U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Richardson's father was a WASP from New England I believe so Bill would definitely be a US citizen whether his mother was legal or not.

Classic example of the hypo-descent rule in the USA: the 'lower racial/ethnic' status parent determines the child's 'race/ethnicity'. Another example is Barack Obama; despite his mother being White, Mr Obama is considered to be a 'Black' man.

In Mexico; Richardson would be 'White' due to the lighter-skinned parent receiving the nod.

For the record: years ago due to one of my parents being from Eastern Europe------and, my being born with an extremely ethnic name, I was in part not quite 'White' (read that WASP)------never mind that I look like a Viking. Yes, the hypo-descent rule used to apply to us 'Anglos' as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 10:11 PM

402 posts, read 938,055 times
Quote:
Richardson's father was a WASP from New England I believe so Bill would definitely be a US citizen whether his mother was legal or not.
According to Richardson in an interview with Washington Post

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

“William Richardson Jr. worked for Citibank as an executive in Mexico City, where he eventually met and married María Luisa López-Collada Márquez, who was his secretary. Before the births of the couple's children, Bill and Vesta Luisa, María Luisa Richardson was sent to deliver them in Pasadena, where her husband's sister Rosa Natalie lived. As Richardson explained in an article in the Washington Post, "My father had a complex about not having been born in the United States." After the death of Richardson's father in 1972, his mother was remarried, to Mexican nutritionist Salvador Zubiran Anchondo in 1986. …Bill Richardson was raised in Mexico City, but his parents sent him to Massachusetts at age 13 to attend a Boston-area preparatory school.”

Old 10-08-2007, 10:18 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,552,497 times
Well we have some here. Even in the little community I reside in, a couple own and run the one gas station we have. They've been here 2 years I guess and are very nice folks. I admit I have not asked them why they are here or if legally. They seem to fit in well and are very productive to the community. They took a run down log cabin and have spent alot of time and effort to build the business they have. Perhaps Anchorage has more and who knows may even have some illegals. But with the only means of getting here is by boat, plane or driving...I'm sure no illegals have made it via the one road through Canada. It's a 1000 miles of total wild wilderness. And with flying tsa regualtions I'm sure without proper ID they are not using that route. Even using the ferry system would require ID so who knows. Anything is possible I guess so who knows what the future holds. I do work with a few guys that reside in NM and fly up here for 2 week shifts. What's funny is they never talk about the issues you have given. Maybe they are in a different location within your state where the problem may not be as bad? The real bummer is the governor or mayors of your state that are seemingly choosing to side with the illegals. Do you think they are doing this for their own personal gain? Perhaps thinking they will get majority of voting from siding with the illegal immigrants and keeping them in office? Until today I have really paid no attention to any of this. Even tho we are of the same country...things that far south are like the other side of the planet. I appreciate the discussion, the enlightenment, and the professional manner in which you all took the time to respond to my questions. If there is anything I can do as a citizen...either in voting or writing a congressman...whatever...please feel free to call on me for support. Something indeed needs to be done and it needs to start happening soon it seems.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:59 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,684,974 times
Rance, I do think that they are voting in favor of the illegals for personal gain. When as many illegals are here getting assistance and low waging jobs these are things that are not good for the legal citizens in the country. It is a financial burden to every taxpayer.
Also there are many more criminals here than I think the Gov wants to realize are here. We all know that if a criminal can do their criminal activity they will and they will also tell their friends.
What makes it even worse is the disrespect most illegals have for this country. The violent displays of anger and hatred they have for the people in this country. The talk of taking back our land, and the President of Mexico saying that there are no borders Mexico is where every Mexican is.
The Mexican President puts out propaganda booklets outlining how to sneak into this country and what to do when they get here.
This type of behavior does not make the Americans happy to have them here especially when they are making us pay for them. And that is probably the thing that most ticks us off. It hits us in the pocket book. Well, no I should not say that because other forum members have told stories that are very horrible about what illegals have done to them, which does not help their cause for wanting a better life.
If wanting a better life means taking and destroying another's/or others lives I could not do it. That in essence is what they are doing to the people in America and more so in areas of high illegal concentration.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:25 AM

402 posts, read 938,055 times
The big problem is, we are not the only state or city on the Sanctuary list. Do a goole search and I believe that you will even find that some of your own cities in Alaska have adopted the sanctuary policy. Even Washington DC has. I don't know what the answer is, but I do know nothing will be done unless WE the People start filling the mailboxes and phone lines to those who are supposed to represent us. But we can't stop there we have to get out and vote.

Quote:
Do you think they are doing this for their own personal gain? Perhaps thinking they will get majority of voting from siding with the illegal immigrants and keeping them in office?
I don't know why they are doing this, I hear that the Mayor is afraid of lawsuits, I understand there has already been one that the city lost.It is possible they are doing it for votes. Illegals are not supposed to be able to vote but I know that they are doing it in most of the states. It is really getting out of hand.

Quote:
Something indeed needs to be done and it needs to start happening soon it seems.

Yes it does and I wish I had the magic answer.

Did you read the link that I posted earlier? http://www.voiac.org./ It isn't just privet citizens and our children who are being hurt by the illegals. Law enforcement officers are also targets. Click on the crime tab if you decide to check out that link.

I read so many replys saying well you have legal citizens committing all those same crime too. Sure we do, and we certainly don't need the added burden being put on us.

And speaking of burden ,
boortz.com: Nealz Nuze October 02, 2007

10/2/07
COST OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS
LA County has released figures which outline the actual cost of illegal immigrants (broken link). Remember that these figures are just for Los Angeles County and they are just for one month.
In the month of July, illegal immigrants and their families collected over $35 million in welfare and food stamps. $20 million in welfare and $15 million in food stamps.
The estimated annual cost of illegal immigrants in LA County -- $440 million.
But wait, that doesn't include the additional $220 million for public safety and $400 million for healthcare. Where are we at now? The taxpayers of LA County are paying more than $1 billion per year because of illegal aliens.
One more thing ... that figure does not include the soaring cost of government education.
Then again .. remember that Mexican Magazine which ran a story with the headline "Los Angeles is Ours!" Fine ... let Mexico pay the bills.
..... and the invasion rolls on.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:20 AM

12,620 posts, read 17,684,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
The big problem is, we are not the only state or city on the Sanctuary list. Do a goole search and I believe that you will even find that some of your own cities in Alaska have adopted the sanctuary policy. Even Washington DC has. I don't know what the answer is, but I do know nothing will be done unless WE the People start filling the mailboxes and phone lines to those who are supposed to represent us. But we can't stop there we have to get out and vote.

I don't know why they are doing this, I hear that the Mayor is afraid of lawsuits, I understand there has already been one that the city lost.It is possible they are doing it for votes. Illegals are not supposed to be able to vote but I know that they are doing it in most of the states. It is really getting out of hand.

Yes it does and I wish I had the magic answer.

Did you read the link that I posted earlier? http://www.voiac.org./ It isn't just privet citizens and our children who are being hurt by the illegals. Law enforcement officers are also targets. Click on the crime tab if you decide to check out that link.

I read so many replys saying well you have legal citizens committing all those same crime too. Sure we do, and we certainly don't need the added burden being put on us.

And speaking of burden ,
boortz.com: Nealz Nuze October 02, 2007

10/2/07
COST OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS
LA County has released figures which outline the actual cost of illegal immigrants (broken link). Remember that these figures are just for Los Angeles County and they are just for one month.
In the month of July, illegal immigrants and their families collected over $35 million in welfare and food stamps. $20 million in welfare and $15 million in food stamps.
The estimated annual cost of illegal immigrants in LA County -- $440 million.
But wait, that doesn't include the additional $220 million for public safety and $400 million for healthcare. Where are we at now? The taxpayers of LA County are paying more than $1 billion per year because of illegal aliens.
One more thing ... that figure does not include the soaring cost of government education.
Then again .. remember that Mexican Magazine which ran a story with the headline "Los Angeles is Ours!" Fine ... let Mexico pay the bills.
..... and the invasion rolls on.
Thanks for the voiac link. I had never heard of that site.
The money it is costing us is unbelievable. What I don't get is how the Dem Liberals think that is ok when shelling out money for other things is not ok. these people are criminals.

I also read somewhere that the reason they are attacking our children is because it is ok or condoned in Mexico to molest children. Now I have no information but the article I read. I wouldn't doubt it though. Does anyone know of this?

Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 AM

537 posts, read 311,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Classic example of the hypo-descent rule in the USA: the 'lower racial/ethnic' status parent determines the child's 'race/ethnicity'. Another example is Barack Obama; despite his mother being White, Mr Obama is considered to be a 'Black' man.

In Mexico; Richardson would be 'White' due to the lighter-skinned parent receiving the nod.

For the record: years ago due to one of my parents being from Eastern Europe------and, my being born with an extremely ethnic name, I was in part not quite 'White' (read that WASP)------never mind that I look like a Viking. Yes, the hypo-descent rule used to apply to us 'Anglos' as well.

Actually, you are wrong on many levels about Richardson. But just to be succinct, Richardson himself is the one who pushes the Mexican part of his background. It is not the USA at all and it is not some mob rule. It happens to be him and the way he wants to be perceived.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:36 AM

15,596 posts, read 34,552,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
The big problem is, we are not the only state or city on the Sanctuary list. Do a goole search and I believe that you will even find that some of your own cities in Alaska have adopted the sanctuary policy.
Alaska

Anchorage (6/13/07 Congressional Research Service)
Fairbanks (6/13/07 Congressional Research Service)
[Mayor of Fairbanks disputes the listing. However, OJJPAC has verified the listing of Fairbanks, Alaska, as having a sanctuary policy by the Congressional Research Service in an 2005 report. OJJPAC has requested that the city administration forward its policy demonstrating that it is not a sanctuary city--but none has been forwarded as of 8-9-07.]

Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,221 times
Default quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Speaking of Border agents, I think its so sad what happened to those two agents who are in prison right now for just doing their job!
I am wondering why they all didnt strike and quit? I imagine it was threats from OUR government. Funny how much prison time they got in relation to the zero prison time illegals get for being here illegally. Also the SAME illegal suspect was caught bringing more drugs while this case was going on. How evident is it that our government is corupt?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:59 PM

447 posts, read 705,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Rance, I do think that they are voting in favor of the illegals for personal gain. When as many illegals are here getting assistance and low waging jobs these are things that are not good for the legal citizens in the country. It is a financial burden to every taxpayer.
Also there are many more criminals here than I think the Gov wants to realize are here. We all know that if a criminal can do their criminal activity they will and they will also tell their friends.
What makes it even worse is the disrespect most illegals have for this country. The violent displays of anger and hatred they have for the people in this country. The talk of taking back our land, and the President of Mexico saying that there are no borders Mexico is where every Mexican is.
The Mexican President puts out propaganda booklets outlining how to sneak into this country and what to do when they get here.
This type of behavior does not make the Americans happy to have them here especially when they are making us pay for them. And that is probably the thing that most ticks us off. It hits us in the pocket book. Well, no I should not say that because other forum members have told stories that are very horrible about what illegals have done to them, which does not help their cause for wanting a better life.
If wanting a better life means taking and destroying another's/or others lives I could not do it. That in essence is what they are doing to the people in America and more so in areas of high illegal concentration.

thanks miborn...couldnt have said it better if i tried...you are very wise...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or