U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:10 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,715,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Speaking of Border agents, I think its so sad what happened to those two agents who are in prison right now for just doing their job!
yes it is, grassfire.org is fighting this and they are not getting anywhere. So I wonder if a citizen was being shot at and fired back what would happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 09:25 PM

447 posts, read 706,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Which only proves that this thread is not about dual-citizens, it is about you not wanting Mexicans in the office.

Now, who said this forum was not about racisim against Mexicans?

it means that i want someone to pledge alliegance to america...and no other country...if i spoke without thinking about arnold, who may have dual citizenship, then forgive me, all i was saying was at least i know he is against illegal immigration...at least, he came here legally.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
It was not meant as a personal attack, and if it was, I would be more than glad if it was removed by a moderator.

However, I feel it only proves the level of maturity on this forum that I was awared a neg rep for it, since I have been called much worse things and yet NEVER even thought about giving someone a neg rep.
If you feel I in any way attacked someone, report my post - then the neg rep won't be necessary since my post will probably be removed.
If you give me a neg rep, then I have already been punished and report may not be needed.
I have not and will never give out a neg rep. I have been called so many bad things on this forum, that if I had distributed neg reps for all of them, many people here would be on minus.

But I stand by what I said. If someone cannot consider having a person of Mexican descent to run for office, but has no problems with someone from Austria, then it clearly has nothing to do with dual citizenship. It is obviously about origin, which happens to be...Mexico.

And I don't see why dual would in any way make someone less patriotic or fit for a job as a representant for the people. We have that in Sweden, and they don't act any different from what the "all-Swedish" office-holders do. It is about individuals, not an entire group that thinks and acts the same way. Not everyone is ignorant etc.

(Now don't neg rep me for that too, it was not a personal attack or anything of that sort)

it has nothing to do with where the person comes from, in my own defence...i am sorry the statement angered you...before you answer this post know that my best friend is mexican...and she feels the same way i do...
i have alot of mexican friends that were born in america, and in mexico...this is not about raciosm, though you chose to take it that way, and before you attack me, i do love the mexican culture, i live in new mexico, and there are few things i don't love about it...so again, maybe you misunderstood what i meant.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM

402 posts, read 939,365 times
Quote:
A fact is never a fact if it does not rely on evidence of some kind.
I'm just not sure what kind of facts would satisfy you. Facts that you agree with? Would that help? Would you like pictures of scars, pictures of hospital bills, Pictures of written statements from DAs and political figures who have let our victims of illegal aliens down? I may get kicked off here for (what some may think of as an attack on you) but you have me baffeled and I just don't think you understand what is really going on in our country. It is so obvious to me that those of you who do not live with this every day think you have the right to tell the rest of us who do how we should handel the situation....It's kinda like Dr Spock telling parents how to raise children and he never had a child in his life time.

You want facts? Fact is our state of New Mexico has been made a Sanctuary state by our Governor Richardson, A person of Dual Citizenship, Where is his loyalty?, certainly not with the citizen of the US and especially not with the citizens of this state. Fact, our city has also been made a Sanctuary city by our mayor, tying the hands of the officials who could otherwise do something about the problems we face with the illegal aliens. Fact, many of us, (not neccessarily on this board, but legal citizens all over the USA have been both physically and financially hurt by the invasion of these illegal aliens.

You want more facts check out this link http://www.voiac.org./ don't stop with reading the home page, click on the tabs especially the crime tab and read what is going on in the USA because of the illegal alien situation. Then come back and tell me we don't have a right to be angry or to wonder where the loyalty of a politician with dual citizenship lies.

I don't know about vivski but I was not aware of the fact the A.S. held a dual citizenship. I looked it up and you were right , he does, still it is a fact that he can never run for President due to the fact that he was not born in the USA. Knowing my daughter the way I do, I know she was making a joke and that is usually understood when a smilie face is added.

As for her being against Mexicans just because they are Mexican you are totally wrong. The fact is our family has many friends who or American Mexicans and most of them, if not all, are as up in arms about the illegal situation facing our country as we (our family) are. My grand-son-in-law, (from a long line of a Mexican family who has had roots here since before NM was even a state is as angry as anyone on this board is because jobs have been given to illegals over him when he has been in sheet metal business for over 20 years, and they have been given to them because they will work for less, You as in you (singular) wish to think of her as prejudice (racist) because she made a statement you took offense to.

BTW have you read her story ? The story about her husband almost being killed by and illegal drunk who was released to drive again. If anyone has a right to question the loyalty of politicians with dual citizenship, who also make our states Sanctuaries for illegals(and every one who is here illegally is a criminal) Then she and her family and other families who have been hurt by those criminals, have more right than anyone I know.

I was also a victim of an illegal, who ran me off the road causing my vehicel to be totaled when it rolled after going into the sandy shoulder of the roadway. Fortunately I recieved only minor injuries. Had it not happened near a house where people rushed out to help me out of the wreckage, I could have been in a lot of trouble physically. There was no way for me to get out without help. That person too, was released to drive again. Fortunately I had un-insured motorist coverage to take care of the medical expenses and help me replace my vehicle. Not everyone does and none of the illegals who drive have insurance.

If that is not enough to give you a little insight on how and why we feel the way we do then I reckon we will just have to disagree on a lot of things about illegal aliens. They are not immigrants BTW, Immigrants are here legally.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
She's trying to learn something and understand your views. Which even I...an American...am having trouble understanding half of what gets said here. I live far to the north of all the illegal immigration conflict. So in coming here to enlighten myself as to what is going on down there...really all I see is a handfull of angry participants that cannot take one minute to properly inform an outsider. Rather than giving any decent info which would I'm sure open peoples eyes to the reality of the problems...it's just angry smart a$$ comebacks that does more to drive others away and ignore those that sound off on issues. Some here seem to enjoy belittling and humiliating others that are asking for an honest explanation. Your doing nothing to help your cause. From where I'm sitting...your doing more harm than good. Which is a real bummer.
i will enlighten you about the illegal problem in america, as the wife of a victim of a violent crime committed by an illegal...the man who severly injured my husband was from mexico, illegally, he chose to drink and drive and hit my husband who was riding a motorcycle head on, my husband flew 26 feet from point of impact, and still after eleven years faces surgeries from his injuries, the illegal who almost killed my husband went on the run from justice for 9 years, he wasnt deported, but was finally found and sentenced for the crime against my husband...two weeks after he was releaased freom serving his sentence, (a slap on the hand) he was arrested again in california for another crime, and btw, was found 6to have been charged with brandishing a loaded firearm in a barfight before he injured my husband...
so that is the sad truth, glad you haven't been touched by illegal immigration, but brother if things keep going the way they are now, there is no doubt soon you will be......and sweden....i am so far from racist, i wish you wouldnt attack me like you have been doing...whats sad, is, it's people who have no understanding of america are the most critical of her....and my forefathers are the ones who have given you the freedom to attack me like you have....god bless the u.s.a.

"i am not bound to win, but i am bound to be true....i am not bound to succeed, but i am bound to live up to what light i have" abraham lincoln

so how's that for ingorance and immaturity?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 PM

thanks mom...you have seen the pain we have lived through, unfortunately, some have and never will feel that pain...and to tell the truth, i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy....i love ya....it okay, i have big shoulders...

Old 10-08-2007, 10:07 PM

791 posts, read 1,983,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
can an anchorbaby run for president? can someone with dual citizenship run for president? read this article...very scary.
Nothing like a liberal education in public schools to ensure future voters won't have a clue as to political processes and usurpation though legal activities.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,605,707 times
Well from what I could tell Sweden was not attacking anyone. Just trying to stay on topic for the most part, and to get a better understanding of the issues at hand. I did have some slight discussion earlier today with a couple individuals that helped me get a better understanding of just what is taking place down your way. Being up here in Alaska we don't get much of any news pertaining to this subject. I highly appreciate the time and patience you took in explaining things a little. And I am truly sorry for your husband and the pain I'm sure you have endured. So if the NM mayors and govenor are making things worse for the citizens...can they not be impeached or somehow thrown out of office? Can't the citizens of the towns and state come together and run them out of town on a pole so to speak? I would think if things are this bad some concerned citizen would ambush them or something of that nature. Why is nothing being done to remedy the situation. Are the big business' or corporations backing them to a degree thay cannot be ousted from office?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well from what I could tell Sweden was not attacking anyone. Just trying to stay on topic for the most part, and to get a better understanding of the issues at hand. I did have some slight discussion earlier today with a couple individuals that helped me get a better understanding of just what is taking place down your way. Being up here in Alaska we don't get much of any news pertaining to this subject. I highly appreciate the time and patience you took in explaining things a little. And I am truly sorry for your husband and the pain I'm sure you have endured. So if the NM mayors and govenor are making things worse for the citizens...can they not be impeached or somehow thrown out of office? Can't the citizens of the towns and state come together and run them out of town on a pole so to speak? I would think if things are this bad some concerned citizen would ambush them or something of that nature. Why is nothing being done to remedy the situation. Are the big business' or corporations backing them to a degree thay cannot be ousted from office?
a majority of hispanics love richardson and chavez, gov...and mayor of albuquerque...in new mexico, white is a minority.
doesnt matter what country or nationality the white is it is a minority...i am called by the hispanics "whetto"
it means white.
i do not think it is particularily a racist word, just a discription.
i love new mexico and i love america.
i love every person, white brown black purple or green...unless they hurt me, or someone i love.
now as for the ousting, the worst thing that got anyone ready to oust mayor marty, was the fact he'd banned smoking in all city owned places.
i have written him letters about this situation and his answer was not to answer...
instead what he did do was along with the city council, issued a written order for apd to cease and disist in asking anyone of hispanic race for legal status, even if stopped by authorities for a crime.
no-one else, but hispanics are given this get out of trouble free card.
not whites, not blacks, not asians....not germans....etc...
bill richarson has publically admitted that his own mother was an illegal who came to america just to give birth to a child in the u.s, and he himself was raised in mexico until the age of 13, when he came to america and attended a mass. boarding school, he has not truly pledged alliegance to one country, and i doubt that he will.
i do think bill richardson has done some good in new mexico as gov, by signing the order that mediacl marijuana be legal for terminal patients, and he has also made a great difference in the dwi laws.
he is a great foreign ambassador, and i do not question his character, i only question the fact he has not renounced his mexican citizenship....
anyone who holds office in america should only have americas best interset at hand....so am i racist in thinking the way i do?
doesnt matter what color you are, america is red white and blue.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 PM

402 posts, read 939,365 times
Quote:
Being up here in Alaska we don't get much of any news pertaining to this subject.
I hope that you never have to find out first hand how bad things really are. In a way I am surprised, I speak with a lot of people from Canada and understand they too, have thier problems with illegal aliens. Both Mexican and others. I am surprised they have not made their way to Alaska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or