U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:11 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,717,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Thank you dynimagelv...a comment worth reading. My g-g-g-grandparents did the same coming from Norway and Sweden, settling in southern Minnesota. Fortunately my father continued on and my family now resides in Alaska. I have to admit I am clueless to the nightmare that is illegal immigration of Mexicans into this country. I for one cannot believe so many get across the border on a daily basis. Just where in the heck are all our border patrol agents when this is taking place? On coffee breaks? If they use certain areas to gain access...why don't these areas get double covered? Maybe they do and they divert to other locations to cross I don't know. I would think even some citizens would set up observation posts and snipe or ambush illegals, but I have yet to hear about it. Seems like this is a time bomb about to explode. Surely somebody is going to start taking matters into their own hands (much like the guy who took that flag) which may or may not get the goverment off it's butt and start doing something.
One of my brother in laws is a border patrol officer. Their hands are tied, they basically are not allowed to do their job. And no there isnt nearly enough of them to cover the miles of borders. They dig tunnels and hide in cars. They shoot at him and he isnt allowed to shoot ,they are told to run basically, if threatened he must stand down basically, pathetic. there are people that stand watch on the border and let the agents know when they are crossing, it is called the Minutemen, but illegal supporters call them racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM

3,887 posts, read 6,011,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
One of my brother in laws is a border patrol officer. Their hands are tied, they basically are not allowed to do their job. And no there isnt nearly enough of them to cover the miles of borders. They dig tunnels and hide in cars. They shoot at him and he isnt allowed to shoot ,they are told to run basically, if threatened he must stand down basically, pathetic. there are people that stand watch on the border and let the agents know when they are crossing, it is called the Minutemen, but illegal supporters call them racist.
Speaking of Border agents, I think its so sad what happened to those two agents who are in prison right now for just doing their job!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:18 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,613,775 times
So basically our own goverment does not allow a border patrol agent to take a defensive position and shoot back? It seems we need to do a lot of house cleaning on our end politically...and try to get some political/government backing in favour of the local residents and agents, so they can defend themselves as well as apprehend those crossing illegally. Where do we start? With the president?

Old 10-08-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
So basically our own goverment does not allow a border patrol agent to take a defensive position and shoot back? It seems we need to do a lot of house cleaning on our end politically...and try to get some political/government backing in favour of the local residents and agents, so they can defend themselves as well as apprehend those crossing illegally. Where do we start? With the president?
Yea agents have a fear of jail, as a recent case would tell. Sad really, and yes we need to elect officials and a President that isnt scared to do what is right for Americans, even if that means pissing off big business.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Yea agents have a fear of jail, as a recent case would tell. Sad really, and yes we need to elect officials and a President that isnt scared to do what is right for Americans, even if that means pissing off big business.
Teddy Roosevelt comes to mind!:-)

Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Teddy Roosevelt comes to mind!:-)
yea to bad the cloning is an issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!He would kick some real butt!!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
yea to bad the cloning is an issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!He would kick some real butt!!
He was a good combo and brains & BALLS!!!:-)

Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Thank you dynimagelv...a comment worth reading. My g-g-g-grandparents did the same coming from Norway and Sweden, settling in southern Minnesota. Fortunately my father continued on and my family now resides in Alaska. I have to admit I am clueless to the nightmare that is illegal immigration of Mexicans into this country. I for one cannot believe so many get across the border on a daily basis. Just where in the heck are all our border patrol agents when this is taking place? On coffee breaks? If they use certain areas to gain access...why don't these areas get double covered? Maybe they do and they divert to other locations to cross I don't know. I would think even some citizens would set up observation posts and snipe or ambush illegals, but I have yet to hear about it. Seems like this is a time bomb about to explode. Surely somebody is going to start taking matters into their own hands (much like the guy who took that flag) which may or may not get the goverment off it's butt and start doing something.
Rance:

Us folks near the Mexican border are worried about what you outlined as well.

It is truly that bad down here; trust me.

As for the Border Patrol; they are flat overwhelmed by the flood of illegals.

Part of the problem is apparently the US authorities have really locked down the Calif and Texas borders with Mexico so the illegals are sneaking across through so very desolate country that claims many victims from SOB.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,613,775 times
I would think the national gaurd would be incorporated into border patrol. But I reckon most of them are over in Iraq. What a frickin mess. Perhaps you can put up signage inviting all illegal Mexicans to camp at Prez Bush's ranch in Texas. Maybe then he'd consider doing something to help. Seems like I heard rumor of a wall being built a while back. Did that ever happen anywhere along the border?

Old 10-08-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I would think the national gaurd would be incorporated into border patrol. But I reckon most of them are over in Iraq. What a frickin mess. Perhaps you can put up signage inviting all illegal Mexicans to camp at Prez Bush's ranch in Texas. Maybe then he'd consider doing something to help. Seems like I heard rumor of a wall being built a while back. Did that ever happen anywhere along the border?

We got quite a few soldiers in South Korea and Germany, sitting on their tusch'es doing nothing! I say let then guard our borders!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or