U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:25 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,286,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
You can't even begin to know how wrong you are. The subject was not whether Mexicans can be elected, It is whether or not Those with Dual citizenship can be elected. And the big question is where their loyalty lies. With the USA or with Mexico.
Let me quote what I responded to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
didnt know that about romney, but good to know...two people off my list.
richardson, and romney...i'd rather have shwartzeneger....
If mentioning someone who is of Mexican descent and taking that person off one's list, just because this person obviously (which is found out just then and there and the desiscion is made then and there based on that information) is of Mexican descent, but then saying that another person with a dual citizenship is ok, that is to say that Mexicans should not run for office, but an Austrian can.

A Mexican cannot be on the list.
An Austrian can.

Hm... Am I the only one who believes there is something odd about this?

You say the question is if the loyalty will be with the US or with Mexico. I say that is not correct. The question is if someone with DUAL can be loyal to the US. It says NOTHING about origin of the other part of the dual. The OP brought that up, but the thread's starting-post said nothing about that. The thread is about DUAL and wether duals can be loyal. It doesn't say that the dual must be a Mexican. But, of course, that is what it turned out to be about. Which only proves what I say, like it or not.

I say, why would an Austrian without no origin in the US be any more loyal than someone with a dual from Mexico, who's parents are US citizens? Think about it rationally and actively, instead of just relying on prejudice.
People are individuals, not groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 10:04 AM

402 posts, read 938,291 times
Quote:
It doesn't say that the dual must be a Mexican. But, of course, that is what it turned out to be about. Which only proves what I say, like it or not.
Again I say, You can't even begin to know how wrong you are. You have proved nothing.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Again I say, You can't even begin to know how wrong you are. You have proved nothing.
Have you read my post? If so, please re-read it and try to comprehend what I'm saying. My point is there, and my arguments are clear, you cannot miss them.

In what way am I wrong? You have yet to prove me wrong- you have yet to say anything to disprove me. What is your argument, other than "you are wrong"?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Have you read my post?
? ?

Quote:
you have yet to say anything to disprove me.

Wasn't trying too. LOL Just stating a fact.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 AM

Oh, Sweden,

Since yo u are planing to move to USA this link maay be helpful to you.

Dual Citizenship (broken link)

Old 10-08-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
? ?

Wasn't trying too. LOL Just stating a fact.
A fact is never a fact if it does not rely on evidence of some kind.

I am 18, as you have pointed out, and know this.
I don't even know why I'm trying with you...

Old 10-08-2007, 01:45 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,690,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Totally off topic, not only is she female, she's perty (Check out the Relationships Forum and check out how beautiful.)
So then what are you trying to say?

Old 10-08-2007, 02:48 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,556,906 times
She's trying to learn something and understand your views. Which even I...an American...am having trouble understanding half of what gets said here. I live far to the north of all the illegal immigration conflict. So in coming here to enlighten myself as to what is going on down there...really all I see is a handfull of angry participants that cannot take one minute to properly inform an outsider. Rather than giving any decent info which would I'm sure open peoples eyes to the reality of the problems...it's just angry smart a$$ comebacks that does more to drive others away and ignore those that sound off on issues. Some here seem to enjoy belittling and humiliating others that are asking for an honest explanation. Your doing nothing to help your cause. From where I'm sitting...your doing more harm than good. Which is a real bummer.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:36 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,766,194 times
I believe.....the Constitution says that the President of the United States must be 36 years of age and a natural BORN American........no others need apply.

As to the immigration fiasco....I believe wholeheartedly in legal immigration. Period.

I also believe that gaining entrance to the US is too difficult.

When my g-g-g-grandfathers came here....they debarqued from a sailing ship in Philidelphia and were asked one question. "Do you wish to become a citizen of the United States?" if the answer was no....they were put back on the departing ship. If it was yes....they took the oath of allegiance to the United States.

Granted, in todays world it needs to be more difficult.....but not 15 yrs more difficult.

Last edited by dynimagelv; 10-08-2007 at 03:44 PM..

Old 10-08-2007, 05:06 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,556,906 times
Thank you dynimagelv...a comment worth reading. My g-g-g-grandparents did the same coming from Norway and Sweden, settling in southern Minnesota. Fortunately my father continued on and my family now resides in Alaska. I have to admit I am clueless to the nightmare that is illegal immigration of Mexicans into this country. I for one cannot believe so many get across the border on a daily basis. Just where in the heck are all our border patrol agents when this is taking place? On coffee breaks? If they use certain areas to gain access...why don't these areas get double covered? Maybe they do and they divert to other locations to cross I don't know. I would think even some citizens would set up observation posts and snipe or ambush illegals, but I have yet to hear about it. Seems like this is a time bomb about to explode. Surely somebody is going to start taking matters into their own hands (much like the guy who took that flag) which may or may not get the goverment off it's butt and start doing something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or