U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2012, 08:19 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

Here we go again.

This politician cares for nothing more than increasing hispanic #'s via illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
I think Luis will have a rude awakening. He's dreaming if he thinks Congress will pass amnesty. Obama damn sure can't issue an EO to make it happen. He may have bypassed Congress for DACA, but that's a limited program, granted solely to secure the Hispanic vote. Also, due to specious propaganda, many citizens support DACA, unlike mass amnesty, which the majority of citizens oppose. If re-elected, Obama said he would "try" again. I think we all know what that means. Plus, I doubt he would want the devastating results of another failed amnesty to be his legacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM
 
31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think Luis will have a rude awakening. He's dreaming if he thinks Congress will pass amnesty. Obama damn sure can't issue an EO to make it happen. He may have bypassed Congress for DACA, but that's a limited program, granted solely to secure the Hispanic vote. Also, due to specious propaganda, many citizens support DACA, unlike mass amnesty, which the majority of citizens oppose. If re-elected, Obama said he would "try" again. I think we all know what that means. Plus, I doubt he would want the devastating results of another failed amnesty to be his legacy.
You're right on all counts. Obama could never pass some sort of amnesty/immigration reform without congress' approval this time around. Why would he care anyway since he is just pandering for the Hispanic vote to get re-elected? Once elected he can make the same old excuses that the Republicans stopped him in congress and can't be re-elected again. Just how naive can these Hispanic politicans and their fellow illegal immigration supporters be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2012, 03:46 AM
 
92 posts, read 73,813 times
Reputation: 62
Hmm well good to see Refugee's are getting jobs some where because lot of them have trouble finding jobs. But 11$ and hour I didn't know a job like paid so much. That's a halfway decent pay especially if someone get's a lot of over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2012, 07:31 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right on all counts. Obama could never pass some sort of amnesty/immigration reform without congress' approval this time around. Why would he care anyway since he is just pandering for the Hispanic vote to get re-elected? Once elected he can make the same old excuses that the Republicans stopped him in congress and can't be re-elected again. Just how naive can these Hispanic politicans and their fellow illegal immigration supporters be?
Obama doesn't have to get re-elected again in his second term. He can basically ruin this country by implementing draconian immigration policies against the American people. We saw what he did his first term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2012, 07:44 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right on all counts. Obama could never pass some sort of amnesty/immigration reform without congress' approval this time around. Why would he care anyway since he is just pandering for the Hispanic vote to get re-elected? Once elected he can make the same old excuses that the Republicans stopped him in congress and can't be re-elected again. Just how naive can these Hispanic politicans and their fellow illegal immigration supporters be?
But he did - by Executive Order - those 2 million work visas amount to an amnesty. Now illegals can compete for the really good jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM
 
31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8353
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But he did - by Executive Order - those 2 million work visas amount to an amnesty. Now illegals can compete for the really good jobs.
Agreed but that is why I said "this time around". Gutierrez is suggesting that a blanket amnesty will be approved under Obama if re-elected. I highly doubt that congress won't put a stop to that one and I don't think he will try to go around congress for it.

As an added thought, why would Obama try to do that anyway? His back door amnesties this year were merely to get back the Hispanic vote and be re-elected. He can't serve another term so why would he pursue a blanket amnesty?

Last edited by Oldglory; 09-27-2012 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: added thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2012, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet~d View Post
Hmm well good to see Refugee's are getting jobs some where because lot of them have trouble finding jobs. But 11$ and hour I didn't know a job like paid so much. That's a halfway decent pay especially if someone get's a lot of over time.
Im curious, who are you calling "Refugee's" ??? You can't possibly be refurring any of the 12 million illegal
scumbags that have invaded our country can you ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2012, 06:28 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Im curious, who are you calling "Refugee's" ??? You can't possibly be refurring any of the 12 million illegal
scumbags that have invaded our country can you ??
It's amazing how illegals and their supporters refuse to accept responsiblity for their criminal actions and refuse to acknowledge what they are. The delusions of grandier are incredible aren't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 06:58 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think Luis will have a rude awakening. He's dreaming if he thinks Congress will pass amnesty. Obama damn sure can't issue an EO to make it happen. He may have bypassed Congress for DACA, but that's a limited program, granted solely to secure the Hispanic vote. Also, due to specious propaganda, many citizens support DACA, unlike mass amnesty, which the majority of citizens oppose. If re-elected, Obama said he would "try" again. I think we all know what that means. Plus, I doubt he would want the devastating results of another failed amnesty to be his legacy.

I suspect Luis knows exactly what he's doing. He knows Obama can't, or won't, pass a general amnesty. He's just trying to ensure all Hispanics vote to keep Democrats in power. One more carrot on the stick to lure voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top