U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM

9,599 posts, read 17,710,188 times

Advertisements

Not all illegals will qualify for a d/l but many will. I expect the dmv to be xtra busy. As usual ca will be the first state to issue drivers licenses to illegal aliens. Why do you voters elect such trash to be our law makers ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 05:48 PM

6,390 posts, read 7,340,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Not all illegals will qualify for a d/l but many will. I expect the dmv to be xtra busy. As usual ca will be the first state to issue drivers licenses to illegal aliens. Why do you voters elect such trash to be our law makers ?
So you can eat?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joege18 View Post
If it wasn't for the feds not closing the border CA would not have this problem.
somebody doesn't read the newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I was just talking with a Forest Service and a Fish and Game dude that said it's so stupid the State will sell a non-citizen a hunting tag because they cannot legally possess a weapon. They confiscate the weapon and game if they have shot anything.
Really? How did they know they were non citizens? The truth is, illegals go hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Omitted, of course, is the little fact that they cost the state an estimated 10 billion dollars a year, or that if they were gone the jobless rate would be cut in half within two or three years.
Omitted is the 600 billion dollar ag industry that is now collapsing, because the illegals can find better work in Mexico without all the hassles. Take a look at this photo, these are zucchini that grew too big for the market because there aren't enough workers to harvest them. How long do you think a grower can remain in business throwing a third of his crop away? If he goes, what happens to California, a quarter of the states economy is dependent on harvesters.
Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Yac; 10-04-2012 at 02:54 AM..

Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,145,995 times
Read it again carefully. No money goes to illegal aliens.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM

16,076 posts, read 9,249,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Read it again carefully. No money goes to illegal aliens.
It does, just for their children. Who gets the funds?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Really? How did they know they were non citizens? The truth is, illegals go hunting.
And the truth is, it isn't legal for them to do it. You'd have to take that up with the Fish and Game as to why it isn't. I wasn't checking them, the Fish and Game was. My question to them was why are all the tags selling out when it hasn't ever before. His answer was foreign nationals who can't legally own a firearm were buying them. Odd since I have to show a previous license to get that or a hunter's safety card so the system is obviously being gamed. I asked him legally or illegally here and he said both but usually without a valid DL.

No skin off me as I won't lose my firearm as I am all legal. I just think it's rather dirty to sell tags if they can't hunt. I'd also like to know how an illegal can get a weapon without it being registered. Actually, I do know but the Govt seems to think it is impossible.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 PM

Fish and Game is state, state does not do immigration. Now, in my conversations with wardens, they assume there are illegals hunting with deer tags, they assume that because of a complete lack of English, faked or not. As in 200 cars parked at x canyon and no english speakers. The wardens may or may not be annoyed, but, they have no immigration enforcement responsibility.

In this country, aside from Arizona, no one needs to show proof of citizenship, when asked by law enforcement. works for me.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 PM

9,599 posts, read 17,710,188 times
Im not saying all the state laws are lame but many are. The illegals will surely be California Dreamin' now.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,091,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Omitted is the 600 billion dollar ag industry that is now collapsing, because the illegals can find better work in Mexico without all the hassles. Take a look at this photo, these are zucchini that grew too big for the market because there aren't enough workers to harvest them. How long do you think a grower can remain in business throwing a third of his crop away? If he goes, what happens to California, a quarter of the states economy is dependent on harvesters.
I have openly stated in earlier posts on other threads that I am in favor of a carefully regulated guest worker program that would allow imported agriculture labor to openly be employed. Screened to exclude those with criminal records and insured to protect these workers from exploitation or deportation, it could work.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 PM

15,174 posts, read 15,218,690 times
Country is so done for....I just laugh.

The Demor**s are much better politicians than the Republir**s.....as Ca goes, so goes the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or