U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Irrelevant, the fact is, you are dependent on illegals to eat. But, not to worry, as they return to Mexico your food will still come to your table, from Mexico. Yes, America will become an importer of food, subject to what ever political whims occur in other countries, just as with oil.

I realize that the illegal haters operate from an ideological point of view, not a logical point of view. Today, more Mexicans are leaving the US than are coming in.

Now, as the labor shortages increase, as a higher and higher percentage of our food cannot be harvested, it isn't just higher prices, and importation of food that is becoming a problem. Ag is a quarter of the states economy, if it crashes, the state crashes. There are those who are concerned about the states economy today, well, You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!

You cannot trash a quarter of a states economy without disaster to the state.
Time to see IF you're right that Cali can't live without illegal aliens. The only "bad" thing I see happening is employers would HAVE to pay proper wages AND have better working conditions for their new legal help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,715,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Kindly cite the law or regulation that declares them "illegal".
How about directly from DHS itself!
Quote:
Deferred action requests are decided on a case-by-case basis. DHS cannot provide any assurancethat all such requests will be granted.The use of prosecutorial discretion confers no substantive right, immigration status, or pathway to citizenship. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer these rights.
Secretary Napolitano Announces Deferred Action Process for Young People Who Are Low Enforcement Priorities | Homeland Security

How about directly from a PRO-illegal advocacy group?
Quote:
As the Chicago based Moratorium on Deportations Campaign points out, “Homeland Security documents clearly state: even people who meet all the criteria may be rejected and turned over to I.C.E. There is no guarantee they will be granted any kind of relief, and the government will be able to initiate deportation proceedings against them, at any time.” In addition, even if granted, Deferred Action does not represent a legal status or safety from deportation. It simply means the government may temporarily postpone efforts to remove you.
Reaction to Obama's Deferred Action Memo on Immigration

Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,190,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
The issue you continue to avoid is whether or not they are "legal" as opposed to "illegal". Once deferred they become legal to about the same extent as any other alien in the US.

Any alien can be thrown out at any time the US government decides to do so.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,794,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but they remain illegal aliens. The opposite of lawful status is unlawful/illegal status. Obama does not have the authority to change their status from illegal to legal, which is why he threw them this bone. Furthermore, non-citizens don't need "permanent" status to be lawfully present. There are millions of foreigners here on temporary work, school and tourist visas. They do not have permanent status, but they do have lawful status.

I know countless people who commute by public transportation to both work and school. In fact, they consider it more convenient. Is there a particular reason illegal aliens can't do the same?
heck, in many areas they get free bus transportation.

this is all so sad for the beautiful state of california.

i want californians to know that if they choose to leave their broken. badly managed, citizen-hating state that florida will welcome them.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
The issue you continue to avoid is whether or not they are "legal" as opposed to "illegal". Once deferred they become legal to about the same extent as any other alien in the US.

Any alien can be thrown out at any time the US government decides to do so.

Do you make crap up as you go? Nothing you are claiming is factual at all!

Hell, I even gave you the policy directly from DHS that says you don't know what you are talking about, yet you still think I'm avoiding what they are? ........ There aren't enough emoticons to describe your inept comment.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 AM

12,973 posts, read 12,190,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post

Do you make crap up as you go? Nothing you are claiming is factual at all!

Hell, I even gave you the policy directly from DHS that says you don't know what you are talking about, yet you still think I'm avoiding what they are? ........ There aren't enough emoticons to describe your inept comment.
You really believe you can emoticon your way out of your absurd position?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Yac

5,877 posts, read 6,307,966 times
As the thread continues I'd like to remind everybody to stay calm, respectful and on topic.
Yac.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
You really believe you can emoticon your way out of your absurd position?
An absurd position? What are you talking about? The Deferred Action Policy in NO WAY grants any form of legality to the illegal immigrant, work authorization grants no form of legal status. I have given you the DHS memo about it, the President has even stated it, PRO-illegal groups even state it, yet you say that what I have shown is absurd? Your intellect denies you any form of rationality and shows an inept and inane position from you. If you can't except what is vs what you think then there is no sense in discussing this further, as you will continue to deny what is.

If you believe me to be wrong, how about you citing regulation or law that shows deferred actions and work authorization creates a legal immigrant. Your little Once deferred they become legal to about the same extent as any other alien in the US. is ignorant fallacy at best and you even admit that with your following sentence Any alien can be thrown out at any time the US government decides to do so., they NEVER become legal at any point from deferred action! Only Congress can allow them to become legal in any sort of way by means of creating law for them specifically. They don't even become legal residents as you claim in #47. But they are now legal residents...and therefore should be able to drive.

I know who you are now, in fact you have been banned numerous times in here, do I need to go back and list all your past names?

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 10-04-2012 at 09:31 AM..

Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,054,393 times
Now that NY has granted all benefits to the deferred action folks, I wonder if CA isn't far behind in also doing that.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 PM

6,390 posts, read 7,361,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Time to see IF you're right that Cali can't live without illegal aliens. The only "bad" thing I see happening is employers would HAVE to pay proper wages AND have better working conditions for their new legal help.
I am not sure why people comment on things they know nothing about.

You are not a capitalist I reckon, and apparently have never taken econ 101. Business owners do not set wages, the market or the government sets wages. Now, are you advocating government stepping in and setting wages?

So, let us say, all growers in CA decide they need to raise wages in order to get more workers. They do that, costs go up, no problem, they raise the price of the vegies.

And the vegies from Mexico come in much cheaper, and our growers go belly up.. great idea.

Also, growers do not know who is legal and who is illegal, they all have the same paperwork.

And, contrary to popular opinion, wages in the fields are about the same as for ambulance paramedics, and Federal Wildland fire fighters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or