U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 AM

25,631 posts, read 29,109,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
These licenses aren't going to the 23-year-old mojados who wear plaid pants with striped shirts and drive 1982 Citations to their busboy yobs at Denny's with Los Tigres del Norte blasting from the speakers.

Yet.

Uh no self respecting 23 yr old mojado listens to Los Tigres, that's their parents music. El Rey maybe. And they are driving 2002 Tahoes now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 05:30 AM

16,584 posts, read 32,641,418 times
Mine do!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
They have been made legal.

They have been made able to legally work.

Such people are allowed to drive.

Argue with the feds. But they are now legal residents...and therefore should be able to drive.

To refuse to allow those legally here and legally working here to drive is stupid.
Americans who are unable to drive for whatever reason get around quite nicely with public transportation.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
one quarter of California's economy is dependent on illegals getting to work. Hard to see that as a liberal thing.
That's just maddening.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM

7,150 posts, read 8,470,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Americans who are unable to drive for whatever reason get around quite nicely with public transportation.
They do? Not. Except in the big cities. Man, there are a LOT of places where public transit does NOT get to the job on time.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
So you can eat?
I don't know about Cali but; MOST illegal aliens DON'T do ag work. maybe 5 per cent do or something like that. I'd be Ok paying a bit more for food if it's grown by people here legal.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 AM

6,390 posts, read 7,337,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't know about Cali but; MOST illegal aliens DON'T do ag work. maybe 5 per cent do or something like that. I'd be Ok paying a bit more for food if it's grown by people here legal.
Irrelevant, the fact is, you are dependent on illegals to eat. But, not to worry, as they return to Mexico your food will still come to your table, from Mexico. Yes, America will become an importer of food, subject to what ever political whims occur in other countries, just as with oil.

I realize that the illegal haters operate from an ideological point of view, not a logical point of view. Today, more Mexicans are leaving the US than are coming in.

Now, as the labor shortages increase, as a higher and higher percentage of our food cannot be harvested, it isn't just higher prices, and importation of food that is becoming a problem. Ag is a quarter of the states economy, if it crashes, the state crashes. There are those who are concerned about the states economy today, well, You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!

You cannot trash a quarter of a states economy without disaster to the state.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 AM

Yes. Observe the same hypocritical contradictions in the other thread going simultaneously to this one -- about opposition to tax breaks for the film industry ... same crew that cries out for strong business posturing for California, to save jobs and revenue, up in arms about doing what it takes in reality to save keystone California industries.

Looks like you and I will ride the ranges and sail the harbors with little company crowding around after all, eh?

Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,327,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yes. Observe the same hypocritical contradictions in the other thread going simultaneously to this one -- about opposition to tax breaks for the film industry ... same crew that cries out for strong business posturing for California, to save jobs and revenue, up in arms about doing what it takes in reality to save keystone California industries.

Looks like you and I will ride the ranges and sail the harbors with little company crowding around after all, eh?
Holding hands and singing Kumbayah, no doubt.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Holding hands and singing Kumbayah, no doubt.
Nope. I'm not a singer ... but I'm sure we will chuckle a great deal about the folks who bailed out early in a panic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or