U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM

31,540 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
"We" are not, "you" are making an issue out of something that I have only shown, as in the AZ case, that it has yet to be determined, which counters all the "papers please" crap that's claimed. Race alone is taken into account in many instances of law, allowed by the US Constitution and not just the AZ Constitution, but many other states as well, which is what Chin is saying, however, in this case (AZ's sb1070), it is yet to be determined if it is allowable or not. You seem to be only arguing Chins first remarks vs taking into account the entirety of the articles interview with him.

When you can intellectually come up with an argument to the OP in its context, then we can have a discussion, until then your inept claims are at best .

Do I support racial profiling? Depends on the circumstance, I'm not going to point to a black man when a white man does the crime. So yes, racial profiling does have a place in law. You seem to confuse criminal profiling with racial profiling.

No need to go to Brignoni-Ponce, I prefer the 2005 usage.RI: Judge dismisses ACLU suit over traffic stop of illegals : Stop The ACLU
I agree. It is actually criminal profiling rather than racial profiling that is acceptable by law and also acceptable to me. If law enforcement has the description of a lawbreaker as being a black male it would make no sense to question white females.

In the case of immigration lawbreakers there is no reason to believe that racial profiling is occuring other than the claims by those who want to protect illegal immigrants from detection. The police can only stop someone if they have already broken a law such as speeding. As been pointed out in here countless times most legal immigrants and citizens would have proper ID so their status wouldn't be questioned. If not, then expect to be questioned. Sounds fair to me.

I am sure there is real racial profiling that goes on in the enforcement of any of our laws by "some" officers who don't follow the letter of the law. However, what do we do? Do we stop the enforcement of all of our laws because of a few rotten apples in the barrel? No, when caught these officers should be dismissed of their duties. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater is not the solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yay for profiling!
Profiling is already happening; if not by LE, by US citizens, even Chicanos AGAINST illegal aliens. It's gonna get a whole lot worse soon.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden1884 View Post
Hispanic is not a race so it's not racial profiling

This is criminal profiling. I'm all for stopping every Mexican looking person and request Proof of citizenship. Stop them all and deport them if they don't have a green card.
Uh; that I DO have a big problem with because not all Hispanics are illegal aliens and not all Hispanics look "Mexican". There are lots of "easy" ways to scare off illegal aliens tho Obama and his boys don't agree.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; that I DO have a big problem with because not all Hispanics are illegal aliens and not all Hispanics look "Mexican". There are lots of "easy" ways to scare off illegal aliens tho Obama and his boys don't agree.
and Romney does?

Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
and Romney does?
It wasn't Romny that implemented DACA and told Homeland Security not to deport any illegal immigrant that doesn't have a felony record.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It wasn't Romny that implemented DACA and told Homeland Security not to deport any illegal immigrant that doesn't have a felony record.
Rawmoney HIRED ILLEGALS and has family in Mexico!!! Face it anti's you're screwed!

Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Rawmoney HIRED ILLEGALS and has family in Mexico!!! Face it anti's you're screwed!
His name is Mitt Romney. Romney never hired illegal immigrants knowingly. Rich people have others hire their domestic help for them. I doubt that Romney has many relatives in Mexico since his parents returned to the U.S. and gave birth to Mitt here. Are you implying that because he may have that he will thumb his nose at our immigration laws? He doesn't think like a Mexican and he has no ethnic ties to Mexico.

No, the entire American populace is screwed if we don't stop illegal immigration and enforce our immigration laws on the books which includes deportations.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
and Romney does?
Romney ain't the POTUS. Obama IS. Sheesh!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Keep poking at us Americans; you might NOT like what might happens WHEN we've had enough from a bunch of illegal aliens and their buddies.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
"We" are not, "you" are making an issue out of something that I have only shown, as in the AZ case, that it has yet to be determined, which counters all the "papers please" crap that's claimed. Race alone is taken into account in many instances of law, allowed by the US Constitution and not just the AZ Constitution, but many other states as well, which is what Chin is saying, however, in this case (AZ's sb1070), it is yet to be determined if it is allowable or not. You seem to be only arguing Chins first remarks vs taking into account the entirety of the articles interview with him.

When you can intellectually come up with an argument to the OP in its context, then we can have a discussion, until then your inept claims are at best .

Do I support racial profiling? Depends on the circumstance, I'm not going to point to a black man when a white man does the crime. So yes, racial profiling does have a place in law. You seem to confuse criminal profiling with racial profiling.

No need to go to Brignoni-Ponce, I prefer the 2005 usage, for which Chin is absolutely correct.RI: Judge dismisses ACLU suit over traffic stop of illegals : Stop The ACLU
You prefer an example of a case (where the it was a traffic stop, not based on ethnicity) heard before a single Federal judge over a unanimous decision of the entire body of the U.S. Supreme Court? Chin is trying to twist United States v. Brignoni-Ponce, search on the terms, and look at the dates. There is nothing new offered here, the attempt is over two years old.

Make United States v. Brignoni-Ponce constitutional, because if you can't, any state's constitution has no relevance here. The terms are laid out in the unanimous ruling (which Chin openly disagrees with, calling it "out of the Constitutional mainstream"), do you need some quotes? The realization of your stance would allow the detainment (wherein 4th Amendment protections should be in place) of an individual based on nothing other than their ethnicity, and you now have a fanboi ("Jaydeen1884") on the forum.

You should be so proud, most proponents of SB1070 try to say it would not ethnically profile...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration