U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:31 PM

558 posts, read 277,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofitall View Post
"Because they have their own channels...why flood ours? Honestly, this is going to cause you to bang your head yet again, but I wish we would do away with ALL the spanish channels, on tv and the radio and the ads...force them to learn English...when in Rome...."

Happymom, you are on the right track. However, I believe there should be Spanish channels for those who want to watch it. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should there ever be a Spanish commercial on English TV or radio, EVER! That is what the SPANISH channels / stations are for. These channels / stations are only alienating their English-speaking audience because we SPEAK ENGLISH!!! I get so angry when I hear these commercials that I have now stopped watching local channels and listening to my favorite radio station because I am so OFFENDED by the blatent disregard for the English-speaking community. LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH OR GO HOME!!!!
Ooo.I'm so OFENDED when I hear spanish...bowhowho.
Stop whining like a little spoiled brat. You are offended because you only speak one lanuage. Because you grew up in a country where speaking a second had no importance. People all over the world speak multiple lanuages because they understand the importance of knowing another lanuage to be successful. Communication is the key to success. Get off your high horse and relax.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 PM

582 posts, read 1,786,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
Ooo.I'm so OFENDED when I hear spanish...bowhowho.
Stop whining like a little spoiled brat. You are offended because you only speak one lanuage. Because you grew up in a country where speaking a second had no importance. People all over the world speak multiple lanuages because they understand the importance of knowing another lanuage to be successful. Communication is the key to success. Get off your high horse and relax.
well said....english t.v is all over the world and none of the other countries is bitching about it.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 PM

49 posts, read 107,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I'm sitting here banging my head on my desk. Why does everyone in this forum have to be so pig-headed and stubborn? You get so much TV in English, it's ridiculous. How about a little Spanish for the MILLIONS of native Spanish speakers living here??? (Just so you guys don't have a stroke, let's just think about the "legal" ones.)

There are spanish stations you can watch, we just don't want it on OUR channels. Learn to speak english. This IS an English Speaking Country. I would'nt expect mexicans to speak english to me if I went to Mexico, nor would I think I would not have to speak arabic in an arab country.

I would at least learn the language of any country I would want to live in.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 PM

582 posts, read 1,786,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty704 View Post
There are spanish stations you can watch, we just don't want it on OUR channels. Learn to speak english. This IS an English Speaking Country. I would'nt expect mexicans to speak english to me if I went to Mexico, nor would I think I would not have to speak arabic in an arab country.

I would at least learn the language of any country I would want to live in.
Tell the other countries to take english t.v out because their language is different as well.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:56 PM

49 posts, read 107,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
i'm sure americans would like to go to cancun on vacation and find out that all the chanells are in spanish.the things that come out of ignorant people's mouth's is unbelievable.toxic people!

Right. Some are spanish and some are english. They don't need to be mixed.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:03 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,124,363 times
There was probably a reason this thread was dormant for 6 months before it was brought back. A publicly traded company running ads in a foreign language about exercise is not relevant to the immigration issue. Thread had already run its course. Thanks for participating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration