U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:40 PM

348 posts, read 914,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
We also have to take into account the U.S has no official language. English is just the most widely spoken.
I never in the past thought this would be an issue as I have seen in the past decade...now, more than ever, we need to make English the official language.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 PM

457 posts, read 301,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
We also have to take into account the U.S has no official language. English is just the most widely spoken.

We will soon. You can take that to the bank.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times
Well I have no problem with that since most of the population speaks English.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,176 times
"Because they have their own channels...why flood ours? Honestly, this is going to cause you to bang your head yet again, but I wish we would do away with ALL the spanish channels, on tv and the radio and the ads...force them to learn English...when in Rome...."

Happymom, you are on the right track. However, I believe there should be Spanish channels for those who want to watch it. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should there ever be a Spanish commercial on English TV or radio, EVER! That is what the SPANISH channels / stations are for. These channels / stations are only alienating their English-speaking audience because we SPEAK ENGLISH!!! I get so angry when I hear these commercials that I have now stopped watching local channels and listening to my favorite radio station because I am so OFFENDED by the blatent disregard for the English-speaking community. LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH OR GO HOME!!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:41 PM

582 posts, read 1,785,647 times
what is wrong with some of you people?i lived in puerto rico for a while and they had english chanells and no one gave a flying @#$%.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:50 PM

28,166 posts, read 43,444,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
what is wrong with some of you people?i lived in puerto rico for a while and they had english chanells and no one gave a flying @#$%.
Amen... I've traveled all over the world, and almost EVERY place had English commercials (in addition to their language & others). But Americans are weird about this, and seem to think 100% of everything needs to be in English - silly and sad.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:55 PM

558 posts, read 277,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I have no idea why they had this stupid commercial (the one with Shrek and Donkey talking about the importance of kids getting an hour of exercise) in Spanish on my tv tonight.

I was watching a regular channel. I live in VT. Why do they have to sneak this Spanish in EVERYWHERE?

I have nothing against a person who wants to learn a second language or keep their culture alive but WHY WHY WHY is always JUST SPANISH??? And, who asked for it on regular tv????
Because SPANISH is a major lanuage spoken her. Because commericals are ADVESTISEMENTS...so they are targeting a segment of the population to boost sales. OMG..Spanish is on TV on a commercial...we all are going to die!!! Stop being so dramatic!
But during my vacation in Peru, no one caught a heart attack when they had an English commerical for a particular AMERICAN company!! People are so damn sensitive and arrogant in this country.

Many hispanics watch english stations to learn ENGLISH!!!!!!!!! And Comcast and other know this! You will live folks...you will live.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:39 PM

i'm sure americans would like to go to cancun on vacation and find out that all the chanells are in spanish.the things that come out of ignorant people's mouth's is unbelievable.toxic people!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:00 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
i'm sure americans would like to go to cancun on vacation and find out that all the chanells are in spanish.the things that come out of ignorant people's mouth's is unbelievable.toxic people!
Based on your spelling and capitalization abilities you would qualify for 'ignorant' status. I doubt that calling people names because they say things you don't agree with is winning you any converts.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Based on your spelling and capitalization abilities you would qualify for 'ignorant' status. I doubt that calling people names because they say things you don't agree with is winning you any converts.
good for you einstein,but the topic is spanish t.v in america not my spelling or capitalization.To top it off ,your not one of those that judges people according to where their from or their education are you?i hope not because you are to smart to be that kind of a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration