U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Carmichael, CA
1,934 posts, read 2,728,262 times
Reputation: 2923

Advertisements

A quarter of the states economy will collapse because there aren't enough (illegal) workers to harvest crops.

A third of the entire country's welfare population lives in California and remains on welfare "because there's not enough jobs."

Is it only me that sees the logical answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Omitted is the 600 billion dollar ag industry that is now collapsing, because the illegals can find better work in Mexico without all the hassles. Take a look at this photo, these are zucchini that grew too big for the market because there aren't enough workers to harvest them. How long do you think a grower can remain in business throwing a third of his crop away? If he goes, what happens to California, a quarter of the states economy is dependent on harvesters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 PM
 
Location: In Transition
1,628 posts, read 1,551,179 times
Reputation: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Wow! Really?

The vast majority of CA is who voted to get CA into the mess they are in. And you think that same vast majority will vote to get CA out of this mess?

I don't don't have much faith in the CA voters...just look at this state and the direction it has been going for a long long long time. It is apparent that the voters don't have a clue how to help this state recover.
Actually, I probably phrased my previous post poorly, but what I meant was the majority of Californians put the current set of legislative clowns (and the head clown Brown) in, and that logically means one of two things. (1) the majority of California voters approve of the license bill since they explicitly voted in legislators who explicitly state they are going to support these things or (2) the majority of California voters are as dumb as rocks and do not see the consequences of their voting actions. The only way (1) or (2) are both wrong is if in the upcoming election the majority of the current set of clowns are voted out, and I can't see that happening, especially for legislators anywhere near the Bay area.

Also, it certainly does not help when the very institution which is supposed to inform these voters, namely newspapers, are blatantly shilling for the Democratic Party.

So it's no use in going to CD and complain about this, since nothing typed here will change any of this. It's either go with the flow or leave.

Last edited by jkbatca; 10-01-2012 at 09:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,391,697 times
Reputation: 8873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Actually, I probably phrased my previous post poorly, but what I meant was the majority of Californians put the current set of legislative clowns (and the head clown Brown) in, and that logically means one of two things. (1) the majority of California voters approve of the license bill since they explicitly voted in legislators who explicitly state they are going to support these things or (2) the majority of California voters are as dumb as rocks and do not see the consequences of their voting actions. The only way (1) or (2) are both wrong is if in the upcoming election the majority of the current set of clowns are voted out, and I can't see that happening, especially for legislators anywhere near the Bay area.

Also, it certainly does not help when the very institution which is supposed to inform these voters, namely newspapers, are blatantly shilling for the Democratic Party.

So it's no use in going to CD and complain about this, since nothing typed here will change any of this. It's either go with the flow or leave.
It is a forum...don't let the very tiny number of ignorant peps stop you from speaking your mind. This is a forum...most of the time you can engage with people in a civil disucssion on most other CD forums. However I do see a clear trend that the CA cheerleaders seem to lack that ability. They attack which naturally produces a counter attack. Too bad they just can't learn to engage in a discussion...they just might learn something.

BTW both (1) and (2) are evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 04:19 AM
 
317 posts, read 465,838 times
Reputation: 404
thats pretty screwed up, maybe ill fly out to cali to get my license next. The NY state DMV gave me a F*cking hard time to renew my license, i bring every little piece of ID i had on me and still didnt believe who i was or that i really lived in NY. I brought tons of mail over and they said the letters from the IRS and even their own DMV office werent proof enough that i live in NY!!!! i even pulled out my dd-214, telling her im a combat disabled veteran, why would i not be a citizen and resident of NY after spending a whole year in iraq for you people. i was there for a good 2 hours before someone higher than their supervior stepped in and said, ok, enough of this, he's good, sign on the forms and got my license
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Fish and Game is state, state does not do immigration. Now, in my conversations with wardens, they assume there are illegals hunting with deer tags, they assume that because of a complete lack of English, faked or not. As in 200 cars parked at x canyon and no english speakers. The wardens may or may not be annoyed, but, they have no immigration enforcement responsibility.

In this country, aside from Arizona, no one needs to show proof of citizenship, when asked by law enforcement. works for me.
They are not concerned about immigration. They are only concerned about someone carrying a weapon that is not allowed to carry. I get checked for weapons during archery only season. If I had one on me I'd be in big trouble. It appears Fish and Game has pretty far reaching authority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 AM
 
Location: San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties
6,390 posts, read 7,335,770 times
Reputation: 2622
Quote:
WASHINGTON -- California Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed a bill late Sunday to make California the "anti-Arizona" on immigration enforcement, after a long fight that took the bill into the national spotlight as a possible rebuke to a program the Obama administration has made key to its effort to remove undocumented immigrants.

Brown did not announce his decision on the bill until close to midnight, Pacific time, as part of a spate of bills -- including one he did sign to allow driver licenses for some young undocumented immigrants -- that Brown needed to address before the end of September. Even a few hours before, advocates weren't sure which way it would go, but in the end Brown ruled it "fatally flawed."
...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM
 
Location: San Angelo, Texas
795 posts, read 1,274,694 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
A quarter of the states economy will collapse because there aren't enough (illegal) workers to harvest crops.

A third of the entire country's welfare population lives in California and remains on welfare "because there's not enough jobs."

Is it only me that sees the logical answer?
I was about to say the same thing. Its a simple solution actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
 
25,631 posts, read 29,103,055 times
Reputation: 23049
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post

What identification or paperwork do you need to carry a long gun? None. Carrying a long gun during archery season is very different than carrying a long gun during long gun season.
Hunting license, identification and a tag or stamp depending on the species of game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
 
Location: San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties
6,390 posts, read 7,335,770 times
Reputation: 2622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hunting license, identification and a tag or stamp depending on the species of game.
I did not ask about hunting, only the carrying or ownership of a long gun, fellow seems to think on must have the governments blessing for a long gun. I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 04:30 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I did not ask about hunting, only the carrying or ownership of a long gun, fellow seems to think on must have the governments blessing for a long gun. I disagree.
Circuit Court rules that illegal immigrants have no right to bear arms in U.S. - Politics & Policy - Catholic Online

I'm also going on what the LE Officer told me, the above seems to reflect that. I am not sure on someone here legally like say, on a work VISA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top