Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 04:46 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,655,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Circuit Court rules that illegal immigrants have no right to bear arms in U.S. - Politics & Policy - Catholic Online

I'm also going on what the LE Officer told me, the above seems to reflect that. I am not sure on someone here legally like say, on a work VISA.
This goes back to determining who is illegal and who is legal. A federal LEO may have jurisdiction, but Fish and Game does not. Since aside from the benighted state of Arizona no one in this country must carry citizenship papers, or internal passports like the Soviet Union. Who is to know? Heck if employers don't know who is legal and who is illegal, how does the "cop on the beat"?

I do see that it is now illegal to open carry a long gun, no more easy rider rifle racks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 04:54 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,322,733 times
Putting myself on the shooting target here but I have to ask:

I'm the only one on the left who is agreeing with the right on this particular issue? It's dangerous to go along with your side just because it's your side.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:11 PM

50,155 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
This goes back to determining who is illegal and who is legal. A federal LEO may have jurisdiction, but Fish and Game does not. Since aside from the benighted state of Arizona no one in this country must carry citizenship papers, or internal passports like the Soviet Union. Who is to know? Heck if employers don't know who is legal and who is illegal, how does the "cop on the beat"?

I do see that it is now illegal to open carry a long gun, no more easy rider rifle racks.
Brown just passed that and I think it sucks. I think you have an exemption buried in there somewhere since you live in the Country. I am too based on hunting but, as you stated, up to each LE individual you run into.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,655,150 times
Quote:
Brown just passed that and I think it sucks. I think you have an exemption buried in there somewhere since you live in the Country. I am too based on hunting but, as you stated, up to each LE individual you run into.
This is one of those city people vs rural people issues. The city people will always win, more legislators. I think it is reasonable not to carry a long gun in Balboa Park, or downtown Los Angeles, but, having to hide my weapons in the country, is baloney.

I won't register or "legalize" any weapon I may own. I read the second amendment as say the only reason to have a gun is to be a part of a well regulated militia, but as long as the Supreme Court disagrees with me, I think limiting reasonable weapons (most people don't need auto matic weapons) is a violation of my rights, so much for me being a liberal eh?

there was that thread about making California more states, I figure, every county with more than say, half million people becomes the new State of Mordor, and the rest become the new State of Happiness.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:31 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,762,680 times
It would simply be dumb not to let them get licensed. They have been legalized at least for a period...and the legal should be able to drive. It is simply a normal requirement.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM

50,155 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It would simply be dumb not to let them get licensed. They have been legalized at least for a period...and the legal should be able to drive. It is simply a normal requirement.
They have not been made citizens, they have been exempted from being deported for a certain length of time. That's a pretty big difference. Especially the small scope of people that are dreamies.

Plus, according to the feds State law doesn't trump Federal law.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,762,680 times
Quote:
They have not been made citizens, they have been exempted from being deported for a certain length of time. That's a pretty big difference. Especially the small scope of people that are dreamies.

Plus, according to the feds State law doesn't trump Federal law.
They have been made legal.

They have been made able to legally work.

Such people are allowed to drive.

Argue with the feds. But they are now legal residents...and therefore should be able to drive.

To refuse to allow those legally here and legally working here to drive is stupid.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,167,526 times
Hmm, according to the DMV V C Section 12502 Nonresident Driver, Mexican citizens who have a valid Mexican drivers license are already allowed to drive in California.

Nonresident Driver

12502. (a) The following persons may operate a motor vehicle in this state without obtaining a driver's license under this code:

(1) A nonresident over the age of 18 years having in his or her immediate possession a valid driver's license issued by a foreign jurisdiction of which he or she is a resident, except as provided in Section 12505.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,866,083 times
Interesting observation (^^) ... however, most of those being granted amnesty haven't got driver's licenses from Mexico because they have never lived there ... the majority are Mexican youth brought here when they were younger than driving age.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,854,667 times
These licenses aren't going to the 23-year-old mojados who wear plaid pants with striped shirts and drive 1982 Citations to their busboy yobs at Denny's with Los Tigres del Norte blasting from the speakers.

Yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration