U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,277,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Personally I don't care where they're from as long as they're legal, but clearly La Raza doesn't care about anyone who isn't Latino.
I read the article and they make no mention of La Raza or any other pro-illegal organizations, so where is this claim that they are protesting or complaining coming from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Africans Relocate to Alabama to Fill Jobs After Immigration Law - Bloomberg

Note the spin. Where in the law did it specify "Hispanic" illegal aliens? Rather than focusing on the result of this law, which has effectively reduced illegal immigration, they are whining about African refugees (legal) and Puerto Ricans (citizens) filling these positions, as opposed to local residents. Funny, pro-illegals didn't care about local residents not having these jobs when Hispanic illegal aliens were employed. But now, it's an issue. Such hypocrites. No doubt, La Raza, et al. will protest this. After all, the only people deserving of jobs are Hispanic illegal aliens.
You're post is very misleading, the only people who complained about the new situation are business owners who used to make money from the Hispanic community (which left). La Raza and other pro-illegal organizations are not even mentioned so why are they even in the discussion?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:09 PM

7,183 posts, read 7,517,679 times
Quote:
Plants sought refugees because too few local residents were interested or qualified
Problem is some people want it both ways!
People on the Right/left Want enforced immigration,but Don't want to pay the high prices that comes with enforced immigration.
If you're are for our government enforcing immigration laws,then get ready to pay the cost.
You can not a will not have it both ways!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
What is interesting to me is that Americans did not fill up these position despite news that jobs were being taken away from them.

The immigration law created a labor shortage...exactly what people on this board said would not happen.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I read the article and they make no mention of La Raza or any other pro-illegal organizations, so where is this claim that they are protesting or complaining coming from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
You're post is very misleading, the only people who complained about the new situation are business owners who used to make money from the Hispanic community (which left). La Raza and other pro-illegal organizations are not even mentioned so why are they even in the discussion?
Apparently, you didn't comprehend what you read. La Raza and other pro-illegal organizations are indeed illegal alien "advocacy" organizations. In case you don't know, they oppose all efforts that reduce the number of illegal aliens in the workforce, which obviously includes this.

From the article. . .

Quote:
Instead, it caused a labor shortage that resulted in the importation of hundreds of legal African and Haitian refugees, and Puerto Ricans, according to interviews with workers, advocacy organizations and businesses.
You were saying?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What is interesting to me is that Americans did not fill up these position despite news that jobs were being taken away from them.

The immigration law created a labor shortage...exactly what people on this board said would not happen.
The last time I checked, Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens. Are you suggesting they are less "American" than other citizens? If so, I know a few Puerto Ricans who would beg to differ, and would consider your comments an insult.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
The last time I checked, Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens. Are you suggesting they are less "American" than other citizens? If so, I know a few Puerto Ricans who would beg to differ, and would consider your comments an insult.
What about the imported Haitians and refugees? Why did Puerto Ricans have to be shipped in?

Alabama thought their local residents would take the jobs and they didn't.... U WERE WRONG.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Apparently, you didn't comprehend what you read. La Raza and other pro-illegal organizations are indeed illegal alien "advocacy" organizations. In case you don't know, they oppose all efforts that reduce the number of illegal aliens in the workforce, which obviously includes this.

From the article. . .

You were saying?
My apologizes, I seem to have missed that section in my attempt to locate the specific names of those organizations as many here kept naming La Raza.

Anyway, they seem to be expressing an observation which other groups made as well (not only them) as to the fact that locals are not getting hired for those jobs(when they need them). It was a comment they made through interviews they are not actively out there protesting or complaining about it aggressively as they usually do with illegal immigration issues.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Problem is some people want it both ways!
People on the Right/left Want enforced immigration,but Don't want to pay the high prices that comes with enforced immigration.
If you're are for our government enforcing immigration laws,then get ready to pay the cost.
You can not a will not have it both ways!
ALL law enforcement is a cost to taxpayers. Should we stop enforcing all laws, or just immigration?

Perhaps you don't realize the astronomical amounts we spend to support illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children. Those costs far exceed the amounts we would spend to enforce our laws. In fact, if we stopped providing those tax-funded benefits (welfare, food stamps, WIC, subsidized housing, K-12 education, ESL classes, Spanish interpreters, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, ER visits, maternity care, child tax credits) most illegals would leave. We would then save countless billions of tax dollars.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM

I hope Alabama is welcoming those legal African and Haitian refugees, and Puerto Ricans with OPEN ARMS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration