Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:57 PM

447 posts, read 798,074 times

Advertisements

can an anchorbaby run for president? can someone with dual citizenship run for president? read this article...very scary.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=27760
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 07:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
can an anchorbaby run for president? can someone with dual citizenship run for president? read this article...very scary.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=27760
Any US born person can run for President AFAIK.

In fact: the former governor of Michigan, George Romney (Mitt's father) attempted to run back in the 1960's but may have had a problem in being nominated.

Romney was a Mexican under Mexican law; his parents who were US citizens were residents of Chihuahua.

So; in a way, we do have an 'anchor baby' running now--------Governor Mitt Romney of Massachusetts.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:50 PM

447 posts, read 798,074 times
didnt know that about romney, but good to know...two people off my list.
richardson, and romney...i'd rather have shwartzeneger....

Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
didnt know that about romney, but good to know...two people off my list.
richardson, and romney...i'd rather have shwartzeneger....
Which only proves that this thread is not about dual-citizens, it is about you not wanting Mexicans in the office.

Now, who said this forum was not about racisim against Mexicans?

Old 10-07-2007, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Which only proves that this thread is not about dual-citizens, it is about you not wanting Mexicans in the office.

Perhaps.

Mexicans are not a race-------the former president of Mexico, Vincente Fox was of Spanish and American (his father was Fuchs which became Fox) and the man had no Native American blood. Fox is 100% White------and a citizen of Mexico.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:39 AM

537 posts, read 441,205 times
Quote:

I wonder why it is that you felt the need to post a personal attack as you did?

I agree that anyone with any kind of a dual citizenship should not be allowed to become President. I go further though and don't think they should be allowed to hold any political office since not one can honestly prove that they are for the Un ited States first and foremost. I do not trust any person at all, ever, that carries a dual citizenship in our country.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:41 AM

537 posts, read 441,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Perhaps.

Mexicans are not a race-------the former president of Mexico, Vincente Fox was of Spanish and American (his father was Fuchs which became Fox) and the man had no Native American blood. Fox is 100% White------and a citizen of Mexico.
Be careful there now. Most people who like to call anyone who disagrees with their point of view a racist or bigot don't want to know the truth.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:05 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post

I agree that anyone with any kind of a dual citizenship should not be allowed to become President. I go further though and don't think they should be allowed to hold any political office since not one can honestly prove that they are for the Un ited States first and foremost. I do not trust any person at all, ever, that carries a dual citizenship in our country.
Your post is as much of a personal attack as Swedens. Half the citizens of this country should not be allowed to run for president or office, as you or I cannot prove many are for the US, and I'm talking about our own citizens. And I do not trust half the people in this country that "are" us citizens. Especially those that hold any political position. Might do us good to get a "third party citizen" in office. Then it might not be so damn embarrassing everytime they make headlines.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:13 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
It was not meant as a personal attack, and if it was, I would be more than glad if it was removed by a moderator.

However, I feel it only proves the level of maturity on this forum that I was awared a neg rep for it, since I have been called much worse things and yet NEVER even thought about giving someone a neg rep.
If you feel I in any way attacked someone, report my post - then the neg rep won't be necessary since my post will probably be removed.
If you give me a neg rep, then I have already been punished and report may not be needed.
I have not and will never give out a neg rep. I have been called so many bad things on this forum, that if I had distributed neg reps for all of them, many people here would be on minus.

But I stand by what I said. If someone cannot consider having a person of Mexican descent to run for office, but has no problems with someone from Austria, then it clearly has nothing to do with dual citizenship. It is obviously about origin, which happens to be...Mexico.

And I don't see why dual would in any way make someone less patriotic or fit for a job as a representant for the people. We have that in Sweden, and they don't act any different from what the "all-Swedish" office-holders do. It is about individuals, not an entire group that thinks and acts the same way. Not everyone is ignorant etc.

(Now don't neg rep me for that too, it was not a personal attack or anything of that sort)

Old 10-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
It was not meant as a personal attack, and if it was, I would be more than glad if it was removed by a moderator.

However, I feel it only proves the level of maturity on this forum that I was awared a neg rep for it, since I have been called much worse things and yet NEVER even thought about giving someone a neg rep.
If you feel I in any way attacked someone, report my post - then the neg rep won't be necessary since my post will probably be removed.
If you give me a neg rep, then I have already been punished and report may not be needed.
I have not and will never give out a neg rep. I have been called so many bad things on this forum, that if I had distributed neg reps for all of them, many people here would be on minus.

But I stand by what I said. If someone cannot consider having a person of Mexican descent to run for office, but has no problems with someone from Austria, then it clearly has nothing to do with dual citizenship. It is obviously about origin, which happens to be...Mexico.

And I don't see why dual would in any way make someone less patriotic or fit for a job as a representant for the people. We have that in Sweden, and they don't act any different from what the "all-Swedish" office-holders do. It is about individuals, not an entire group that thinks and acts the same way. Not everyone is ignorant etc.

(Now don't neg rep me for that too, it was not a personal attack or anything of that sort)
I now understand your point..........many Americans whose families hail from Mexico are quite patriotic.

Just that the 'Mexica/La Raza' types sully the collective reputation of the above

Part of why I threw the Romneys into the mix was to make the point that some conservative 'White' Republicans can get struck by 'blowback' from anti Hispanic sentiment--------never mind that most Hispanics/Anglos would not count Mitt Romney as Hispanic despite his father (George) born/raised SOB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration