Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 01:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
My apologizes, I seem to have missed that section in my attempt to locate the specific names of those organizations as many here kept naming La Raza.

Anyway, they seem to be expressing an observation which other groups made as well (not only them) as to the fact that locals are not getting hired for those jobs(when they need them). It was a comment they made through interviews they are not actively out there protesting or complaining about it aggressively as they usually do with illegal immigration issues.
No problem, we all overlook info.

I don't believe for one minute locals were not interested. In fact, according to the article, many applied, but were denied jobs because they failed to pass the background check. I find that laughable. How on earth could the locals not pass, yet illegal aliens could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What about the imported Haitians and refugees? [b]Why did Puerto Ricans have to be shipped in?[/B

]Alabama thought their local residents would take the jobs and they didn't.... U WERE WRONG.
Shipped in? Where did it say they were not already living in this country?

Locals applied for the jobs. Did you miss where it said many failed the background check?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:41 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Problem is some people want it both ways!
People on the Right/left Want enforced immigration,but Don't want to pay the high prices that comes with enforced immigration.
If you're are for our government enforcing immigration laws,then get ready to pay the cost.
You can not a will not have it both ways!
Actually, you have it backwards. The cost of not enforcing our immigration laws is what is breaking the bank (our tax coffers) and costing American jobs.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
What is interesting to me is that Americans did not fill up these position despite news that jobs were being taken away from them.

The immigration law created a labor shortage...exactly what people on this board said would not happen.
If we need foreign labor we will increase our visas for them but the employers want illegal immigrants instead because they work for less and increase their profits. There is no real labor shortage that can't be filled by Americans or "legal" immigrants.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,734 times
Quote:
What about the imported Haitians and refugees? Why did Puerto Ricans have to be shipped in?

Alabama thought their local residents would take the jobs and they didn't.... U WERE WRONG.
The article mentioned something about the company spending money to train these imported individuals, which brings to question why didn't they use that money to train local people from Alabama?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Plants sought refugees because too few local residents were interested or qualified, said Frank Singleton, a spokesman for Wayne Farms, based in Oakwood, Georgia
Quote:
“We would prefer they hire native Alabamians,†he said. The reason refugees are being hired is probably because “they’re cheaper,†he said.
Clearly, someone is lying, as usual. One minute, they claim locals weren't interested or qualified. Please, how much does it take to "qualify" for these jobs? The next minute, they admit they would "prefer" to hire locals, but refugees are cheaper.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Clearly, someone is lying, as usual. One minute, they claim locals weren't interested or qualified. Please, how much does it take to "qualify" for these jobs? The next minute, they admit they would "prefer" to hire locals, but refugees are cheaper.
And we arrive at the origin of the problem...US companies want to hire cheaper labor. They are the magnet.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
The article mentioned something about the company spending money to train these imported individuals, which brings to question why didn't they use that money to train local people from Alabama?
I think the answer is in the second quote in post #26. Greed.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
And we arrive at the origin of the problem...US companies want to hire cheaper labor. They are the magnet.
That's it in a nutshell. It is also the reason nothing is being done to stop the flow of illegal workers into this country, and why our laws are not being enforced.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
One of, if not THE major factor for massive illegal immigration is the lack of punitive measures for employing illegal aliens. As long as companies know they can employ illegals and receive nothing but a slap on the wrist, there is no incentive to obey the law. Most illegal employers receive a small fine (if any) which they consider simply another cost of doing business. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually accrue for it. Plus, they won't be charged unless they "knowingly" employ illegals. How many do you think will ever admit to that? And, proving "willful intent" isn't easy, especially given the quality of fake documents illegals buy from professional forgers. That is, if they don't steal a "valid" ID. Consequently, employers are rarely held accountable, unless the government can prove the employer has a history of blatant violations.

Yes, it's as prevalent in red states as in sanctuary states like California, New York, and Illinois. After all, greed and corruption have a stronghold in this country, and both sides of the aisle are equal participants, which is why the status quo prevails. Any attempt to curtail illegal employment, such as proposals for mandatory E-Verify, is fiercely opposed by the well-funded illegal alien peddlers/profiteers . . . SEIU, La Raza, ACLU, LULAC, MALDEF, the list goes on. Even Obama's DACA program excuses illegal employers. The assumption being, their employers didn't know they were illegal aliens.
I've been arguing for years that it's the ONLY factor that matters. But of course, no one ever wants to expound on that. I'm surprised that you did. Most folks don't wanna touch it. That's glaringly obvious....this thread went 3 pages without anyone bringing it up. Go figure. On other threads, folks go so far as to defend the employers.

And like you, i don't buy the "i didn't know" story. They all know, and know damn WELL that they're illegal when they hire them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration