U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,277,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think the answer is in the second quote in post #26. Greed.
Yes, I had just finished reading that post and it's quite sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM

31,542 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Clearly, someone is lying, as usual. One minute, they claim locals weren't interested or qualified. Please, how much does it take to "qualify" for these jobs? The next minute, they admit they would "prefer" to hire locals, but refugees are cheaper.
Busted!

Old 10-03-2012, 02:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've been arguing for years that it's the ONLY factor that matters. But of course, no one ever wants to expound on that. I'm surprised that you did. Most folks don't wanna touch it. That's glaringly obvious....this thread went 3 pages without anyone bringing it up. Go figure. On other threads, folks go so far as to defend the employers.

And like you, i don't buy the "i didn't know" story. They all know, and know damn WELL that they're illegal when they hire them.
If you read my prior posts, you will see that I have never defended the greedy, unscrupulous employers of illegals. NEVER. Unfortunately, they are lining the pockets of too many politicians for anything to be done. It's the same with the so-called "War on Drugs." Both are a joke.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
And we arrive at the origin of the problem...US companies want to hire cheaper labor. They are the magnet.
You'd be surprised how many times I have heard the supporters of illegal immigrants claim that illegal immigrants work harder to justify illegal immigration. They remain in denial that it is all about the employers wanting to increase their profits by hiring cheap, illegal labor. Yes, jobs are one of the magnets that draws them here but then again they know they have no right to work here or even be in this country so does that excuse them? Kinda like the banker leaving the vault door open and someone comes in and steals the money. Isn't the thief as equally guilty as the negligent banker?

Last edited by Oldglory; 10-03-2012 at 03:16 PM..

Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Yes, I had just finished reading that post and it's quite sad.
Yes, it is. Greed will destroy this country. If they aren't outsourcing jobs to China, India, and any other country supplying cheap labor, they're in-sourcing through H1-B Visas, or they're hiring illegal aliens. All are contributing to the decimation of the middle class.

They even hire firms to learn how NOT to hire an American. Watch this. . . .

PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards fo - YouTube

Old 10-03-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is. Greed will destroy this country. If they aren't outsourcing jobs to China, India, and any other country supplying cheap labor, they're in-sourcing through H1-B Visas, or they're hiring illegal aliens. All are contributing to the decimation of the middle class.

They even hire firms to learn how NOT to hire an American. Watch this. . . .

PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards fo - YouTube
It is not only destroying the middle class but our less educated and lower skilled Americans who do manual labor jobs.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is not only destroying the middle class but our less educated and lower skilled Americans who do manual labor jobs.
Yes, by design.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:32 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You'd be surprised how many times I have heard the supporters of illegal immigrants claim that illegal immigrants work harder to justify illegal immigration. They remain in denial that it is all about the employers wanting to increase their profits by hiring cheap, illegal labor. Yes, jobs are one of the magnets that draws them here but then again they know they have no right to work here or even be in this country so does that excuse them? Kinda like the banker leaving the vault door open and someone comes in and steals the money. Isn't the thief as equally guilty as the negligent banker?
I'm sorry, but I'm all for deporting illegals. What I won't do is get angry at them for breaking the law. Trust me, if I have no way to make my life better except to break an immigration law, then that law is getting broken and fast. I NEVER blame a man for doing what he can to improve his lot in life. Blaming the illegals is a lame cop-out. They won't come here if there's no job on the other end waiting for them.

This thing has to be killed from the neck up, and that means cracking down so hard on corporations that get caught hiring illegals that it'll scare other companies sh*tless. That probably means boarding up the doors and sending the employers to jail.

No one wants to do that apparently, and so until they do, its a farce. Hiring more border patrol and deporting a bunch of illegals is nothing but a dog and pony show.

Wake me up when this country is serious about illegal immigration. Until then...Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm all for deporting illegals. What I won't do is get angry at them for breaking the law. Trust me, if I have no way to make my life better except to break an immigration law, then that law is getting broken and fast. I NEVER blame a man for doing what he can to improve his lot in life. Blaming the illegals is a lame cop-out. They won't come here if there's no job on the other end waiting for them.

This thing has to be killed from the neck up, and that means cracking down so hard on corporations that get caught hiring illegals that it'll scare other companies sh*tless. That probably means boarding up the doors and sending the employers to jail.

No one wants to do that apparently, and so until they do, its a farce. Hiring more border patrol and deporting a bunch of illegals is nothing but a dog and pony show.

Wake me up when this country is serious about illegal immigration. Until then...Zzzzzzzzzzzz!
And rational, otherwise I am wholly in support of what you have eloquently stated...

Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And rational, otherwise I am wholly in support of what you have eloquently stated...
What would you consider to be rational?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration