U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

Seems like he is on a roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 AM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8361
I'm sorry, but since they didn't request refugee status and weren't approved prior to coming here they are illegal immigrants and need to be deported. Wet foot, dry foot needs to be ended also. Come the legal way or don't come at all. We don't have the jobs and resources for all these people anymore than we do for the DACA recipients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2012, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
One Haitian whose deportation was stayed by Obama was Kesler Dufrene, a twice-convicted felon and illegal alien who murdered three people, including a 15-year-old girl last year.

Though an immigration judge ordered that Dufrene be deported when he got out of prison for burglary in October 2010, but due to the TPS, immigration authorities in Miami had no choice but to release the illegal alien back onto the streets.
Oh, I thought DHS was deporting the "violent" criminals, and only the "otherwise law-abiding" are off-limits.

Although this is nothing but window dressing to give the appearance of impartial treatment to non-Hispanics, this is outrageous, and will only result in the victimization of more citizens. Why on earth is the government allowing murderers to be set free, only to murder again? He has already proven to be a cold-blooded killer. Does he need to become a serial killer to be considered a threat to this country? Sadly, we have no idea how many of these reprobates are living in our communities.

None of these illegals will ever be returned to Haiti. They'll remain here indefinitely just like the hundreds of thousands here on so-called TPS from Honduras, El Salvador, Sudan, Nicaragua and Somalia. We can expect the same outcome for the Syrians. And, let's not forget, these folks are also eligible for welfare, food stamps, and other tax-funded benefits.

Why are we obligated to provide for these people well after they are able to return home? People from Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua have been here for more than a decade living off of U.S. taxpayers. This is in addition to the billions of dollars in foreign aid we send to those countries. When is enough, enough? TPS is a blatant lie. Temporary doesn't mean forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm sorry, but since they didn't request refugee status and weren't approved prior to coming here they are illegal immigrants and need to be deported. Wet foot, dry foot needs to be ended also. Come the legal way or don't come at all. We don't have the jobs and resources for all these people anymore than we do for the DACA recipients.
I couldn't agree more. The U.S. has allowed itself to be used long enough. We are still spending countless millions of tax funds on the "criminally insane" who entered during the Mariel Boatlift. What other country would allow thousands of rapists and murderers to be dumped on its shores, and agree to take them with open arms? And, make no mistake, their accommodations rival some country clubs, while our own war veterans are homeless and sleeping on park benches. Not to mention, the disgraceful release from mental institutions of countless mentally ill citizens who were left to fend for themselves. Yet, we continue to provide the best psychiatric care for Castro's discarded mentally ill. Just the thought makes me sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I couldn't agree more. The U.S. has allowed itself to be used long enough. We are still spending countless millions of tax funds on the "criminally insane" who entered during the Mariel Boatlift. What other country would allow thousands of rapists and murderers to be dumped on its shores, and agree to take them with open arms? And, make no mistake, their accommodations rival some country clubs, while our own war veterans are homeless and sleeping on park benches. Not to mention, the disgraceful release from mental institutions of countless mentally ill citizens who were left to fend for themselves. Yet, we continue to provide the best psychiatric care for Castro's discarded mentally ill. Just the thought makes me sick.
Well said, I can't rep. you yet, but. it's in the mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, I thought DHS was deporting the "violent" criminals, and only the "otherwise law-abiding" are off-limits.

Although this is nothing but window dressing to give the appearance of impartial treatment to non-Hispanics, this is outrageous, and will only result in the victimization of more citizens. Why on earth is the government allowing murderers to be set free, only to murder again? He has already proven to be a cold-blooded killer. Does he need to become a serial killer to be considered a threat to this country? Sadly, we have no idea how many of these reprobates are living in our communities.

None of these illegals will ever be returned to Haiti. They'll remain here indefinitely just like the hundreds of thousands here on so-called TPS from Honduras, El Salvador, Sudan, Nicaragua and Somalia. We can expect the same outcome for the Syrians. And, let's not forget, these folks are also eligible for welfare, food stamps, and other tax-funded benefits.

Why are we obligated to provide for these people well after they are able to return home? People from Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua have been here for more than a decade living off of U.S. taxpayers. This is in addition to the billions of dollars in foreign aid we send to those countries. When is enough, enough? TPS is a blatant lie. Temporary doesn't mean forever.
Apparently when it comes to refugees it does. These people will never be sent home. Just like illegal aliens, they'll become established, have jobs, homes, families, etc., making it 'cruel' to deport them, so they'll be given some sort of permanent residency status. They might as well call it what it is: Permanent Protected Status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Well said, I can't rep. you yet, but. it's in the mail.
Cute. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Apparently when it comes to refugees it does. These people will never be sent home. Just like illegal aliens, they'll become established, have jobs, homes, families, etc., making it 'cruel' to deport them, so they'll be given some sort of permanent residency status. They might as well call it what it is: Permanent Protected Status.
If the government operated with a shred of honesty, that's exactly what it would be called. I have yet to hear of anyone here on TPS being returned to their country. It's a farce, and everyone knows it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
 
1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
Reputation: 369
I think the next big fight by illegal aliens, and their supporters, will be to get the two year DACA reprieve extended. Did anyone else notice that La Raza has been awfully quiet about it being for two years only? I know they can't be happy about that, so I'm guessing they'll wait until eveyone is signed up, then start working on getting it extended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 03:41 PM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I think the next big fight by illegal aliens, and their supporters, will be to get the two year DACA reprieve extended. Did anyone else notice that La Raza has been awfully quiet about it being for two years only? I know they can't be happy about that, so I'm guessing they'll wait until eveyone is signed up, then start working on getting it extended.
After that La Raza will work on getting their parents amnestied arguing that the families shouldn't be separated. The handwriting in on the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I think the next big fight by illegal aliens, and their supporters, will be to get the two year DACA reprieve extended. Did anyone else notice that La Raza has been awfully quiet about it being for two years only? I know they can't be happy about that, so I'm guessing they'll wait until eveyone is signed up, then start working on getting it extended.
Luis Gutierrez let the cat out the bag when he said their 2-year deferred action is "irreversible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
After that La Raza will work on getting their parents amnestied arguing that the families shouldn't be separated. The handwriting in on the wall.
Exactly. Obama promised he would not separate families. So, I think it is safe to assume he will grant deferred action to every illegal who "claims" to have a citizen relative. I think we all know 99.9% will make that claim. Heck, I'm sure babies are now being conceived for just that purpose. Not to mention, the fake birth certificates they can easily obtain to create a citizen relative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top