Romney On Self Deportation, The Arizona Law - YouTube
Romney is correct. He won't be rounding people up and deporting him because he isn't POTUS! AHHHHAHHHHAAAAAHAHHHHAAAAAAA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or